inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Seinfeld"'s TV Father Barney Martin Dies at 82

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/24/05 at 5:28 pm

Let's hope they done come in threes this time. :\'(

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=496&e=2&u=/ap/20050324/ap_on_en_tv/obit_martin

Subject: Re: "Seinfeld"'s TV Father Barney Martin Dies at 82

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/05 at 5:49 pm

I read another article.  Seems that his cancer was aggravated by a fold-up bed that he slept on.

There was this metal bar in the middle that hurt his back.  ;D

RIP Barney!  You gave us all LOADS of laughs!  ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/24/05 at 6:02 pm

Sounds eerily similar to Christopher Reeve's death, only with paralysis instead of cancer. We'll miss both of them.
I read another article.  Seems that his cancer was aggravated by a fold-up bed that he slept on.

There was this metal bar in the middle that hurt his back.   ;D

RIP Barney!  You gave us all LOADS of laughs!   ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/25/05 at 6:16 am

I read another article. Seems that his cancer was aggravated by a fold-up bed that he slept on.

There was this metal bar in the middle that hurt his back. ;D

RIP Barney! You gave us all LOADS of laughs! ;)

Sounds eerily similar to Christopher Reeve's death, only with paralysis instead of cancer. We'll miss both of them.

Indy, my original post was a joke.  Based on the Seinfeld story line that whenever anybody visited Morty Seinfeld down at Del Boca Vista, they inevitably slept on that fold-up bed and woke up incapacitated.  ;D ;D

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/25/05 at 8:15 am

Ooops, sorry about that, LB. Yeah that was LOL. ;D

BTW, Christopher Reeve really did die from an infection resulting from a bedsore. :\'(

Indy, my original post was a joke.  Based on the Seinfeld story line that whenever anybody visited Morty Seinfeld down at Del Boca Vista, they inevitably slept on that fold-up bed and woke up incapacitated.   ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/25/05 at 2:09 pm

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050324/capt.la10603241955.obit_barney_martin_la106.jpg

I remember him.He was Jerry Seinfeld's father on one of the episodes.How about the time they all went to Florida and took Kramer with him? ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...