inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Reality TV vs. Sitcoms

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 1:34 pm

I say sitcoms BY FAR.

Subject: Re: Reality TV vs. Sitcoms

Written By: Webstor on 03/03/05 at 3:11 pm

sitcoms

Written By: Howard on 03/03/05 at 3:23 pm

sitcoms by far

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/03/05 at 3:51 pm

No contest, sitcoms!

Tanya

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 5:32 pm

To be fair, sitcoms have their share of crap too.  Rosanne, Happy Days, According to Jim, all the new Disney Channel sitcoms since 2003, any new Saturday night Nick sitcoms. I'm really not a fan even of Friends and other classic 90s sits.

Although the only Reality I like is Joe Millionaire and a few comedy ones like The Assistant.

Written By: Bobby on 03/03/05 at 5:38 pm

Sitcoms. The classics are usually my favourite, Porridge, Only fools and horses, Steptoe and Son, Fawlty Towers, Third rock from the sun, Frasier and Men behaving badly (to name just a few).  8)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 5:41 pm

Sitcoms. The classics are usually my favourite, Porridge, Only fools and horses, Steptoe and Son, Fawlty Towers, Third rock from the sun, Frasier and Men behaving badly (to name just a few).  8)

Third Rock was AWESOME :)

-DR

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/03/05 at 5:47 pm

-DR

Sitcoms nowadays are pretty much a joke outside of maybe King of queens and Raymond, Raymond's gone this year so imo that leaves one decent siitcom.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 5:51 pm

Sitcoms nowadays are pretty much a joke outside of maybe King of queens and Raymond, Raymond's gone this year so imo that leaves one decent siitcom.

Agreed. IMO 1988-1998 was the best time for sitcoms.

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/03/05 at 5:56 pm

Agreed. IMO 1988-1998 was the best time for sitcoms.

for more modern sitcoms yes, but '70s and '80s sitcoms were great, actually I think the '70s and into the '80s was the best time for sitcoms. I think All in the family is one of the best shows ever, I've seen like every episode a few times, and they're still always funny. I am so thankful for nick at nite and tvland.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 5:59 pm

for more modern sitcoms yes, but '70s and '80s sitcoms were great, actually I think the '70s and into the '80s was the best time for sitcoms. I think All in the family is one of the best shows ever, I've seen like every episode a few times, and they're still always funny. I am so thankful for nick at nite and tvland.

Good point.  I don't know, pre 1987ish humor just seems alien to me.  Well TV humor, I can strike with the movies a lot better.  8)

-DR

Written By: Bobby on 03/03/05 at 6:03 pm

-DR

I am very proud to say I have only got to get series 5 on DVD and I have the full set (I might get that this week  8)).

Is 'All in the family' to do with Archie Bunker? I would like to see it to compare it with it's English equivalent 'Till death us do part' with Alf Garnet.

Written By: AchtungBaby on 03/03/05 at 6:04 pm

Ok - I like reality TV shows - but I like sitcoms too  :-[ :-[

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 6:05 pm

I am very proud to say I have only got to get series 5 on DVD and I have the full set (I might get that this week  8)).

Is 'All in the family' to do with Archie Bunker? I would like to see it to compare it with it's English equivalent 'Till death us do part' with Alf Garnet.

I think All in the Family is Archie since the dad in it's such a blowhard.  That show holds up well today.  8)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 6:05 pm

Ok - I like reality TV shows - but I like sitcoms too  :-[ :-[

It's all good - after all it's only what you like to watch on TV  8)

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/03/05 at 6:16 pm

Sitcoms by far.

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/03/05 at 6:18 pm

To be fair, sitcoms have their share of crap too.  Rosanne, Happy Days, According to Jim, all the new Disney Channel sitcoms since 2003, any new Saturday night Nick sitcoms. I'm really not a fan even of Friends and other classic 90s sits.

Although the only Reality I like is Joe Millionaire and a few comedy ones like The Assistant.

What do you have against Happy Days and According to Jim.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 6:20 pm

What do you have against Happy Days and According to Jim.

According to Jim, too generic, Happy Days, too campy for even my taste and terrible acting.  Sorry to any fans.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/03/05 at 6:23 pm

Sitcoms!

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/03/05 at 6:24 pm

Full House was an awsome show.

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/03/05 at 6:34 pm

I think All in the Family is Archie since the dad in it's such a blowhard.  That show holds up well today.  8)

It's so funny when Archie tries to quote the constitution or the bible, in one episode Mike is telling Archie about the 2nd amendment, so he pulls out his textbook and reads the amendment from his book, and Archie is like I don't believe no constitution from those commie books of yours, lol.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/03/05 at 6:35 pm

It's so funny when Archie tries to quote the constitution or the bible, in one episode Mike is telling Archie about the 2nd amendment, so he pulls out his textbook and reads the amendment from his book, and Archie is like I don't believe no constitution from those commie books of yours, lol.

Don't remember, but  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/03/05 at 6:38 pm

Don't remember, but  ;D

Oh then Archie is talking about gun control in one episode, he's like you know how you get rid of hijackings, you arm all your passengers, just pass out the pistols at the beginning of the flight and collect them on the way out, lol.

Written By: Apricot on 03/03/05 at 7:20 pm

Everybody Love Raymond, nobody loves those jerks on Survivor.  ;D

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/04/05 at 3:14 pm

Everybody Love Raymond, nobody loves those jerks on Survivor.  ;D

agreed

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/04/05 at 4:59 pm

SITCOMS!!!!!! ;D I love Sitcoms!! And you can probably guess what my favorite sitcom is! Full House! 

I like Reality tv to a certain extent but some of the shows are just crap such as Big Brother, Queer eye for the straight guy/girl. I liked Joe Millionare, For love or money, and Fear Factor.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/04/05 at 5:02 pm

SITCOMS!!!!!! ;D I love Sitcoms!! And you can probably guess what my favorite sitcom is! Full House! 

I like Reality tv to a certain extent but some of the shows are just crap such as Big Brother, Queer eye for the straight guy/girl. I liked Joe Millionare, For love or money, and Fear Factor.

Wow! You have about the same views as me on the subject :)

-DR (FHF)

Written By: BlondeyFHFan6 on 03/04/05 at 5:08 pm

Cool!! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/05 at 5:51 pm

Sitcoms completely

Check for new replies or respond here...