inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need your advice....

Written By: bj26 on 03/22/05 at 1:22 pm

My daughter is 15 and she waits til each Sunday when she can meet her boyfriend, 17, at Sunday school.  He's always snuggling her, holding hands, and she said he kissed her on the lips last Sunday. It's her first boyfriend, I guess.  Should I warn the boy not to go any further, or what should I do?

Subject: Re: Need your advice....

Written By: whitewolf on 03/22/05 at 1:31 pm

If that's the only place they meet, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, and you have to trust that you raised an intelligent young lady that is level-headed. It's a good sign that she can tell you about the kiss. Before you decide what to do, you have to ask yourself if she is the type that is easily swayed by others or does she make most of her choices based on how she thinks and feels.

good luck I have a 16 year old so I know how you feel

Written By: bj26 on 03/22/05 at 2:27 pm

If that's the only place they meet, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, and you have to trust that you raised an intelligent young lady that is level-headed. It's a good sign that she can tell you about the kiss. Before you decide what to do, you have to ask yourself if she is the type that is easily swayed by others or does she make most of her choices based on how she thinks and feels.

Thanks, that makes me feel better, I have a tendency to worry about things.

Written By: Apricot on 03/22/05 at 3:05 pm

I'm with whitewolf. That's good advice.

Written By: Kyle on 03/23/05 at 1:37 pm

My daughter is 15 and she waits til each Sunday when she can meet her boyfriend, 17, at Sunday school.  He's always snuggling her, holding hands, and she said he kissed her on the lips   :-* ;D last Sunday. It's her first boyfriend, I guess.  Should I warn the boy not to go any further, or what should I do?

:o

:o What!!!!! It looks like things are starting to get a little too ditty.  Lighten up a little bit; she's only 17.  If you really want to get real, try holding off all that mushy stuff until you're engaged.   ;)  OMG, you kissed her.  I heard of a couple in the 8th grade who are already holding hands , kissing....possibly having sex.   :P   :-X

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/05 at 1:50 pm

Yeah, what she said.

But, I would add that you might talk to her about "being prepared." Even though we would like to THINK that they are going to wait, many of them don't. So arming your daughter with the knowledge that she will need JUST IN CASE is a good thing to do. And hope that she will make the right decision. And whatever you do, make sure you keep the lines of communicate open and one way to do that is to be non-judgemental. But, I wouldn't confront the boy and maybe even befriend the boy. Good luck.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/23/05 at 2:12 pm

Yeah, what she said.

But, I would add that you might talk to her about "being prepared." Even though we would like to THINK that they are going to wait, many of them don't. So arming your daughter with the knowledge that she will need JUST IN CASE is a good thing to do. And hope that she will make the right decision. And whatever you do, make sure you keep the lines of communicate open and one way to do that is to be non-judgemental. But, I wouldn't confront the boy and maybe even befriend the boy. Good luck.

Cat
I'm agreeing with Cat and Lisa. I had 6 boys so I don't know much about daughters :-\\ Good luck though ;)

Written By: bj26 on 03/24/05 at 7:50 am

Thanks everyone for the advice, it's cheered me up!

Check for new replies or respond here...