inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Eels {Or Just Eels}

Written By: Apricot on 02/17/05 at 9:03 pm

Anybody ever heard of them? Or rather, him? It's one of my favorite bands. More later if anyone wants to know.

Subject: Re: The Eels {Or Just Eels}

Written By: mrgazpacho on 02/18/05 at 12:01 am

I like the song that was (I think) on the soundtrack of Road Trip.  The song was called something like Mr E's Beautiful Blues :huh:

And I really like Laast Stop: This Town - the video with the little tin wind-up robot is so cheesy :D

Written By: Apricot on 02/18/05 at 9:21 am

I like the song that was (I think) on the soundtrack of Road Trip.  The song was called something like Mr E's Beautiful Blues :huh:

And I really like Laast Stop: This Town - the video with the little tin wind-up robot is so cheesy :D

You know them? SWEET!

If you liked them and you download from a P2P or something, get "Your Lucky Day In Hell". It's the best!

Written By: mrgazpacho on 02/18/05 at 11:32 am

I think lots of people heard about him when Souljacker first came out. There seemed to be a lot of publicity, and of course he had the flashy video for Souljacker Part I which had those people (models?) standing around in a hole in the floor of a jail...

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/18/05 at 11:39 am

Their big hit was "Novocaine For The Soul". They are vitually a one-hit wonder here.

Written By: goodsin on 02/19/05 at 11:30 am

Eels are cool! My favourite songs are the two listed above, though not sure if 'Mr E's Beautiful Blues' was released as a single here, heard it on the album...

Written By: Apricot on 02/19/05 at 3:43 pm

Eels are cool! My favourite songs are the two listed above, though not sure if 'Mr E's Beautiful Blues' was released as a single here, heard it on the album...

I like a lot of the "Daisies..." stuff and "Shootenanny!" myself.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 02/20/05 at 5:17 am

not sure if 'Mr E's Beautiful Blues' was released as a single here

Pretty sure it was a single in Oz, because there was a video clip with him driving the bus and all the nutcases from Road Trip in the video as well :D

Check for new replies or respond here...