inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If someone was to meet you in person, they would say...WOW! he/she really...

Written By: jiminy on 03/06/05 at 7:20 pm

He really does listen to Metal non stop  ;D

Subject: Re: If someone was to meet you in person, they would say...WOW! he/she really...

Written By: Apricot on 03/06/05 at 7:24 pm

WOW! He really.... well, he really... he really is Apricot!  ;D

Subject: Re: If someone was to meet you in person, they would say...WOW! he/she really...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/06/05 at 9:24 pm

a weirdo!  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/06/05 at 9:51 pm

boring

Written By: jaytee on 03/06/05 at 9:55 pm

never shuts up !

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/06/05 at 11:34 pm

weird but cool

Written By: goodsin on 03/07/05 at 1:15 am

...really should clean his shoes instead of spending his valuable work time on the Internet!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/07/05 at 1:42 am

Verbose.

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/07/05 at 1:44 am

..does not look like what you would picture(I look like a Young Republican lol, always dress in slacks, dress shoes, real shirts, belt, undershirt, etc.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/07/05 at 1:50 am

..does not look like what you would picture(I look like a Young Republican lol, always dress in slacks, dress shoes, real shirts, belt, undershirt, etc.)

Well, you still the Dude.
I look nothing like Don Adams if it makes you feel better.

I know one thing they say--whether they've met me or not--"this guy likes weeeird music."

Written By: goodsin on 03/07/05 at 3:56 am

I look nothing like Don Adams if it makes you feel better.

Is that who your avatar is? I thought it was a young Georgie Bush, trying to work out how to use the telephone! ;D

Written By: Bobby on 03/07/05 at 5:17 am

. . . quiet maybe?

Written By: gemini61 on 03/07/05 at 5:23 am

Looks young for her age. People think my oldest daughter and I are sisters sometimes  :o 

Written By: Bobby on 03/07/05 at 5:25 am

Looks young for her age. People think my oldest daughter and I are sisters sometimes  :o 

Ah! That's got to be good, Gemini. I've saw your piccys, I think you look . . . About early 30s (Fair assessment?)

Written By: gemini61 on 03/07/05 at 5:26 am

Ah! That's got to be good, Gemini. I've saw your piccys, I think you look . . . About early 30s (Fair assessment?)

I love you, Rob  ;D 

Written By: Bobby on 03/07/05 at 5:28 am

I love you, Rob  ;D 

Ah! In off the red.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/07/05 at 6:46 am

Is that who your avatar is? I thought it was a young Georgie Bush, trying to work out how to use the telephone! ;D

That's Don Adams as Maxwell Smart in Get Smart!.  He's using the famous Maxwell Smart shoe-phone.  See, back in the 1960s, mobile phones were such a ridiculous idea only fictional spies of international intrigue had them...and parodies of said spies, as in Maxwell Smart's case.

Written By: goodsin on 03/07/05 at 6:59 am

That's Don Adams as Maxwell Smart in Get Smart!.  He's using the famous Maxwell Smart shoe-phone.  See, back in the 1960s, mobile phones were such a ridiculous idea only fictional spies of international intrigue had them...and parodies of said spies, as in Maxwell Smart's case.

Ah, thanks Max. I've never seen the show myself, so didn't understand. I still reckon he does look like a young GWB though...

Written By: Paul on 03/07/05 at 7:04 am

...really is shy...

Look! He's hiding under the table...!!

Written By: goodsin on 03/07/05 at 7:41 am

..smells. I've just visited the smoking room at work- so smoky I didn't bother having a cigarette, just used a straw...

Written By: bj26 on 03/07/05 at 9:03 am

.....must go Commando ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/07/05 at 9:07 am

WOW! Is he looking down my top?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/05 at 9:28 am

I didn't realize she was so short. And she talks WAY too much.

Cat

Written By: Leo Jay on 03/07/05 at 12:34 pm

...doesn't look ANYTHING like Johnny Hartman!

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/07/05 at 12:46 pm

is REALLY young and scraggly looking!

Written By: Howard on 03/07/05 at 5:11 pm

has a love of the oldies music ;D

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/07/05 at 5:13 pm

Ought to comb his hair

Written By: jackas on 03/07/05 at 5:46 pm

..smells. I've just visited the smoking room at work- so smoky I didn't bother having a cigarette, just used a straw...

LOL, that's too funny.

Written By: jackas on 03/07/05 at 5:51 pm

She is really stuck up! ::)

Everyone thinks that when they first meet me, I'm just an introvert. :)

Written By: Apricot on 03/07/05 at 6:05 pm

Ought NOT to comb his hair so much.

Written By: Bobby on 03/07/05 at 6:22 pm

LOL!!!!  ;D

. . . he is a great bloke - hopefully.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/07/05 at 6:24 pm

eye candy

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 03/07/05 at 6:26 pm

eye candy

Ha ha! Good one, Howard.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/07/05 at 6:27 pm

Ha ha! Good one, Howard.  ;D

Thanks. ;D

Written By: jiminy on 03/07/05 at 7:14 pm

if not, the mirrors on his shoes  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/07/05 at 8:14 pm

is the total package, brains, beauty, and body!

Tanya

Written By: jaytee on 03/07/05 at 8:50 pm

...she really ISN'T a b!tch ;D

I've never thought of you as being one  :)

Written By: Sweetheart4JTE on 03/08/05 at 3:30 am

WOW! she is sure short and hard on the ears!!

http://www.geocities.com/jtecollection/Joe_12.jpg

But my passion it won't slip away...Oh I'm not going crazy...

Written By: karen on 03/08/05 at 7:37 am

she really needs to lose a little weight

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/08/05 at 10:45 am

...really is shy...

I'm quite shy myself!

Written By: jackas on 03/08/05 at 5:56 pm

believe it or not, I am too.  If someone talks to me, I'll respond, but to make the first move and talk to someone I don't even know scares the bejeezus out of me, which is why people usually think I'm a b!tch. :P

That sounds similar to me.  I don't think of myself as shy and I'm not scared to talk to new people, I'm just uncomfortable with small talk.  I usually sit back and watch a group of people talk before I decide who I'm comfortable talking to.  Have you ever read about introversion and extroversion?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/08/05 at 6:08 pm

believe it or not, I am too.  If someone talks to me, I'll respond, but to make the first move and talk to someone I don't even know scares the bejeezus out of me, which is why people usually think I'm a b!tch. :P

I don't see you as a b!tch :)  Maybe a bit angry sometimes but you have good reasons to be :)

-DR :)

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/08/05 at 6:10 pm

...a finely tuned nut

Written By: Howard on 03/08/05 at 6:24 pm

has a love for wrestling ;D

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 03/08/05 at 7:09 pm

.. is a Stallion!!!!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 03/08/05 at 7:19 pm

.. is a Stallion!!!!  ;D

You're a horse !?!  :o

Forget Mr Edd the talking horse, we've got Mr Apricot the typing horse.  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 03/08/05 at 7:34 pm

;D Clever....

It's a song reference, for serious, though. I'm also using Stallion because I like the word, and Stallions are associated with being beautiful, powerful, unique animals. But you knew that.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/08/05 at 10:57 pm

not angry, just I'm always right ;) :D :D :D

:)

Written By: Tam on 03/08/05 at 10:58 pm

... she really is weird!  :D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/08/05 at 11:02 pm

does smile a lot  :)

Written By: Miss Tainted on 03/08/05 at 11:31 pm

They would say...WOW! she's really shy, weird, boring, and anti-social.  :)

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 12:44 am

Yeah, we studied it a bit in my Psych class last semester...I was about smack dab in the middle on the chart, with just a slight lean towards introversion ;)

Could be why you're uncomfortable talking to complete strangers.  I am very intoverted, makes life a little hard at times. ::)

Written By: goodsin on 03/09/05 at 1:14 am

I am very intoverted, makes life a little hard at times. ::)

I'm the same, it is hard sometimes. Yesterday, my boss at work was going round, trying to get volunteers to sing for charity in front of the department. Even though the audience would be people I know well, I still hid under my desk when she approached! As it turns out, most people were reluctant to volunteer, but whether this was due to introversion or a genuine lack of singing ability, I don't know. It turned out that the only people who did volunteer were known extroverts, who were willing to do it regardless of their perception of their own ability. Oh, to have such confidence!

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 1:22 am

I'm the same, it is hard sometimes. Yesterday, my boss at work was going round, trying to get volunteers to sing for charity in front of the department. Even though the audience would be people I know well, I still hid under my desk when she approached! As it turns out, most people were reluctant to volunteer, but whether this was due to introversion or a genuine lack of singing ability, I don't know. It turned out that the only people who did volunteer were known extroverts, who were willing to do it regardless of their perception of their own ability. Oh, to have such confidence!

Oooh, I know what you mean.  I was in the Air Force and they have award ceremonies and they make you get up in front of the whole squadron or the whole base.  I would be so nervous I would be shaking.  I just can't stand to have everyones attention all at once, and recognition embarrasses me.

Written By: Robbo on 03/09/05 at 1:23 am

Wow, he really is weird, eccentric, stylish, queer?, on drugs?
I always wear a fedora. Normally I wear eyeliner and sometimes I wear glitter on my face. I normally go for V-neck shirts. I wear long trousers and take the hem up so they are more like 3/4-full length pants. Sometimes I wear chains and charms. I like wearing contrasting colors. So if my shirt is white, by pants are black. If my shoes are brown, my socks are a very pale yellow. Armbands are a thinf for me aswell, but I don't wear them for fashion, I wear them for religious/beliefs purposes. The reason people might think I'm queer is because I'ma guy you wears eyeliner and glitter. I'm not really queer, I go for girls. The reason people might think I'm on drugs is because of the way I look. For some reason my eyes alwasy look like I've been sniffin some crazy stuff, but I don't take drugs, and I never have.

Written By: Bobby on 03/09/05 at 6:23 am

;D Clever....

It's a song reference, for serious, though. I'm also using Stallion because I like the word, and Stallions are associated with being beautiful, powerful, unique animals. But you knew that.

Heh heh. I try to be.  ;)

I see. As crazymom pointed out, stallions are famous for other things too.  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 7:06 am

Now, see, what's really odd is that I had no problems doing plays & musicals in high school or cheering...even at Nationals.  It's the one-on-one stuff that gets me...

I know what you mean there.. I have played in front of 100's of people before over 2000 once.

Yet i don't say more than 2 words to most people unless i really get on with them. Even people i have known for a while, i will just answer there questions, i wont produce conversation.

Written By: jaytee on 03/09/05 at 7:16 am

Sometimes I think that confidence can be a learned behaviour.  At my kids school from year 1 they have school assemblies and each class has to do something.  They sing, act, play musical instruments, recite poetry -act as orators etc.  The first year my terribly shy eldest daughter would be practically vomitting on the days that her class was to lead the school assembly.  With encouragement from me, the teacher, the principal and friends, she eventually worked up the courage by the end of year 1 to be a "reporter" and pretend she was interviewing someone.  I told her pre-school teacher who was gob-smacked that Elizabeth at 6 years of age got up in front of the whole school and did it!  Over the years she has become more and more confident.  She never shirks when asked to do a reading in church (the thought of it still makes be break out in a cold sweat!)  One day our Parish Priest asked her if she would sing all the responses during the Mass which she did.
She is still basically a shy girl but she does possess a quiet kind of confidence.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 7:32 am

has nice hair

Erin :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/09/05 at 7:33 am

If they met me I suspect they would say something like:

"Oh gees, I was right after all"  :(

;D

Written By: goodsin on 03/09/05 at 7:37 am

Now, see, what's really odd is that I had no problems doing plays & musicals in high school or cheering...even at Nationals.  It's the one-on-one stuff that gets me...

Again, I'm the same. I even used to do Amateur Dramatics as a teenager (I made a great god Apollo!), but it seems as I get older, I feel less comfortable in unknown social situations. I'm alright if I have to meet new people whom I can spend some time getting to know & vice versa, but even silly little things like having a conversation with a stranger in our smoking room induces hot flushes & sweaty palms in me...we've had lots of training courses at work recently, where we're mixed in with people from other area of the company, hell!

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 8:26 am

That could be that you are not acting as yourself in those situations.  You have a routine or an act, it's nothing personal.  I used to do briefings with 15-30 people.  The briefing would be the same information each time, twice a week.  It didn't make me nervous because I knew exactally what I needed to say. The weird thing is that I have an easier time talking to a room full of people I don't know than a room full of my peers.

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 8:41 am

Again, I'm the same. I even used to do Amateur Dramatics as a teenager (I made a great god Apollo!), but it seems as I get older, I feel less comfortable in unknown social situations. I'm alright if I have to meet new people whom I can spend some time getting to know & vice versa, but even silly little things like having a conversation with a stranger in our smoking room induces hot flushes & sweaty palms in me...we've had lots of training courses at work recently, where we're mixed in with people from other area of the company, hell!

Oh, don't you hate it in class when the teacher says to get in groups. :o :o  Help me!  That was the worst, I would be like, "Oh crap, who am I supposed to sit with.  I don't know any of these people."

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 8:43 am

Oh, don't you hate it in class when the teacher says to get in groups. :o :o  Help me!  That was the worst, I would be like, "Oh crap, who am I supposed to sit with.  I don't know any of these people."

Not as bad as..

"Right these are your groups."

yada yada yada..

"Err sir, who am i with?"

so and so.. so and so and so and so..

"and sir..."

Yes..

"who are they?"

LOL I had no idea, needless to say there was a lot of hostility in that group.

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 8:45 am

Not as bad as..

"Right these are your groups."

yada yada yada..

"Err sir, who am i with?"

so and so.. so and so and so and so..

"and sir..."

Yes..

"who are they?"

LOL I had no idea, needless to say there was a lot of hostility in that group.

Yeah, I could see how that would be uncomfortable. ;D

Written By: jaytee on 03/09/05 at 8:54 am

If they met me I suspect they would say something like:

"Oh gees, I was right after all"  :(

;D

Have you ever watched "The Office"?  For some reason every time I see Tim I always think that's what you would be like 8)

So I would  say "Oh gees, I was right after all... he really is a nice guy" (and besides PT has already told me that you are!  ;)

Written By: karen on 03/09/05 at 9:03 am

One of the things that made me leave school early

Written By: Howard on 03/09/05 at 5:57 pm

has a way with the ladies ;)

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 5:58 pm

has a way with the ladies ;)

Well thank you Howard, but we were talking about you  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/09/05 at 5:59 pm

Well thank you Howard, but we were talking about you  ;D

that's just what I meant.. I have a way with the ladies ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/09/05 at 6:02 pm

a way of what ??? ;)

looks like garbage when she's got a headache :(

talking dirty to them ;D

Howard

Written By: jaytee on 03/09/05 at 9:02 pm

talking dirty to them ;D
Howard

::) 

Written By: Howard on 03/10/05 at 2:27 pm

strange ;D

Howard

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/10/05 at 3:55 pm

Probably several things - I admit, some stuff about me would fit my character, while others may not.

I'm right there with all of ya who have mentioned being shy in groups, etc. More often than not, I'm very social and friendly on the computer, but that's cause (a) you can edit what you say, and (b) there's always some "common ground" to talk about -- like a topic here, for instance. Unlike in real life, where you have to sometimes scramble for something to talk about and all.

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/10/05 at 3:58 pm

WOW! he should take those headphones out

Written By: jackas on 03/10/05 at 4:10 pm

Probably several things - I admit, some stuff about me would fit my character, while others may not.

I'm right there with all of ya who have mentioned being shy in groups, etc. More often than not, I'm very social and friendly on the computer, but that's cause (a) you can edit what you say, and (b) there's always some "common ground" to talk about -- like a topic here, for instance. Unlike in real life, where you have to sometimes scramble for something to talk about and all.

Yeah, you can choose who you want to talk to and what topic you want to talk about and at what pace you want to answer.

Check for new replies or respond here...