inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Annoyed?

Written By: Sweetheart4JTE on 02/24/05 at 6:51 pm

Is it just me or the music in clubs these days just stick to strictly rap? Hmm...it seems that way...it's annoying, and yes I know people have different tastes and I have the ablility to go up to the DJ and request something else...but why always rap? I prefer rock and roll baby!
http://www.geocities.com/jtecollection/Joe_12.jpg
But my passion it won't slip away...Oh I'm not going crazy...

Subject: Re: Annoyed?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/24/05 at 6:54 pm

Is it just me or the music in clubs these days just stick to strictly rap? Hmm...it seems that way...it's annoying, and yes I know people have different tastes and I have the ablility to go up to the DJ and request something else...but why always rap? I prefer rock and roll baby!
Used to be a hard night of drinkin' would make me spew. Now if I even hear that crap...and just walking outside sometimes I can from blocks away...I get sick!  Rock Rules! ;)

Written By: woops on 02/24/05 at 6:59 pm

Rock rules! Though certain sub genres... numetal (rock/rap) is worse  :P With exception of Faith No More & RHCP.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/24/05 at 7:00 pm

Rock rules! Though certain sub genres... numetal (rock/rap) is worse  :P With exception of Faith No More & RHCP.
true ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/24/05 at 7:30 pm

Rock has seriously gone stale and is need of a major face-lift!

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/05 at 8:20 pm

Can't say, I am not a club person.  ::)

Written By: jaytee on 02/24/05 at 8:59 pm

Used to be a hard night of drinkin' would make me spew. Now if I even hear that crap...and just walking outside sometimes I can from blocks away...I get sick!  Rock Rules! ;)

Gotta agree with everything you said Mark!  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/24/05 at 9:12 pm

Gotta agree with everything you said Mark!  ;)
Thanks, Janine ;)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/24/05 at 9:21 pm

i hate clubs for that. i used to go to this local club that had classic rock wednesdays. no one was there except for myself, a few friends and couple of other bums who got drunk on a wednesday. those were the best nights because we get the DJ to play whatever we wanted.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/25/05 at 1:14 am

I barely even visit pubs any more, you get way more fun going to a private party, concert, gig, game etc than you do going to a bar. The beer/alcohol is so darn expensive, the music is crappy and you end up smelling terribly of smoke afterwards  :P

This coming from a 19 year old  ;D

Written By: jackas on 02/25/05 at 3:03 am

I don't mind rap so much, it's the fricken techno/house/trance music that I can't stand.  Get me some Ecstasy and some glow sticks man, I'm rollin'. ::)

Written By: goodsin on 02/25/05 at 6:48 am

I don't mind rap so much, it's the fricken techno/house/trance music that I can't stand.  Get me some Ecstasy and some glow sticks man, I'm rollin'. ::)

You'll be needing your surgical mask & whistle too then. ;D Still a bit like that over here in the UK. Lots of Trance & Techno about, some places do R&B & Rap nights too, but not that many places do rock sets where I live. We have got a club that seems to be solely inhabited by teenage Goths & skate rockers, with a few Trannies thrown in for good measure, but I always feel a bit out of place going there- too much Slipknot does get a bit much, but the teenies love it. In larger cities, they do have more variety, but I'd have to travel 30+ miles for that...
Ecstasy's still pretty big amongst clubbers here, and it's dirt cheap, less than £2 (about $3 US) per tablet. It's so cheap 'cos there's nothing active in it any more! I saw a recent survey of Ecstasy tablets seized by Police from clubbers, out of 10 tablets, only 1 contained any MDMA, the active ingredient in pure Ecstasy, and only 2 tablets carried anything that might be conducive to having a good evening out (caffiene!). The rest had wierd combinations of anti-sickness & anti-depressant drugs with bulking agents. I've often heard clubbers these days saying "Ooh, I took 4 of those pills last night", as if it's a big thing- dealers are obviously playing on people's gullibility. Ecstasy is currently another name for placebo, and someone somewhere is making millions out of it! ;D

Written By: jackas on 02/25/05 at 7:57 am

You'll be needing your surgical mask & whistle too then. ;D Still a bit like that over here in the UK. Lots of Trance & Techno about, some places do R&B & Rap nights too, but not that many places do rock sets where I live. We have got a club that seems to be solely inhabited by teenage Goths & skate rockers, with a few Trannies thrown in for good measure, but I always feel a bit out of place going there- too much Slipknot does get a bit much, but the teenies love it. In larger cities, they do have more variety, but I'd have to travel 30+ miles for that...
Ecstasy's still pretty big amongst clubbers here, and it's dirt cheap, less than £2 (about $3 US) per tablet. It's so cheap 'cos there's nothing active in it any more! I saw a recent survey of Ecstasy tablets seized by Police from clubbers, out of 10 tablets, only 1 contained any MDMA, the active ingredient in pure Ecstasy, and only 2 tablets carried anything that might be conducive to having a good evening out (caffiene!). The rest had wierd combinations of anti-sickness & anti-depressant drugs with bulking agents. I've often heard clubbers these days saying "Ooh, I took 4 of those pills last night", as if it's a big thing- dealers are obviously playing on people's gullibility. Ecstasy is currently another name for placebo, and someone somewhere is making millions out of it! ;D

Thanks, I almost forgot those.  Oh, need my pacifier too.  Yeah, it's definitely a weird scene.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/05 at 10:17 am

back in the days,you used to go to a club and hear old school rap,funk,disco now it's basically more of today's stuff than the oldies. ::)

Howard

Written By: Tam on 02/25/05 at 10:22 am

I guess this could be because I live in an 'Army' town but there are many clubs here that are completely different from one another. We have the country bars and the rap bars. There is a club that plays mostly pre-80's rock and one place that plays nothing but 80's. Don't know if I could find that kind of mix anywhere else.
My husband love hip hop, R&B and rap... I can put up with it for a short time but then I have to turn on the CCR and Eagles to set my mind back to normal! :)

Written By: jackas on 02/25/05 at 11:00 am

I guess this could be because I live in an 'Army' town but there are many clubs here that are completely different from one another. We have the country bars and the rap bars. There is a club that plays mostly pre-80's rock and one place that plays nothing but 80's. Don't know if I could find that kind of mix anywhere else.
My husband love hip hop, R&B and rap... I can put up with it for a short time but then I have to turn on the CCR and Eagles to set my mind back to normal! :)

You sound like me and my husband.  He likes R&B and dance/techno, I can only drown it out for so long before my ears start to bleed.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/25/05 at 11:12 am

You sound like me and my husband.  He likes R&B and dance/techno, I can only drown it out for so long before my ears start to bleed.
Did someone say "Ears bleed"? Can you say Mariah Carey...Rush :o :D :P

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/25/05 at 12:32 pm

I hope you guys ain't from New York, cuz' if you are you're not looking hard enough for the Rock. There is a place for everything here! If you aren't then I wish I could help you.

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/25/05 at 5:15 pm

I always go to Nottingham to a place called funnily enough 'rock city' whenever i go 'clubbing' as such.

The Clubs around here suck major a**!

The bars near the university are excellent though, live music etc.. usually pretty good. Most of the time i just stick to them.

Check for new replies or respond here...