inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is PETA too extreme in defending animal rights?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/13/05 at 4:32 am

PETA poll

Subject: Re: Is PETA too extreme in defending animal rights?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/13/05 at 4:39 am

PETA are really too extreme....look at the case where those hunters were killed by a PETA 'supporter'...

My state(New Jersey) has a problem with too many deer....they go into people's yards as well as farmlands and wreak havoc...as well as cause problems with motorists when they hit a deer on the highway...the deer are a HUGE problem on both the Garden State Parkway and the Atlantic City Expressway...

and the PETA nuts now say that keeping cats and dogs as pets is CRUELTY...I am NOT kidding..

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/13/05 at 10:35 am

PETA are a bunch of whiny idiots, that have nothing better to do. Thought I am NOT a conservative, PETA is one of the many liberal groups that makes me sick. PETA is way too extreme for my tastes, they are not really about animal rights, they just have a political agenda.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/13/05 at 11:44 am

I don't wear fur...but I also realize that SOME trappers do what they do to make a decent living...

PETA is even against people keeping land hermit crabs....I intend to start keeping those cool little creatures as pets again but this time with a proper setup which includes a separate molting tank....I now know that it ensures that the crabs survive their molts....

Written By: Ansky1213 on 03/13/05 at 12:40 pm

PETA = People for the Eating of Tasty Animals ?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 5:01 pm

Yes. And that's coming from a person who has huge support for animal rights and treatment.  Spilling blood on people with fur won't help animals, it will only p*ss people off.  While I agree with their message they shouldn't resort to doing arseaholic stuff too get it about.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/13/05 at 5:26 pm

Yes they are too extreme.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/13/05 at 5:42 pm

The reason deer go into peoples backyards is that we have taken up all their space by building houses and shopping centers and factories, leaving them with no place to go... i don't think that merits killing them... anyways...

I don't like to see animals tortured or made to suffer... hunting is ok with me but if youre going to shoot, make sure you kill them - don't just leave them lying in pain

putting make-up in animals eyes to see if it burns is wrong...

other than that, i'm not too opinionated on this topic...

Written By: GWBush2004 on 03/13/05 at 5:53 pm

PETA:

Pot
Envokes
Thoughtless
Actions

Written By: Dagwood on 03/13/05 at 6:57 pm

Yes. And that's coming from a person who has huge support for animal rights and treatment. Spilling blood on people with fur won't help animals, it will only p*ss people off. While I agree with their message they shouldn't resort to doing arseaholic stuff too get it about.

I think so, too.  They have also been known to sneak into mink farms and release all the animals.  Animals that have been raised by humans and don't know how to take care of themselves in the wild.  To me releasing them seems cruel.

(and I won't wear fur, either.  I think it is wrong)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 7:07 pm

I think so, too.  They have also been known to sneak into mink farms and release all the animals.  Animals that have been raised by humans and don't know how to take care of themselves in the wild.  To me releasing them seems cruel.

(and I won't wear fur, either.  I think it is wrong)

Yeah sometimes the PETA guys are bad to the animals too.  I agree with their concept, just not the way they do it.  I don't think their views are that extreme.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/14/05 at 2:16 am

PETA:

Pot
Envokes
Thoughtless
Actions

Maybe for you it does.
::)

Anyway, I think PETA are a bunch of confused teenagers out on a graffiti jag!

Written By: joedeertae on 03/14/05 at 10:14 am

Yes they are too extreme.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/14/05 at 10:38 am

Yes, they are too extreme! Funny how they don't act the same towards their fellow man/woman!

Tanya

Written By: Powerslave on 03/14/05 at 11:00 am

Isn't it PETA that preaches things like firebombing McDonalds restaurants while people are locked up inside? Isn't that terrorism, and if it is, why haven't they been stopped?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/14/05 at 11:49 am

Isn't it PETA that preaches things like firebombing McDonalds restaurants while people are locked up inside? Isn't that terrorism, and if it is, why haven't they been stopped?

they lack the ambition or the martyrs to do anything drastic. so i guess they fight the good fight by throwing red paint at elderly woman in fur coats and paying very attractive super models to pose nude, saying fur is murder.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/14/05 at 12:40 pm

No kidding.  Imagine what an uproar they'd cause if we went into the wild and started throwing paint on animals ;D

IMO, PETA are a bunch of hypocritical fanatics.  I was watching some footage awhile back and saw one lady wearing UGGs.  Many of them also had leather shoes/coats and their belts were probably leather as well.

Mod to add:  Look at pics of Pamela Anderson....in quite a few, you will see her wearing her "Fluff Momma" boots....made out of what else?  sheepskin ::)

I so agree. Most of the time their arguments are faulty. It's not good to wear fur, but, oh what the heck, let's wear leather!!!

Tanya

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/15/05 at 1:35 am

If PETA really cared about animals,they would not be so stupid as to say keeping dogs and/or cats-COMPANION ANIMALS-is cruelty!

I wonder what they think of service dogs,seeing-eye dogs,and pet-therapy dogs and cats....

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/15/05 at 3:57 pm

Althoough I am HIGHLY against the abuse of animals, I don't think it's right to throw red paint all over someone who's spent their hard earned(or sometimes inherited :P) dollars on a fur coat. I also think it's kinda sick to stand around holding up pictures of mutilated animals in broad daylight or physically/verbally attacking someone just because they use animals for medical research. I look at some of PETAS actions in the same way as I look at gay bashing, 9/11 attackers or the "war" that's being fought in IRAQ. Using violence to further your beliefs takes away from the higher cause, it's just WRONG.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/16/05 at 6:45 pm

Althoough I am HIGHLY against the abuse of animals, I don't think it's right to throw red paint all over someone who's spent their hard earned(or sometimes inherited :P) dollars on a fur coat. I also think it's kinda sick to stand around holding up pictures of mutilated animals in broad daylight or physically/verbally attacking someone just because they use animals for medical research. I look at some of PETAS actions in the same way as I look at gay bashing, 9/11 attackers or the "war" that's being fought in IRAQ. Using violence to further your beliefs takes away from the higher cause, it's just WRONG.

I don't think it's QUITE as bad as gay bashing, warmongering, or terrorsim, simply because at least they have a good cause the others lack.  But violence is NEVER the answer. Never!

Check for new replies or respond here...