inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When will "South Park" end?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 12:34 am

I say 2008.  I can see them doing a final episode then. 

Subject: Re: When will "South Park" end?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/12/05 at 4:05 am

It will never end!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/12/05 at 6:09 am

It will never end!

What he said ^^^

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/12/05 at 8:46 am

south park will never end!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/12/05 at 10:06 am

Written By: SeptGrl80 on 03/12/05 at 11:05 am

NEVER!

Written By: Apricot on 03/12/05 at 11:53 am

I'm really getting sick of it. And this one guy at school... holy sheesh, he never shuts the Hell up about it. And he only likes the immature parts. It can be a good show when it has a point {as it often does, just laced with the humor}, but otherwise I'm really getting sick of it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/12/05 at 12:48 pm

The way they trash all the "Garbage" in Hollyweird...I hope it NEVER ends!!

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/12/05 at 2:49 pm

I say 2008.  I can see them doing a final episode then. 

I would love to vote in this pole, but I can't because "South Park" will never end as long as life shall lead. It's a top show. It out smarts "The Simpsons" any day.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 03/12/05 at 4:40 pm

Never

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/12/05 at 4:46 pm

Normally, parks close at dusk and the gates are locked!

Written By: Howard on 03/12/05 at 4:46 pm

The way they trash all the "Garbage" in Hollyweird...I hope it NEVER ends!!

Is that supposed to be Michael Jackson? ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/12/05 at 4:47 pm

I don't think South park will ever end.It's a pretty funny show. ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/12/05 at 4:55 pm

Is that supposed to be Michael Jackson? ;D

Howard
Yes, but to keep everyone thrown off he called himself "Michael Jefferson" ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/12/05 at 4:59 pm

Yes, but to keep everyone thrown off he called himself "Michael Jefferson" ;)

Why Michael Jefferson? ;D

Howard

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 10:58 pm

I'm really getting sick of it. And this one guy at school... holy sh**, he never shuts the Hell up about it. And he only likes the immature parts. It can be a good show when it has a point {as it often does, just laced with the humor}, but otherwise I'm really getting sick of it.

I think once people my age turn 18 it will being to lose steam.  South Park calls out to the 1986-1992 born kids, when 1990ers are 18 they'll be less of a fanbase.  I'm really getting tired of it, "Beavis and Butthead" is much better.

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/13/05 at 12:23 am

Soon I hope, it's kinda boring now

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/13/05 at 1:30 am

It will end 2 years after Cartman jumps the shark.
;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/05 at 4:51 am

It will end 2 years after Cartman jumps the shark.
;)
It may end after we hear the final "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!"

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 12:00 pm

Why Michael Jefferson? ;D

Howard
I'm pretty sure it was so the Plastic real Michael "flit boy" Jackson wouldn't try and grab MORE money for his sick little pathetic life by suing South Park ::) Yes I'm posting the pic....again! I love it ;D

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 4:38 pm

I'm pretty sure it was so the Plastic real Michael "flit boy" Jackson wouldn't try and grab MORE money for his sick little pathetic life by suing South Park ::) Yes I'm posting the pic....again! I love it ;D

Sometimes he seems to know what he's doing is wrong.  Maybe he is a different type of psycho than the one he wants to be seen as. I don't think he's "Evil", but he is a creep I wish was locked away.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/13/05 at 5:14 pm

i remember that episode. the creators of south park came across as sympathetic to michael jackson.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 5:20 pm

i remember that episode. the creators of south park came across as sympathetic to michael jackson.

I feel sorry for Michael Jackson, because I don't think he really understands what he's doing is bad, if he is doing it.  If he's not doing it then I only feel more sorry for him.  I don't think he should run free, though.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 10:05 pm

Yes that's true...BUT I loved the way they showed him calling "Hollywood" and demanding his doctor help him put his face back together ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/14/05 at 2:04 am

I feel sorry for Michael Jackson, because I don't think he really understands what he's doing is bad, if he is doing it.  If he's not doing it then I only feel more sorry for him.  I don't think he should run free, though.

He can't be that out of his mind! Can he? You think?
I mean, you'd think the man who wrote Billie Jean would be just a little clued into consequences!
:o

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/14/05 at 5:14 pm

He can't be that out of his mind! Can he? You think?
I mean, you'd think the man who wrote Billie Jean would be just a little clued into consequences!
:o

He could.  After all Rain Man was a genius. 

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/14/05 at 8:25 pm

hopefully soon, that show sucks

~Beth

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/14/05 at 9:25 pm

hopefully soon, that show sucks

~Beth
I respect your opinion...but PLEASE tell me you don't like Flit Boy Jackson, Babs, Rosie O'Donnell and all the other Hollyweird guests they've featured ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/14/05 at 9:39 pm

I voted 2008.

Probably sometime between 2007-2010 though. I think, just like Beavis & Butthead was a product of the early 90's grunge generation -- with traces of the end of the 80's hair metal era as well as the very beginning of the "modern" late 90's rap culture -- South Park is a product of the Internet era of today. Since the world is pretty much the same as 1998/99 when it hit big, it will likely be around until the next wave of culture takes over.

Of course, there's always exceptions to this rule -- The Simpsons has transcended time. It's been on since 1989, and has almost become part of the culture itself. But I think it also has a broader "Middle America" appeal than South Park does or could.

I'm really getting sick of it. And this one guy at school... holy sh**, he never shuts the Hell up about it. And he only likes the immature parts. It can be a good show when it has a point {as it often does, just laced with the humor}, but otherwise I'm really getting sick of it.

I agree with this.

The immature parts are funny for awhile, but I'm surprised they've managed to stretch 6+ years out of the show with largely the same jokes. There has been the odd episode that I'll really like, such as the one about old people driving - and how dangerous they were, everyone in the town was trying to get their licences taken away, LOL.

But the "good" shows like that are few and far between.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/14/05 at 9:53 pm

I voted 2008.

Probably sometime between 2007-2010 though. I think, just like Beavis & Butthead was a product of the early 90's grunge generation -- with traces of the end of the 80's hair metal era as well as the very beginning of the "modern" late 90's rap culture -- South Park is a product of the Internet era of today. Since the world is pretty much the same as 1998/99 when it hit big, it will likely be around until the next wave of culture takes over.

Of course, there's always exceptions to this rule -- The Simpsons has transcended time. It's been on since 1989, and has almost become part of the culture itself. But I think it also has a broader "Middle America" appeal than South Park does or could.

I agree with this.

The immature parts are funny for awhile, but I'm surprised they've managed to stretch 6+ years out of the show with largely the same jokes. There has been the odd episode that I'll really like, such as the one about old people driving - and how dangerous they were, everyone in the town was trying to get their licences taken away, LOL.

But the "good" shows like that are few and far between.

I really feel split about South Park.  On one hand it's so damm funny and occasionally makes a good point (although, almost always they're so obnoxious in getting it across it's cancelled out).  But on the other had it can be really disgusting and disturbing.  These kids are like 8 but talk nonstop about sex, and Kenny is really just a one-trick pony puppet they use to put gore on the show every other episode.  I'm glad it had its time but they need to cancel it!

By 2008 the kids born in 1995 will be 13 so a new culture will being I predict.

Written By: Zakk Attakk 27 on 10/11/08 at 4:20 pm

>:(

southpark will never end unless the creators die or something, but the show is a big hit and my favorite show, it beats the simpsons out of the water, the simpsons suck

Written By: sonikuu on 10/11/08 at 4:40 pm

Gravedigging when the situation doesn't call for it = bad.

Written By: Dude111 on 10/25/08 at 10:46 pm

There is NOTHING WRONG with dates..... (When something was last replied to (You people need to get over that and worry about soemthing that really matters))

South Park is about the only CARTOON on today i somewhat like :)

Check for new replies or respond here...