inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rapper Lil' Bim convicted on multiple perjury charges

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/19/05 at 6:23 am

Rapstress Lil' Bim was recently convicted of multiple counts of perjury.  In the case, she and some of her posse were at the scene of a shooting.  She said to police that she "didn't notice" that her manager (who was one of the guys doing the shooting) was there.  ::)

Looks like Bim will have some time to write some more rap cr@p from the inside of a penitentary.  That will give her more "street cred".  ;D

Subject: Re: Rapper Lil' Bim convicted on multiple perjury charges

Written By: Bobby on 03/19/05 at 7:28 am

Who? Lol.  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/19/05 at 8:29 am

Never, ever, ever lie in Federal court. It'll make sure it has evidence against you. However, state court is another matter b/c they have a 50 - 50 chance of screwing up evidence anyway!  ;D

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/19/05 at 9:00 am

This news doesn't suprise me much ::)

Written By: FireBrand79 on 03/19/05 at 12:04 pm

It was sooo wrong that her"people" from Junior Mafia" testified against her and what not.Its not her fault they didn't continue with their game after Biggie died...It was wrong but i knew they was gonna find her guilty,you could just tell.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/19/05 at 1:20 pm

It was sooo wrong that her"people" from Junior Mafia" testified against her and what not.Its not her fault they didn't continue with their game after Biggie died...It was wrong but i knew they was gonna find her guilty,you could just tell.

Yeah those members of the "Junior Mafia" who ratted on Lil' Bim sold out to The Man.

What was wrong about her conviction?  She was at the site of s shooting and two of the shooters were her close business associates.  Then she told the cops that the guys were not there.  That's different from refusing to testify.  It's lying to the cops, a definite no-no.  Same thing that got Martha put in the slammer.  :-X

Those "Junior Mafia" guys are a joke.  Big and tough.  Then as soon as they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar, they sing like canaries.  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/19/05 at 2:35 pm

Yeah those members of the "Junior Mafia" who ratted on Lil' Bim sold out to The Man.

What was wrong about her conviction?  She was at the site of s shooting and two of the shooters were her close business associates.  Then she told the cops that the guys were not there.  That's different from refusing to testify.  It's lying to the cops, a definite no-no.  Same thing that got Martha put in the slammer.  :-X

Those "Junior Mafia" guys are a joke.  Big and tough.  Then as soon as they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar, they sing like canaries.  ;D
Sure enough, LyricBoy. I couldn't agree more....she lied and that is also a crime! I love when people who think they're above the law, get busted...like they're shocked that anyone could dare think they did anything wrong....morons ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/19/05 at 4:07 pm

I don't understand why these guys let themselves get caught up in this kind of stuff, as if they don't know they have big targets on their backs from being rappers.  Stupid.

Age-old problem, Brian.

You can take the rapper out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the rapper.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 03/19/05 at 8:08 pm

Little Bim? You mean Lil' Kim. ;D

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/19/05 at 9:08 pm

Age-old problem, Brian.

You can take the rapper out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the rapper.  :-\\

What do you mean by that?

Tanya

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/05 at 11:20 pm

A google search yielded no rap-related results for a "lil' bim."  I've heard of the hip-hop singer Lil' Kim, and the reggae singer Bim Sherman, though.
???

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/20/05 at 7:30 am

What do you mean by that?

Tanya

It means that these rappers sing about how hard it was growing up in the hood/ghetto and how society kept them down.

Now they are rich and famous, yet still behave like they were in the ghetto doing all the crazy stuff they rap about, like shooting each other and having no respect for women, etc.

Not the case with all rappers mind you, but with way too many of them.  The only person "keeping them down" is themselves.

Its just like these rock musicians who get rich and famous and then blow it all with drugs.  Some people just can't stand to be successful and law abiding.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/20/05 at 11:05 am

It means that these rappers sing about how hard it was growing up in the hood/ghetto and how society kept them down.

Now they are rich and famous, yet still behave like they were in the ghetto doing all the crazy stuff they rap about, like shooting each other and having no respect for women, etc.

Not the case with all rappers mind you, but with way too many of them.  The only person "keeping them down" is themselves.

Its just like these rock musicians who get rich and famous and then blow it all with drugs.  Some people just can't stand to be successful and law abiding.
True enough, LyricBoy. While I DO like SOME Rap, I'm not so blind that I don't realize that it's not just a Rap thing...Rockers make poor choices and set horrible examples as well. BTW, I'd chosen her name to be Lil' Dim! Makes more sense ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...