inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will soul music comeback?

Written By: Robbo on 03/09/05 at 12:40 am

I'm asking this for one reason and one reason only. We all know Michael Jackson is on trial at the moment. It is clear that he will be aquitted, so when he is aquitted (June, July), I heard through the grap vine that he is planning a world tour with his brothers. What I didn't know, until recently speaking to Raymone Bain, is that James Brown wants to tour with him. His dream is for him and Michael Jackson to tour around Asia for Tsunami relief. James Brown is in Asia at the moment doing a few shows, and at his last show, he said that Michael Jackson should be here now, instead of over in California, fighting false charges. James Brown said he wants to work with Michael is the studio, and really wants to make him big again, because one day, James Brown will be too old to perform, and he said that he wants Michael to take over for him and keep real music alive.
About 6 months ago, Raymone told me that Stevie Wonder wanted to work with Michael as well. She also said recently that his people have been contacting Prince, and they really want the long-awaited Prince/Michael Jackson collaboration to happen.
I recently brought to Raymone's attention, my idea for Michael's recording future. I thought it be awesome if Michael, Stevie Wonder, James Brown and Prince all got together and created new music. Raymone really, really liked this idea and is currently working onn it and will bring it to Michael's attention when she works out all the details, and talks to Stevie Wonder, Prince and James Brown.
She gave me a call yesterday and said she had furthered my idea and this is what she had come up with...
In 2006, the new Michael Jackson album is anticipated to come out. This is the album taht she wants Wonder, Brown and Prince to work on. It'll be titled as a Michael Jackson album, but most, if not all tracks will be co-written by soul greats like Brown, Wonder and Prince. She anticipated that Stevie Wonder and James Brown wont perform on the album, they will only help pen some songs. Prince, however is anticipated to do a duet with Michael, in a song written by both Prince and Michael. She also wants Michael good friend, Barry Gibb, to help write some songs and provide back-up vocals. Of course, not all these artists will come together to write the same songs. One song might be written by Michael and Barry Gibb, another by Michael and Stevie Wonder, another by Michael and James Brown, another by Michael and Prince and then probably one song by each of these songwriters individually, and one song by everyone. There's also a song which the Jackson's are working on, which she thinks shoudl be on the album. She e-mailed me this, an anticipated soundtrack...

1. (Untitled) written by Michael Jackson, Barry Gibb, Stevie Wonder and James Brown
2. (Untitled) written by Stevie Wonder
3. Seduction written by Michael Jackson
4. (Untitled) written by Michael Jackson and James Brown
5. (Untitled) duet between Michael Jackson and Prince
6. The Pain written by Michael Jackson
7. Pressure written by Michael Jackson
8. (Untitled) written by James Brown
9. (Untitled) written by Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder
10. (Untitled) written by Barry Gibb
11. Escape written by Michael Jackson
12. (Untitled) written by Michael Jackson and Barry Gibb
13. (Untitled) performed by The Jacksons, written by Michael and Randy Jackson

That's the anticiapted tracklist. Looks pretty promising, doesn't it?

Now if this album is completed and released, then it'd be a huge hit, just because all these soul greats have worked on it. If it turns out to be a really good album of soul tracks, then what impact do you think it'd have on music? Will it promoted sould music? Will more artists start making soul music? What are your thoughts?   

Subject: Re: Will soul music comeback?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/09/05 at 6:27 am

What has all this got to do with soul music?  These musicians are not considered soul, except maybe James Brown.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/09/05 at 8:11 am

we all know micheal jackson has no soul. why tarnish that genre of music with the likes of him.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/09/05 at 10:43 am

I don't understand what you are trying to say. I agree with Danoota. This hasn't anything to do with soul music at all, except for James Brown.

Tanya

Written By: Robbo on 03/10/05 at 12:59 am

They are trying to bring sould back, this group of artists. They are out to make a soul/funk album.

Written By: Robbo on 03/10/05 at 1:00 am

we all know micheal jackson has no soul. why tarnish that genre of music with the likes of him.

Why tarnish the human race with the likes of you.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/10/05 at 7:24 am

Why tarnish the human race with the likes of you.

because the human race needs the likes of me to expose the fallacy's of idol worshippers like yourself. you sir are nothing but an obsequious ass-kissing sycophant to the human freak show known as MJ.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/10/05 at 7:36 am

Can we get back on topic, you both can take the name calling somewhere else

Check for new replies or respond here...