inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dominos Pizza "Sausage Guy" Is A SLOB!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 1:38 pm

The one with Mushroom guy, Pepperoni Guy and Sausage guy. Suasage guy is a total SLOB. He chews with his mouth wide open through the whole commercial...and he looks scummy. I wish they'd bring back "The Noid"  :)

http://www.x-entertainment.com/updates/pics/noid/7.jpg

Subject: Re: Ill Mannered Domino's Commercial

Written By: ADH13 on 03/27/05 at 3:26 pm

I think companies would do good by bringing back their old commercials..  I know I got excited when Toys R Us brought back their "I'm A Toys 'r' Us Kid" with E.T. a couple christmases ago...

And Oscar Mayer with their "My bologna has a first name" comeback...

I don't pay much attention to commercials these days, but when I hear a familiar jingle from an old commercial, it definitely gets my attention.  And the Noid would get my attention too!

Subject: Re: Dominos Pizza "Sausage Guy" Is A SLOB!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/27/05 at 5:43 pm

Come back, Noid!  :\'(

Written By: whitewolf on 03/27/05 at 6:15 pm

Actually I would like to see them use the bad andy, good pizza one again

Written By: Jessica on 03/27/05 at 7:53 pm

Remember the "Yo, Noid!" game for Nintendo? It was awesome. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 10:28 pm

Remember the "Yo, Noid!" game for Nintendo? It was awesome. :)
Yep! But don't you also get tired of seeing these commercials with bad manners :-\\

Written By: Tam on 03/27/05 at 10:52 pm

Here's what gets me....
Corporations are approving more and more commercials that appeal to the younger generation...
In turn the younger generation mimics the things they see... (movies, commercials and the like)
However, we cannot hold a corporation accountable for the actions of the younger generation because they are supposed to be taught right from wrong at home.... WHERE THEY ARE WATCHING TV!!!!!!
::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/27/05 at 11:03 pm

I am so totally for reviving the old commercials.....let's face it...nowadays more people are going back to their "roots" or so to speak.....tending to grasp onto their youth or younger days...in every aspect of their lives (their music preference, clothing styles, TV shows, topics of conversations..etc.).....There's just something about seeing that old commercial, tv show, movie, accessory, pair of shoes, book, or anything really that takes you back to a time that was memorable in our lives.....

a perfect example of this would be the cool crest commercials that they used to have with the Crest Team fighting the Cavity Creeps in the land of Toothopolis....I recently sent an email to the Crest company asking them if they had any old memorbilia (coloring book, book, stickers, etc)...of the Cavity Team....and unfortunately they didn't .....however, the person relayed the message to me that the creative team at Crest would toss up the idea of maybe someday bringing back the cavity creeps..etc......however, you know they would most definitely update them to the "look of today".

I think it would be awesome for a lot of the "classic" advertising heroes to make a comeback to tv commercials....it would bring back so many memories!!!

Erin :)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/27/05 at 11:40 pm

Here's what gets me....
Corporations are approving more and more commercials that appeal to the younger generation...
In turn the younger generation mimics the things they see... (movies, commercials and the like)
However, we cannot hold a corporation accountable for the actions of the younger generation because they are supposed to be taught right from wrong at home.... WHERE THEY ARE WATCHING TV!!!!!!
::)

Yes they do try to appeal to the younger generation, which I find odd, since the younger generation (teens, etc) aren't the ones who have money to spend... their parents do...

Written By: Tam on 03/28/05 at 12:17 am

exactly

Written By: jackas on 03/29/05 at 11:52 pm

I would love to see the old Juicy Fruit commercials where the gum grows on the trees.

Check for new replies or respond here...