inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What should the new synthesized rock be called (Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Muse)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 3:57 pm

I say Nuwave and I'm trying to spread the term :) Pronounced (Nee-ooh-wav)

Subject: Re: What should the new synthesized rock be called (Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Mu

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/11/05 at 4:04 pm

Tain't really Nu Wave but i can see where your coming from, tis similar.

Can't really think of a name to be honest, It's Indie Ish.. Synth Indie? Sounds dumb.. meh

Subject: Re: What should the new synthesized rock be called (Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Mu

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 4:11 pm

Tain't really Nu Wave but i can see where your coming from, tis similar.

Can't really think of a name to be honest, It's Indie Ish.. Synth Indie? Sounds dumb.. meh

Well nothing after 1992 or so can really be New Wave.  It's definitely influenced by the stuff. 

And, since I know someone will point it out, I know this stuff been around 10+ years.  Its just gotten big in the past 1-2 yrs.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/11/05 at 5:03 pm

Indie-Pop (Is that possible?)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 5:07 pm

Indie-Pop (Is that possible?)

I guess so.

Subject: Re: What should the new synthesized rock be called (Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Muse)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/11/05 at 7:36 pm

Here today, Gone tomorrow should be their name.

Seriously, I doubt these bands will be on the tip of any one's tongue next year or the following year.

Tanya

Written By: AL-B on 03/11/05 at 9:10 pm

I say Nuwave and I'm trying to spread the term :) Pronounced (Nee-ooh-wav)
How about "neo-wave?"

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 11:22 pm

How about "neo-wave?"

Mark it done :)
Here today, Gone tomorrow should be their name.

Seriously, I doubt these bands will be on the tip of any one's tongue next year or the following year.

Tanya

What will come back?  Numetal?  I highly doubt it.  I think it'll only get bigger.

If you're thinking emo, I count that as pop not rock

-DR :)

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/11/05 at 11:41 pm

Mark it done :)
What will come back?  Numetal?  I highly doubt it.  I think it'll only get bigger.

If you're thinking emo, I count that as pop not rock

-DR :)

What do you think of crossfade?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 11:42 pm

What do you think of crossfade?

They're ok, haven't heard much.  They Neo-wave?

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/11/05 at 11:43 pm

They're ok, haven't heard much.  They Neo-wave?

Idk, I'm just kinda learning about them myself, the song "cold" sounds pretty good.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 11:45 pm

Idk, I'm just kinda learning about them myself, the song "cold" sounds pretty good.

I think I heard they were pretty lame.  You heard of TOOL?

Subject: Re: What should the new synthesized rock be called (Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Muse)

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/11/05 at 11:45 pm

Then there's this other band which I've heard a few songs from,my chemical romance, they seem very "punkish".

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/11/05 at 11:46 pm

I think I heard they were pretty lame.  You heard of TOOL?

No not really, what songs do they have?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 11:47 pm

No not really, what songs do they have?

"Sober", that "I know the pieces fit" song, among others.  A bit of an acquired taste.

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/11/05 at 11:48 pm

"Sober", that "I know the pieces fit" song, among others.  A bit of an acquired taste.

I'm gonna take a look at those.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 11:49 pm

I'm gonna take a look at those.

Cool :) 

Does anybody agree this will be the real 2000s rock genre?  Or 2010s?

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/11/05 at 11:52 pm

Cool :)   

Does anybody agree this will be the real 2000s rock genre?  Or 2010s?

What synthesized rock? Idk. I kinda just think of it all as rock. What is green day considered, are they like punk-rock?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 11:54 pm

What synthesized rock? Idk. I kinda just think of it all as rock. What is green day considered, are they like punk-rock?

Green Day?  They're partly punk, but they're more akin to 90s alternative than emo.  They sorta sound like late 70s-early 80s punk. 

Synthesized rock? I mean rock bands that use keyboards as a main element and dress like/cite influence from 80s new wave bands.  There's been quite a few lately.

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/12/05 at 12:01 am

Green Day?  They're partly punk, but they're more akin to 90s alternative than emo.   They sorta sound like late 70s-early 80s punk. 

Synthesized rock? I mean rock bands that use keyboards as a main element and dress like/cite influence from 80s new wave bands.  There's been quite a few lately.

I just dl'ed the tool songs, yea they're pretty good. I have to start listening to more music like this, lol. Right now I like Green Day, Modest Mouse, Franz Ferdinand, Killers, Crossfade, Good Charlotte in the rock genre. Lately I've started to get more into rock then I used to be.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 12:02 am

I just dl'ed the tool songs, yea they're pretty good. I have to start listening to more music like this, lol. Right now I like Green Day, Modest Mouse, Franz Ferdinand, Killers, Crossfade, Good Charlotte in the rock genre. Lately I've started to get more into rock then I used to be.

Sweet! :) 

-DR (Mike)  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...