inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What did you think of the idol girls?

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/22/05 at 9:06 pm

I think the best singing was probably Carrie Underwood. Celena, Amanda, and Lindsey are hotties. Carrie isn't bad either. Actually most of them look pretty good. This is a good crop of girls this year.

Subject: Re: What did you think of the idol girls?

Written By: Dagwood on 02/23/05 at 7:21 am

I like Carrie Underwood and Nadia the best.  Mikayla needs to go now.  That girl bugs the heck out of me.  She talks like Fran Drescher, someone needs to tell her that's not a good thing.

Written By: Mona on 02/23/05 at 8:58 am

She is really nasal, isn't she.  Hard to believe she's only 16, she doesn't look or act it.  Not familiar enough with them to remember most of their names.  I'm with the judges thou, I don't know why most of them picked ballads to sing when it's obvious that people really enjoy the up beat stuff more.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 02/23/05 at 8:10 pm

I only vote for the ones who I think can actually sing.  That's why I'm so glad Carrie did really good cuz it's about time we had an Okie on American Idol.  I also voted for Nadia and Aloha. 

Written By: jiminy on 02/23/05 at 9:51 pm

let them all audition for the new Hummer commercial

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/23/05 at 9:52 pm

Some of the girls are good. Carrie is good as a country singer. She will be tested when other genres come in. Being an one-trick pony can kill ya.

Tanya

Written By: jiminy on 02/23/05 at 10:01 pm

Some of the girls are good. Carrie is good as a country singer. She will be tested when other genres come in. Being an one-trick pony can kill ya.

Tanya
tell me about it, I didn't get far singing Death Metal

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 02/24/05 at 11:13 am

Tanya

I don't think she sounds like pure country.  I can definitely hear some good pop elements in her voice and I think she'll be able to do good.

Written By: maddog on 02/26/05 at 3:50 pm

We get this show in the UK a few days after it's shown in the USA. I saw the girls part of the show last night, I thought Nadia was head and shoulders above anyone else in the competition.

Written By: kairi747 on 03/14/05 at 5:31 pm

BORING!  The girls are so much less fun to watch than the boys.  I do like Carrie and Nadia, but even they aren't very exciting!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 03/14/05 at 5:39 pm

I don't like Carrie Underwood at all I guess it's because I hate country music and she doesn't seem to be the brightest person but the girls are seriously pathetic compared to the guys this season. I like Nadia and Vonzell and I hope Mikalah dies. I have no idea why the judges like her horrible annoying screeching voice so much.  >:(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/17/05 at 12:10 pm

I saw the girls part of the show last night, I thought Nadia was head and shoulders above anyone else in the competition.

I totally agree!  :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/17/05 at 3:23 pm

I don't think she sounds like pure country.  I can definitely hear some good pop elements in her voice and I think she'll be able to do good.

She has a good voice, no doubt about it. But, it seems almost every song has a country tinge to it.

Tanya

Written By: Rodog on 03/17/05 at 7:06 pm

Bunch of hotties...

Written By: Miss Tainted on 03/17/05 at 7:19 pm

Bunch of hotties...
Why does that sound so perverted?  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/20/05 at 10:53 pm

I like Mikalya.....she is really pretty....but looks way too old to be only 16...she has a very unique singing voice

Erin :)

Written By: whitewolf on 03/22/05 at 7:58 pm

Personally I like Carrie, she sang a heart song like it was made for her.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/22/05 at 8:59 pm

I don't give a fying fluck about the American Idol girls, whoever they are!
:P

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/24/05 at 9:50 am

I like Mikalya.....she is really pretty....but looks way too old to be only 16...she has a very unique singing voice

Erin :)

Yeah she's pretty, but she sings like somethings blocking her windpipe.  I personally think she'd have a better chance winning Next Top Model than America Idol. 

This week, Carrie was definitely my favorite.  I also voted for Nadia the past few weeks, but she really disappointed me this time....after time.... Her voice just isn't that strong.  And what the blankety-bleep was up with the fro-hawk???

Written By: Apricot on 03/24/05 at 10:31 am

Meh, I'm kinda sick of American Idol at this point.

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/24/05 at 4:30 pm

Even though I'm not really too happy with the girls this season, I would have to pick Carrie Underwood and Nadia. However Ms. Underwood should definitely try to look more alive onstage and Nadia should NEVER EVER wear a fauxhawk again.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/24/05 at 5:40 pm

Even though I'm not really too happy with the girls this season, I would have to pick Carrie Underwood and Nadia. However Ms. Underwood should definitely try to look more alive onstage and Nadia should NEVER EVER wear a fauxhawk again.

I do agree- Carrie's great vocals need to be accompanied with a little better stage presence.

btw, was anyone else at mad as I was when Mario left?

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/24/05 at 7:13 pm

I do agree- Carrie's great vocals need to be accompanied with a little better stage presence.

Yeah I was burnt too, I think he had a 90% chance of winning it. Then again American Idol Alumni usually have a one year shelf life so maybe it was a good thing for him.

Written By: kairi747 on 03/28/05 at 10:55 am

yes!  i miss mario.  rumor has it - he signed a contract with p diddy.  we shall see!

Written By: maddog on 03/28/05 at 3:15 pm

Yeah she's pretty, but she sings like somethings blocking her windpipe.  I personally think she'd have a better chance winning Next Top Model than America Idol.   

This week, Carrie was definitely my favorite.  I also voted for Nadia the past few weeks, but she really disappointed me this time....after time.... Her voice just isn't that strong.  And what the blankety-bleep was up with the fro-hawk???

I agree 100% QueenAmenRa, I liked Mikayla's personality and she gave some decent performances on earlier shows but this week she sang really flat, it was terrible.

Nadia was my early favourite but again I agree, this week she really disappointed.

Check for new replies or respond here...