inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Board's Dying

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 5:50 pm

It seems like less and less are posting here. Why?  I started at least 10 new topics last night.  They should be getting responsed by the minute.

Subject: Re: The Board's Dying

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/22/05 at 5:51 pm

I dunno but..
I notice that I answer more of your questions than anyone elses, I like your questions  :)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 5:52 pm

I dunno but..
I notice that I answer more of your questions than anyone elses, I like your questions  :)

Thank you Jennifer028 :)

-FHF

Written By: Bobby on 02/22/05 at 6:03 pm

You think that, Mike? I thought there was quite a lot of people posting here than normal. It's certainly not 'dying' by any stretch of the imagination.  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/22/05 at 6:06 pm

I don't think it is.

Howard

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 6:12 pm

You think that, Mike? I thought there was quite a lot of people posting here than normal. It's certainly not 'dying' by any stretch of the imagination.  :)

Well at the time there were only like 9 members logged in it was Rush Hour in Central Time.  Now it's not :)

-FHF  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 02/22/05 at 6:14 pm

Well at the time there were only like 9 members logged in it was Rush Hour in Central Time.  Now it's not :)

-FHF  ;)

Why would rush hour in central time be an indicator of how many members/users should be on the board?  ???

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 6:15 pm

Why would rush hour in central time be an indicator of how many members/users should be on the board?  ???

I don't know.  It's bright here in Oregon I guess.  ;D

-FHF

Written By: Howard on 02/22/05 at 6:15 pm

on some occassions,it's busy and at another time,there are less people.

Howard

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/22/05 at 6:20 pm

It's not dying, it's still very much alive.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/05 at 6:21 pm

It's not dying, it's still very much alive.

Of course it is.

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 02/22/05 at 6:23 pm

I don't know.  It's bright here in Oregon I guess.  ;D

-FHF

A forum has it's highs and lows at any one time. Also, there are time zones to consider for people around the world as the season. If it's summer, people like to go on holidays.

Written By: Leo Jay on 02/22/05 at 6:56 pm

A lot of your recent threads seem designed to invite people to denigrate one religion or another, which to me, is not a productive conversation.  While I'd like to think people aren't flooding to them because they'd rather not participate in that kind of conversation, the reality probably is that people have just been away from their PCs for a good part of the American holiday weekend.

Written By: Bobby on 02/22/05 at 7:26 pm

A lot of your recent threads seem designed to invite people to denigrate one religion or another, which to me, is not a productive conversation.  While I'd like to think people aren't flooding to them because they'd rather not participate in that kind of conversation, the reality probably is that people have just been away from their PCs for a good part of the American holiday weekend.

I think your first reason is as valid as your second, Lee.  ;)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 8:38 pm

You seem to find my threads offensive.  Perhaps they are, but I'm more just bringing them to question.  Although I'm not a fan of revealed religion, I don't look down on people of faith.

Written By: jiminy on 02/23/05 at 9:01 pm

too many lame topics...give the what year it feels like BS a rest, and repeated topics two new wrestling threads were added, there is a wrestling thread so put all wrestling comments in it, duplicating topics only pushes some good topics off page one and be realistic, do you really search beyond page one? you might go as far as page two to look. Try to be funny, a good funny thread keeps interest alive

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/23/05 at 9:08 pm

Message Board Addiction Syndrome (MBAS) a condition I have experienced and are well familiar with. The thing is, if you post just for the sake of posting you'll get fewer and fewer responses. Perhaps fewer, more thoughtful questions with catchy headings to lure people in. Trust me, I'm an expert at this...

Or else it could be message board fatigue syndrome (MBFS). Just wait til' a whole new batch of ppl become members...

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/05 at 9:32 pm

too many lame topics...give the what year it feels like BS a rest, and repeated topics two new wrestling threads were added, there is a wrestling thread so put all wrestling comments in it, duplicating topics only pushes some good topics off page one and be realistic, do you really search beyond page one? you might go as far as page two to look. Try to be funny, a good funny thread keeps interest alive

There were only two wrestling threads that I know of in the 90s section, Jiminy. I did ask if we really needed another wrestling thread because we had already talked about the different factions (WCW, WWE, ECW) in the other one.

Written By: jiminy on 02/23/05 at 9:41 pm

That is what i'm talking about, keep all the same topics in one thread, and what about people who posts the deaths of some obscure movie star or author? wasn't he the guy who put his dick in the hole in porkys? oh such a talent has died (he's not dead as far as I know it's just an example)  ;D

Written By: Mister C on 02/23/05 at 10:35 pm

It seems like less and less are posting here. Why?  I started at least 10 new topics last night.  They should be getting responsed by the minute.

Because most of them are just plain silly. Filler material.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 02/24/05 at 6:58 am

If you live in New England, you'll find most new posts around 11:00 at night because, for some odd reason, most of the people who post on forums happen to live in the midwest and west coast. 

Written By: AngeFaitore on 02/24/05 at 7:08 am

It's nice to know that somebody here agrees with me. I abandoned the forum at least two or three weeks ago. Of course everybody here was offended, but I had to say something about the current state of the forum. I have a feeling that the mods and admins don't really care about these forums, because I never see any locked topics, banned members, ect. It's just one of those public mass-post forums because it's linked to the In The 90s, In The 80s and Am I Right.  This forum reminds me of Yesterdayland where activity was free range and nobody cared because there was a strong language filter in place.
I feel more secure at a forum like Sitcoms Online where actual modding takes place and offenders DO get banned or suspended.

Written By: karen on 02/24/05 at 7:16 am

I feel more secure at a forum like Sitcoms Online where actual modding takes place and offenders DO get banned or suspended.

You were obviously not reading the boards last week when some troll came here.  I wasn't either but several posts refer to it and this thread is a bit about it. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,7064.0.html

People have been banned from here on more than one occasion.  Depending on the reason it can be immediate or after trying to talk to the person first.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 02/24/05 at 7:54 am

You were obviously not reading the boards last week when some troll came here.  I wasn't either but several posts refer to it and this thread is a bit about it. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,7064.0.html

People have been banned from here on more than one occasion.  Depending on the reason it can be immediate or after trying to talk to the person first.

clicked on the thread karen, but wow, I ddn't see it - I remember the posts, but for some reason the pics didn't come up on my screen - or was that after they were censored?

Written By: Hairspray on 02/24/05 at 7:57 am

It's nice to know that somebody here agrees with me. I abandoned the forum at least two or three weeks ago. Of course everybody here was offended, but I had to say something about the current state of the forum. I have a feeling that the mods and admins don't really care about these forums, because I never see any locked topics, banned members, ect. It's just one of those public mass-post forums because it's linked to the In The 90s, In The 80s and Am I Right.  This forum reminds me of Yesterdayland where activity was free range and nobody cared because there was a strong language filter in place.

Does anyone else feel we've been too lax? These things are good to know. Heck, we can always get stricter.  :D

Written By: Hairspray on 02/24/05 at 8:04 am

I have a feeling that the mods and admins don't really care about these forums...

I'm not offended by your opinion, in case you wonder. Everyone's entitled to theirs as long as it doesn't violate the Forum Guidelines.

Written By: karen on 02/24/05 at 8:09 am

clicked on the thread karen, but wow, I ddn't see it - I remember the posts, but for some reason the pics didn't come up on my screen - or was that after they were censored?

I'm not sure what the pics were but they sound as though they must have been disgusting.  I was hanging around an airport at the time.

Written By: Bobby on 02/24/05 at 8:58 am

Does anyone else feel we've been too lax? These things are good to know. Heck, we can always get stricter.  :D

IMO No, Hairspray. We have been allowed to get away with a bit of banter and that is a testament to the judgement of the moderators.  :)

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/24/05 at 9:31 am

All I know is that it seems that whenever I am on there is almost nobody on.  But then the next day there are like 1,000s of new posts.  The board is not dying it just depends on when you are on.

Written By: whitewolf on 02/24/05 at 10:36 am

I'm not sure what the pics were but they sound as though they must have been disgusting.  I was hanging around an airport at the time.

Believe me, you are lucky that you didn't see them, they were sick.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/05 at 3:14 pm

Maybe it's too many of the same boring topics but changed around a bit. ::)

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 02/24/05 at 6:39 pm

Does anyone else feel we've been too lax? These things are good to know. Heck, we can always get stricter.  :D

I don't think you have been too lax.  I think the modding is just right around here. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...