inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Pop Music Coming Back, Really?

Written By: Guest on 02/18/05 at 6:29 pm

What do you think?  I'll probably say yes, because I'm getting sick of all that rap and pop-punk.  It's about time that our music will become more poppier, but I don't want it to go overboard like 4-5 year ago.  :)  Reply, soon!

Subject: Re: Is Pop Music Coming Back, Really?

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 02/18/05 at 6:33 pm

If you mean like the current pop outfit, then I hope not.

Written By: mr.smith s on 02/18/05 at 6:56 pm

we need a new Musical Revolution, something completely devoid of image,  but is able to maintain a crowd through other means.

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/18/05 at 6:58 pm

Music needs to go back to the way it was in the 80s ;D

Written By: woops on 02/18/05 at 8:01 pm

Isn't pop still around with Justin Timberlake, Britney, Hillary Duff, etc.  ::) 

Good pop? Maybe  :D

"Naked"... definately!!!

Though best if there's some pop, too much isn't good for anybody.  :D  :) Mostly from the '80's and few from the early '90's.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/18/05 at 8:31 pm

Uh, I never though I'd say it, but I miss pop music too!  The loss of it has destroyed Hip Hop and a lot of Rock because someone has to please the "trendy" crowds. 

we need a new Musical Revolution, something completely devoid of image, but is able to maintain a crowd through other means.

Devoid of image?  I happen to like image.  It puts soul into the music.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/18/05 at 9:37 pm

I hope so, I can't stand hip-hop, well most of it. It's garbage in my opinion. I prefer pop and rock.

Written By: Missionary on 02/19/05 at 9:22 am

No, no it doesn't!!! 

I mean the frizzy, and may I add insanely ugly, hair. :o
The synthesizers in the background.
Bad technology.

Yeah, it wasn't good. There are a few choice songs but not many.

Music should go back to the 30's and 40's, yep....Frank Sinatra. :)

Written By: Chrisrj on 02/19/05 at 3:43 pm

People should do WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH MUSIC.

I, personally, don't care if it sounds like dance, rock, pop, rap, 1980s, 1960s, 1920s, or anything.  We shouldn't be so limited.  But we shouldn't be so cliche'd either.

Written By: Dante20 on 03/03/05 at 8:42 pm

no way because pop-punk will die just like pop did

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/03/05 at 9:00 pm

Something different needs to be done.... badly.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/03/05 at 9:10 pm

I hope the music will go back to the sounds of the 80s, some have already started sounding like that already. The stuff my daughter listens to actually sounds good

Written By: Robbo on 03/04/05 at 1:58 am

I don't want to trap music into one style. Like saying we should go to back to pop, or go back to the 80's I disagree with. Music is what you feel, so if an artist wants to sing blues, jazz, rock, pop, rnb, hip hop, country, it's up to them. However, I think music of today really lacks melody and good hooks. I find the biggest problems with music today is the lack of melody. Chorus's are also started to sound either boring, annoying or cheesy. Don't get me wrong, I like cheesy music, just as long as it is done well. I hate most singers of today. All males sound exactly the same. I don't know how to describe it, but the lead singer of Sum 41. That is what all male singers are trying to sound like. It's annoying. All females are sounding whiny. That's all I am hearing from them. I'm also sick of all these runs they do. Way over the top. What ever happened to melodies, and good rhythm?

Check for new replies or respond here...