inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Where and Why?

Written By: Sweetheart4JTE on 03/08/05 at 3:25 am

Okay if you had a chance to go back in time..where would you want to go and why? I've got an answer...but I am curious to see what people will say about if they could go back in time and why. ;)

http://www.geocities.com/jtecollection/Joe_12.jpg

But my passion it won't slip away...Oh I'm not going crazy...

Subject: Re: Where and Why?

Written By: Robbo on 03/08/05 at 5:15 am

Okay, I am a close friend to Michael Jackson, so if it was me, I'd want to go back to about 1985 and convince Michael to - 1) stay away from little boys  2) don't get anymore plastic surgery - because these two things ruined Michael's career more then anything, and it really hurts me to knwo this. He regrets it, and I know if he could travel back in time he'd change it too.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/08/05 at 11:42 am

I am not going to the prehistoric times..... why? Dinosaurs!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/08/05 at 1:35 pm

i want to witness the crucifixtion and ressurection of christ. i want to see if it was truly real.

Written By: Apricot on 03/08/05 at 3:04 pm

Good one, sputnikcorp. I'd go with that too, now that you bring it up.

Sadly, most people will just say, "THE 80zzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!"

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/08/05 at 3:18 pm

Good one, sputnikcorp. I'd go with that too, now that you bring it up.

Sadly, most people will just say, "THE 80zzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!"

Really I thought people would want to go to the 60s when everybody was doing drugs.

YEAH DRUGS

Written By: Apricot on 03/08/05 at 3:39 pm

YEAH! Drugs! Hold on, I gotta go get Snuffy.  ;D

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/08/05 at 3:45 pm

I'd go back to the 1920s and 1930s, perhaps some wild place like Kansas city. Why? That era was so free and open, very individualistic. Certain cities in the country had a somewhat lawless 'wild west' feeling, but it was modern because you had cars, paved streets etc.

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/08/05 at 4:53 pm

I wanna go back to 1996 so I can kick my 17 year old self in the butt.  WHY? That was the year that I discovered cigarettes >:(

Written By: Howard on 03/08/05 at 5:10 pm

YEAH! Drugs! Hold on, I gotta go get Snuffy.  ;D

http://woolly-mammoth.net/snuffy.gif

;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/08/05 at 5:13 pm

If I could go back to October 19th,2001 and change the way I felt about my ex-girlfriend,I would've still been with her today 8 years :(

and also a few months ago,If I hadn't said anything to Robin about my health and financial status,this crap wouldn't have started. >:(

Howard

Written By: Kyle on 03/08/05 at 6:12 pm

I think I'll go back to 1999, convince my old friend Carly from not moving away, and we'll be friends forever!! :\'(  Something that is a lot different from  ---  THE 80z -- YEEEEEEEEAAAAH!!!!!!

;D

Written By: Apricot on 03/08/05 at 6:17 pm

Good one, Howard! But I meant my drug-dependent friend and fellow Poster, Snuff. We call him Snuffy to annoy him!  ;D

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 1:32 am

I am not going to the prehistoric times..... why? Dinosaurs!

No Land Of The Lost for you?

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 1:45 am

I think I would go back to the 50s.  Mostly because it seemed so innocent and the music was fun.

Written By: goodsin on 03/09/05 at 5:17 am

I wouldn't mind going back to Roman times, and being Caligula. That guy was fried!

I'd also like to go back to Ancient Egypt, at the time of the pharoahs. It's always been an era I'm interested in.

I'd also like to go back to when Avebury (ceremonial fertility stone circle) was a major place of pagan/ druid worship, just to see what the festivities were like then.

I'd also like to go to pre-Cortez Mexico, to witness the splendour of the Aztec/ Maya civilisations.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/09/05 at 6:36 am

I'd go back to about 1860, but just for a day or two to talk to my great great grands.  A couple were slaves, some Hudson River boatmen, some farmers.  I've done a bit of the ancestry thing and would like to clear up a few questions, and see what their lives were like, but get me home on the next dimensional plane.  I really wouldn't want to live there. ;)

Written By: goodsin on 03/09/05 at 8:26 am

I'd like to visit Atlantis, if it existed, just to find out if all the citizens had webbed feet like Patrick Duffy!

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 8:32 am

June 6th 1944.

The French Beaches of Normandy.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/09/05 at 12:29 pm

That's gotta be the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Why don't you keep your mouth shut about things you don't know, huh? You don't know anything about Michael, or what kind of person he is. What's his favourite food? Color? Song? Movie? Actor? Musician? Book? Artwork? You know nothing about Michael, except for what the tabloids print. The tabloids are always wrong, and I have no idea why people believe that crap. Do yourselves a favour and read something more factual, like Mad Magazine!
The FACT is that Jacko is a child molester. Period. And this has been in LEGIT newspapers as well as the tabloids. Why do you think there are CRIMINAL charges against him?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/09/05 at 12:50 pm

June 6th 1944.

The French Beaches of Normandy.

My Dad was there.  Have you ever talked to someone who was? There are still some around.  Why would you want to?

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 12:53 pm

My Dad was there.  Have you ever talked to someone who was? There are still some around.  Why would you want to?

Yeah i have talked to many people that were there.

It was the greatest single day in the History of Britain, Europe and some may argue the world. The day we took the fight to the Nazi's and really began the push

Written By: danootaandme on 03/09/05 at 12:56 pm

Yes, but it was a horror.  I have done some reading on the civil war and world war I and find it real interesting, but the last place I would want to be is Gettysburg or the Somme.  Are you into World War II?

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 12:59 pm

Yeah i find it interesting. I am fairly well read on most of the key events and some of the less key events.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/09/05 at 1:07 pm

Yeah i find it interesting. I am fairly well read on most of the key events and some of the less key events.

I know less about WWII than the civil war and WWI, funny that, but being a child of someone who fought in WWII is was something that wasn't much talked about.  I actuallyfind the social repercussions after the ends of these wars interesting.  Reconstruction, and post reconstruction in relation to African Americans, and the Labor movement after WWI are very interesting.  Would like to chat more but gotta go get my son now.

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 1:10 pm

I know less about WWII than the civil war and WWI, funny that, but being a child of someone who fought in WWII is was something that wasn't much talked about.  I actuallyfind the social repercussions after the ends of these wars interesting.  Reconstruction, and post reconstruction in relation to African Americans, and the Labor movement after WWI are very interesting.  Would like to chat more but gotta go get my son now.

Ok then, Yes the great war had great social reprecussions, IMO that is why women were given the right to vote, although obviously it was one of several factors.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/09/05 at 1:46 pm

Ok then, Yes the great war had great social reprecussions, IMO that is why women were given the right to vote, although obviously it was one of several factors.

(I'm back) WWII had its serious repercussions.  Growing up in the fifties, when we were taught about the
war we were never taught that the Russians were our allies, and the Italians weren't.  There was also the heavy fisted anti-communism that came to a head with the McCarthy hearings and the House on Un-American Activities(which was in itself un-american).  It also was a time when veterans were afforded benefits in housing and education that were unheard of a generation before.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 03/09/05 at 1:50 pm

The 80's because I was happy back then.

Written By: AL-B on 03/09/05 at 1:54 pm

I'd go to Swinging London around 1965-66 and see bands like the Who, the Yardbirds, and Eric Clapton, when they were in their early 20's and right when they were just beginning to get huge.

Written By: Robbo on 03/09/05 at 4:13 pm

The FACT is that Jacko is a child molester. Period. And this has been in LEGIT newspapers as well as the tabloids. Why do you think there are CRIMINAL charges against him?

AGAIN I say, keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about!! Being charged with a crime doesn't mean your guilty. Everyone in American deserves a fair trial. Did you know that the Santa Barbara Police Department went forward and arrested Michael on no evidence at all. Still to this day they have no evidence, except for adult magazines. None of the boy's DNA was found at Neverland.
The trial is finally underway and by the look of things, T Mez will have the jury eating out of his hand by the time he gets to present his case. It's unbelievable that T Mez is allready kickin @$$, and he hasn't even presented his case yet!! His been ripping the prosecutions case apart!! Just think what it'd be like when T Mez does present his case. Don't be surprised if this thing is over in a couple of weeks.
Btw, in what LEGIT newspaper did you read "Michael Jackson is a chid molester"? If a newspaper or tabloid printed this, they'd be sued big time and probably be in jail. 

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 5:06 pm

Just as YOU believe he's innocent, Tony has a right to believe he's not

As does every other sane human in the world

Written By: Howard on 03/09/05 at 5:08 pm

I'd go back to the disco era of the 1970's.It was just a fun and exciting time :)

Howard

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 5:43 pm

As does every other sane human in the world

You took the words right out of my mouth. :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 5:45 pm

You took the words right out of my mouth. :)

That's gotta hurt.

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 5:51 pm

That's gotta hurt.

;D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/05 at 8:20 pm

Knowing what I know now, I would go back about 10 years and make a couple of different choices.

Written By: Robbo on 03/10/05 at 1:08 am

ummmm....you can't go to jail for libel/slander ::)  And what "legit" newspaper did you read that he's not?  Just as YOU believe he's innocent, Tony has a right to believe he's not

You can go to jail for conspiracy. What Diane Dimond is involved in, is way more then libel/slander. The Queen of Tabloids is goin down ;D!!!
I never, ever said I read he's not guilty in a legit newspaper. Don't put words in my mouth!
I don't believe he's innocent, I know he's innocent. I actually do know for a fact that Michael is innocent. Michael looked me in the eyes and said, "I never did any such thing, you know I wouldn't do a thing like that." I know he was with Christ Tucker, not ever at Neverland, when the boy alleged he was molested. However, I didn't witness Michael leaving Neverland and arriving at Tucker's house and then spending up to 4-5 hours working on Rush Hour 3 (which Michael will co -star along with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker). So I can't be used as a witness. But I now it happened.

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/10/05 at 4:38 am

I know he's innocent. I actually do know for a fact that Michael is innocent. Michael looked me in the eyes and said, "I never did any such thing, you know I wouldn't do a thing like that."

Hey Robbo, I AM THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!!! It's true, it's true, I SAID IT DAMMIT!!!

I know he was with Christ Tucker

Oh, apparently my position has been taken  ;D

Written By: Robbo on 03/10/05 at 6:30 am

Hey Robbo, I AM THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!!! It's true, it's true, I SAID IT darnit!!!

Nah man, you wont know what it's like until you see them eyes staring in the yours... tears weeling up... and saying, "I DID NOT DO IT!" I have faith in Michael. James Brown has faith in Michael, Stevie Wonder has faith in Michael, Jim Carrey has faith in Michael, Van Deisel has faith in Michael, Elizabeth Taylor has faith in Michael, Rick James had faith in Michael (God rest his superfreaky soul).

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/10/05 at 6:43 am

Nah man, you wont know what it's like until you see them eyes staring in the yours... tears weeling up... and saying, "I DID NOT DO IT!" I have faith in Michael. James Brown has faith in Michael, Stevie Wonder has faith in Michael, Jim Carrey has faith in Michael, Van Deisel has faith in Michael, Elizabeth Taylor has faith in Michael, Rick James had faith in Michael (God rest his superfreaky soul).

If you want my 100% godhonest answer i don't think He was going out of his way to hurt anybody, that being said, i would tend to belive he is a slighty 'different' shall we say, kinda guy, with slightly 'differen't tastes.

If at the end of the trial, they say "He did nothing wrong, he is innocent." I'll say, fair enough, leave the bloke alone now. Let him make some more music.

Written By: joedeertae on 03/10/05 at 7:18 am

To Alpine Valley, Wisconsin on August 26, 1990 just for a few minuts to tell Stevie Ray Vaughan not to get on that helicopter.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/10/05 at 2:20 pm

I'd go back to 1974,the year I was born

Howard

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/10/05 at 7:17 pm

November 2002...the last (NASCAR) Winston Cup race of the season...Homestead-Miami Speedway....Tony Stewart parading the #20 Home Depot Pontiac around the track when he took the 2002 Winston Cup...his first NASCAR championship...and them seeing him hoist the trophy high above his head....seeing that race,that particular moment,on TV actually gave me goosebumps...

Written By: Miss Tainted on 03/10/05 at 8:54 pm

I think I would want to go back to the Victorian era just because everything looked so beautiful and elegant back then.... I don't think they got to take baths very often though ??? Oh well.... I wish I was a vampire

Check for new replies or respond here...