inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's worse: 1997-2000 Boy/Girl Band Pop or 2001+ Mainstream Rap

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 1:30 pm

I say they're the same thing.  Just a different package.  Baby, baby, yeah yeah, same thing.  :P  >:(

Subject: Re: What's worse: 1997-2000 Boy/Girl Band Pop or 2001+ Mainstream Rap

Written By: jiminy on 03/03/05 at 1:33 pm

It's all shhh and the best way to judge shhh is...what one makes your flowers grow faster?  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/03/05 at 1:54 pm

It's all shhh and the best way to judge shhh is...what one makes your flowers grow faster?  ;D
;D Last year I buried some cds in my garden....the Britany side with her debut cd was just a little behind the Back Door Boys collection in the other half. Real pretty garden, it is :D This year I stuck Mariah in the front yard and my yard won an award!

Written By: jiminy on 03/03/05 at 1:55 pm

;D Last year I buried some cds in my garden....the Britany side with her debut cd was just a little behind the Back Door Boys collection in the other half. Real pretty garden, it is :D This year I stuck Mariah in the front yard and my yard won an award!
;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/03/05 at 2:49 pm

I voted they're all the same garbage.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/03/05 at 3:52 pm

Boy/Girl Band groups

Tanya

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 03/03/05 at 4:49 pm

well im sorry guys but my pick for the worst is on Mainstream Rap...and im not trying to make a statement...just expressing my opinion,...its funny how music can change people...i mean would u say the music that u listen too is kinda what defines you...if u listen to pop u like this and that...u like oldies, well u look like from 1979 or have ur hair like this and that.....but what funny now rap now we have guys wearing shirts that reach up too there kneew and shorts that go on their knees...and girls dressing up like...guys would...im sorry and that ebonic language they all speak without say a cuss word in one sentence...and basicly somek weed, drink, and have sex, and money....the illegal way.....its sad that we have tlaking aobut such hate and violence and "...oh ima betta rapper foo...u aint sh*it my n***a"...im sorry if music can do that to people...then i think there is seriuosly something wrong with rap and hip-hop...but me i like 80's music all the way and some of today as wel like pop and some R&B...but other than rap...has anyone given thoguht of this?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 5:19 pm

well im sorry guys but my pick for the worst is on Mainstream Rap...and im not trying to make a statement...just expressing my opinion,...its funny how music can change people...i mean would u say the music that u listen too is kinda what defines you...if u listen to pop u like this and that...u like oldies, well u look like from 1979 or have ur hair like this and that.....but what funny now rap now we have guys wearing shirts that reach up too there kneew and shorts that go on their knees...and girls dressing up like...guys would...im sorry and that ebonic language they all speak without say a cuss word in one sentence...and basicly somek weed, drink, and have sex, and money....the illegal way.....its sad that we have tlaking aobut such hate and violence and "...oh ima betta rapper foo...u aint sh*it my n***a"...im sorry if music can do that to people...then i think there is seriuosly something wrong with rap and hip-hop...but me i like 80's music all the way and some of today as wel like pop and some R&B...but other than rap...has anyone given thoguht of this?

I agree totally.  Mainstream rap is making NINETIES music seem decent and moral.  I'm not kidding.

-DR

Edited to add:  I don't think music changes people, or else 50% of teens would be criminals.

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 03/03/05 at 5:22 pm

totally dude...but here there is always hope and i qoute from the Matrix & from my life and others

"..Everything that has Beginning...has an End.."

Written By: Apricot on 03/03/05 at 7:07 pm

Some 1997-2000 pop was decent. This new sex-driven rap is the Devil, it is.

Written By: Bobby on 03/03/05 at 7:57 pm

They're the same in my book.  :)

Written By: Dante20 on 03/05/05 at 9:50 pm

Same here

Written By: Kyle on 03/10/05 at 5:58 pm

They're the same in my book.  :)

I agree with you, too.  Just take a song such as "Pop" by *NSYNC and a Snoop Dogg, and you won't see the difference.  No kidding!  Also, take Genie in the Bottle and put 50 Cent to it, and its Obsession by Baby Bash/Whatever, yo! :)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 6:27 pm

I agree with you, too.   Just take a song such as "Pop" by *NSYNC and a Snoop Dogg, and you won't see the difference.  No kidding!  Also, take Genie in the Bottle and put 50 Cent to it, and its Obsession by Baby Bash/Whatever, yo! :)

Agreed, except for Snoop.  :)  He is a legit emcee  8)

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/10/05 at 6:53 pm

Agreed, except for Snoop.  :)  He is a legit emcee  8)

God, I hate that Drop it like it's hot song, that has got to be one of the dumbest songs out there.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 6:55 pm

God, I hate that Drop it like it's hot song, that has got to be one of the dumbest songs out there.

The lyrics aren't that great, but I love the beat.  I do think it's better than 95% of other Mainstream Rap songs.

Brian, you heard of Atmosphere?  Check out www.rhymesayers.com    That's real, positive rap for ya.  If you're interested.  8)

-DR  8)

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/10/05 at 6:56 pm

The lyrics aren't that great, but I love the beat.  I do think it's better than 95% of other Mainstream Rap songs.

Brian, you heard of Atmosphere?  Check out www.rhymesayers.com    That's real, positive rap for ya.  If you're interested.  8)

-DR  8)

No I never heard of them, well I'll take a look at it.  ;)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 7:47 pm

No I never heard of them, well I'll take a look at it.  ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/10/05 at 9:12 pm

They are both the same pre-packaged stuff only in slightly different forms

Check for new replies or respond here...