inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone here have/ride a motorcycle?

Written By: AL-B on 02/21/05 at 1:10 pm

I've been wanting to get a motorbike for a long time. Once I can get more established in K.C. and get a bigger place (with a garage), I'd like to get a bike. I've been thinking about getting a Triumph. It seems like everyone either rides a Harley-Davidson or a Harley knockoff. Either that or a crotch-rocket. I'd like to get a Triumph because they're a little different. Anyone here have a bike?

Subject: Re: Anyone here have/ride a motorcycle?

Written By: gord on 02/21/05 at 2:17 pm

Yeah I ride, I started in the early 80s. I've always ridden sport bikes. You're thinking of a Triumph ? A Bonneville ? if so very cool and a good way to be a little differant, I love the retro bikes. Do look into taking a saftey course, good luck you'll have a blast :)

Subject: Re: Anyone here have/ride a motorcycle?

Written By: 80s Lady on 02/21/05 at 7:41 pm

We (as in my husband) have a Harley.  He's been riding since he was 16 or so but I think they've all been Harleys.  When he had the Sportster he was teaching me how to ride and I was getting pretty good at it.  Now he's got one of the big ones so I dare not take it out of the driveway!!  Do you know how difficult it is to learn how to ride a bike in the driveway??!!  LOL!!!!

The Triumphs are nice though, it'd be an excellent choice.

Check for new replies or respond here...