inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Here we go AGAIN:U.S. East Coast in for more SNOW!!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/27/05 at 4:49 pm

What a bummer,my area is gonna get hammered yet AGAIN with more messy weather......snow,ice, more problems such as school closings....bus delays....they call for as much as ten inches of SNOW inland...anyone else dreading this coming storm?

Subject: Re: Here we go AGAIN:U.S. East Coast in for more SNOW!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 02/27/05 at 5:47 pm

I'd say stay inside and drink plenty of hot chocolate or hot tea.  Wrap up in a blanket and read a book.  Sounds perfect to me. :)

Written By: gord on 02/27/05 at 6:23 pm

anyone else dreading this coming storm?

SNOW DAY 8) the storm is supposed to hit us on Tuesday, snow days are great, the kids stay home from school, I stay home from work, life moves at a differant pace for a day or so. I feel bad for those that have to drive in it though.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/27/05 at 6:32 pm

in northern canada we don't get snow days. we go to work or to school regardless. must be nice to stay home when it snows....

Written By: Dagwood on 02/27/05 at 6:41 pm

in northern canada we don't get snow days. we go to work or to school regardless. must be nice to stay home when it snows....

It's the same in Utah. 

Written By: gord on 02/27/05 at 6:43 pm

The kids are on bus routes ( my daughter drives herself ) so when the roads are hazardous the buses don't run, leaving more than half the school population at home, nothing is taught so it's just a fun day for the kids that do get to school. As for me, I work outdoors so it's just not safe and feasible to be out in it. So yeah it is nice to get a few snow days a year but I know what you're saying, we are much wimpier down here :)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/27/05 at 6:52 pm

The kids are on bus routes ( my daughter drives herself ) so when the roads are hazardous the buses don't run, leaving more than half the school population at home, nothing is taught so it's just a fun day for the kids that do get to school. As for me, I work outdoors so it's just not safe and feasible to be out in it. So yeah it is nice to get a few snow days a year but I know what you're saying, we are much wimpier down here :)

i drive cab and when it dumps snow it such a pain to drive in it. one day i was stuck four times, the next day it snowed even worse and i called in sick. i can tolerate the cold but the snow i can't stand.

Written By: gord on 02/27/05 at 6:58 pm

i drive cab and when it dumps snow it such a pain to drive in it. one day i was stuck four times, the next day it snowed even worse and i called in sick. i can tolerate the cold but the snow i can't stand.

I can sympathise, you have to drive in it, probably busier on those day is it. It's a fun day here for us, since the kids were little we'd get out and have fun in it. The thing that would really tick my kids off is when the weather was borderline bad and they would go to school but old dad would give himself a snow day. I couldn't endanger myself or employees lives :)

Written By: Howard on 02/28/05 at 5:58 pm

Well,New York they said supposed to be about 3-6 inches on top of the other storm we've had a few weeks ago.I guess spring hasn't arrived yet.I hope it comes soon.I tired of this S-H-I-T >:(

Howard

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/28/05 at 7:04 pm

Here (I live near Atlantic City NJ)we fared pretty well compared to the January 22nd mess...I managed to get my grocery shopping done....and managed to see my program staff about help with cleaning my place...I have some physical difficulties which are flaring up and it would make me feel less stressed with some help(and sage advice)...

Check for new replies or respond here...