inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: are any other Brits doing anything for Comic Relief?

Written By: karen on 03/10/05 at 10:11 am

Both my children are having a 'wear red' day for a donation to the charity.  I also bought some red hair spray which my daughter is keen on using but my son isn't sure. 

No doubt my daughter will be hassling me into giving her some money to buy some biscuits (note she ate the special Mother's Day ones the school were selling).  I think the school are having a bring and buy as well.  I'll try and make that a bring and don't buy personally!

At work we are filling in one of the sitcom sweepstake posters organised by McCain.  Several of us are also doing the wear red thing as well.

Is anyone planning anything more spectacular to raise money?

Subject: Re: are any other Brits doing anything for Comic Relief?

Written By: Bobby on 03/10/05 at 5:53 pm

At our work we have a few things going on, Karen. There is a pie-eating contest, how fast can you drink water, computer dance mats and various things happening. Our group has a fancy dress theme (Fairies and Pixies of all things  ::)). I wanted to dress up but gave up on the idea because they didn't give us enough time to get things.  ::)

Written By: karen on 03/11/05 at 9:35 am

I ended up with face paint as well.  The children decided they could do it nicely.  So far two people have asked me if I've been in an accident!

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/11/05 at 9:54 am

There is a pie-eating contest

Sign Me Up

how fast can you drink water

Get me a pint and i'll take part.

Written By: karen on 03/11/05 at 10:26 am

someone was on the local radio this morning announcing they were doing a Cadbury's Creme Egg eating competition.

Check for new replies or respond here...