inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favourite music genre

Written By: Robbo on 03/11/05 at 7:49 am

I'd say Modern R&B. I do like Puck pop a bit, but lately there' too much of it, and the way the lead singer always singers, and the distortion in the guitars, annoy's me.
I hate mainstream rap. Why the hell are these people at #1 or even in the top 40?
I dislike mainstream pop, but prefer it to mainstream rap. But mainstream pop still suck big time!

Reminder: The question is mainstream music genre, so don't say "Underground hip hop" or "indepentent rock" becuase that's nto mainstream.

Subject: Re: Favourite music genre

Written By: Stompgal on 03/11/05 at 11:43 am

Mainstram pop mostly, but I do like a bit of rock (Commercial), urban and dance.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/05 at 2:36 pm

Other(The Old School)

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/11/05 at 3:09 pm

Mainstream R&B

Tanya

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/11/05 at 3:12 pm

Well.. i'm not really in to anything reeeeally mainstream at the moment.. I guess Greenday, The Foo Fighters etc would come under Punk Pop.. i like them.

Some 'Nu Metal' is.. o..k ish.

I don't particularly care for most of it, but the odd bit here and there is acceptable.. that's fairly mainstream.

How would you classify bands like CKY?

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/11/05 at 3:34 pm

Other: (Britrock revival: Jet, The Vines)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 3:36 pm

Other: Numetal and Nuwave.

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 3:44 pm

Wow Robbo, you sure do only know whatever genres Viacom doles out.

Where is jazz? Classic rock? New wave? Reggae? Cumbia?

;).

My favorites: Classic rock, New wave, NUjazz, Traditional Jazz, Dixieland Jazz, Spanish pop, Flamenco, Cumbia, Golden oldies(basically classic pop from the 50s and 60s), blues, and REAL r and b(like the temptations, not that modern crap).

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/11/05 at 4:46 pm

Other - Alternative Rock (yes it's a relatively mainstream genre) Bands like Ash, Modest Mouse, The Killers, Preston School Of Industry, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters etc.

Aussie/Kiwi Rock - Jet, The Vines, The Datsuns, The D4, Steriogram, Shihad etc

Kiwi Reggae/Dub - Black Seeds, TrintyRoots, Salmonella Dub, Fat Freddys Drop etc (Stuff unheard of out of New Zealand)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/11/05 at 5:10 pm

Other - I don't have a favorite genre.  I like them all.

Written By: Bobby on 03/11/05 at 6:26 pm

My favorites: Classic rock, New wave, NUjazz, Traditional Jazz, Dixieland Jazz, Spanish pop, Flamenco, Cumbia, Golden oldies(basically classic pop from the 50s and 60s), blues, and REAL r and b(like the temptations, not that modern crap).

Classic Rock and New Wave are not to be messed with IMO. I love Dixieland Jazz, Piano Boogie woogie, 50s - 80s chart music, Doo wop and Ragtime too.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...