inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any Nintendo Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance SP fans here?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/22/05 at 3:13 am

I just bought my first Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP...it's a red one,pretty cool....so far I have "Sonic Advance 2"and a new,modernized Pac-Man game(the ol' yellow sphere has gone 3-D and the game is WAY different graphics-wise...What I like about the Game Boy Advance SP is that it has a rechargable lithium ion battery inside...which means no $$$$$$$$$ spent on Duracells and the like! Definitely worth the money I spent on it....I'm way impressed!

Subject: Re: Any Nintendo Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance SP fans here?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/05 at 10:38 am

I remember Game Boy (the original)  when it first came out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/05 at 11:28 am

teehee, I still have one, as well as a Game Boy Color, and 2 Game Boy Advances...sometime I should probably get rid of them ::)

No.... don't!!!!!!!  ;D

Written By: DreamaJurnee on 02/22/05 at 1:43 pm

I Love playing the old classic games that are out, such as Super Mario Brothers and The Adventures of Link. I've been playing those since i was little, my older brothers taught me when i was 4. Can't beat em, though....I'm not used to playing them on a handheld game.........But I've always been a fan of Nintendo....those were when the best games came out.  8)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/22/05 at 7:05 pm

I'm really happy that Sonic the Hedgehog is now on Nintendo. He's cooler than any of the Mario clan,IMHO...Now looking into getting a decent NFL Football game for my Game Boy Advance SP...possibly Madden 2004 or 2005...I don't think they'd do a game like NASCAR Thunder for a handheld,but I can always hope...

Written By: shiprunner12 on 02/22/05 at 8:44 pm

I had a Game Boy Pocket and then got a Game Boy Color. I haven't got an SP because they're probably just going to keep coming out with more.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/25/05 at 7:39 pm

I had a Game Boy Pocket and then got a Game Boy Color. I haven't got an SP because they're probably just going to keep coming out with more.
The coolest things about the Game Boy Advance SP are,IMHO:

The rechargeable lithium ion battery built into the machine....meaning no $$$$$$$$$$$ constantly being spent on batteries

that the machine comes in different colors(mine is red as in DALE EARNHARDT JR #8 Chevy Monte Carlo)

it plays ALL Game Boy games including the older ones

it's quite awesome,sound and graphics-wise,for it's compact size!

Written By: NbC on 02/26/05 at 7:44 am

The coolest things about the Game Boy Advance SP are,IMHO:

The rechargeable lithium ion battery built into the machine....meaning no $$$$$$$$$$$ constantly being spent on batteries

Definately the rechargeable batteries!!!  I am not a big fan of these handhelds but my daughter always seems to "need" the newest model.  We started out with the first Gameboy, skipped the gameboy color, then off to the Gameboy advance (which is too dark to see the games properly), then the SP (much improved) and now the DS.  I have taken possession of the Gameboy SP so I can play Dr. Mario. 

Written By: Bobby on 02/26/05 at 9:14 am

I think I would like one but I have enough to deal with on my PC and X-Box to feel the need to go around with a Gameboy SP as well! If I go out for any length of time I just use my MP3 player and listen to some tunes.  :)

Written By: Dante20 on 03/03/05 at 8:18 pm

I got mine not to long ago mine is onyx ans i got Pokemon fire red version

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 03/04/05 at 11:48 am

I have the Gameboy player adapter for my GameCube

Check for new replies or respond here...