inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How much do you hate Britney?

Written By: george78 on 03/31/05 at 4:55 pm

I just read this on MSN......Britney just sucks!  :P

Spears Lashes Out Over Pregnancy Rumors
Mar 31, 2:28 PM EST

Tired of pregnancy reports, Britney Spears is lashing out at tabloid magazines. "Do you, Us Weekly, In Touch, Star and other desperate magazines want employees who are honest, or those who are liars?" Spears writes in a posting on her Web site addressed "Dear False Tabloids."

Rumors have recently swirled that the 23-year-old pop star is pregnant and that her marriage to Kevin Federline is on the rocks. Spears didn't specifically address either issue, but instead asked magazines for some self-examination.

"Your employees are a reflection of your magazine," she writes in Wednesday's posting. "I'm really concerned about the people you hire to work at your companies.

"I'd like them to ask themselves the question, `What am I lying to myself about?' Is it that you are 50 pounds overweight? Is it that your children aren't making wise decisions? Or is it maybe that your husband or boyfriend is cheating on you?"

In February, Spears lamented Us Weekly's decision to publish pictures of her and Federline taken by employees at a Fiji islands hotel during the couple's October honeymoon.

But Us Weekly didn't back down. The magazine issued a statement saying, "Britney Spears should start a magazine if she'd like to dictate her own coverage."

In her posting, Spears added this P.S. — "People Magazine is great in my book!"

Subject: Re: How much do you hate Britney?

Written By: Johnny Vega on 03/31/05 at 5:01 pm

Britney Spears has never and will never be regarded as a good or even decent vocalist, she was just another victim of the "Disney method", turning "sweet" teenage girls into sluts by age 18... chosen for her looks and passable voice. The "Disney method" doesn't work well on men, just look at N*Sync when they were introduced as a boy band and then turned into "pimps" on their third album, "Celebrity", pretty funny stuff.

Written By: AL-B on 03/31/05 at 5:05 pm

Britney Spears has never and will never be regarded as a good or even decent vocalist, she was just another victim of the "Disney method", turning "sweet" teenage girls into sluts by age 18... chosen for her looks and passable voice.
Passable? She's probably the worst singer ever.

Written By: Johnny Vega on 03/31/05 at 5:16 pm

I watched an episode of "Inside Edition" where the former host, Deborah Norville, recorded a song without and then with a synthesizer. Her initial voice was horrible, but with the synthesizer, it was ready for distribution. I've heard Britney sing live (you could tell the difference from the studio version almost instantenously) and she isn't anywhere near Mariah or Whitney in her prime, but she does sing better then the average person or is average, and nowadays that is passable in the music business.

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 03/31/05 at 5:16 pm

I doesn't matter now, she's knocked up.  And if she DID make a comeback, she'd end up like Celine Dion......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D........... ???................. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/31/05 at 5:31 pm

There was a time when I would have partied with Britney.  :P

But now that she's associated with Kevin Federline, she's damaged good in my book.  :-\\

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 03/31/05 at 6:19 pm

I wish Britney's fans would wake up and see what a no-talent AIRHEAD she really is...

Natalie Merchant
Alicia Keys
Aretha Franklin
Carole King
Michelle Branch
Pat Benatar
Shakira
Lauryn Hill(yes THAT Lauryn from the Fugees).....all REAL singers,everyone mentioned is WAY more talented than crappy Britney!!

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 03/31/05 at 11:18 pm

I wish Britney's fans would wake up and see what a no-talent AIRHEAD she really is...

Natalie Merchant
Alicia Keys
Aretha Franklin
Carole King
Michelle Branch
Pat Benatar
Shakira
Lauryn Hill(yes THAT Lauryn from the Fugees).....all REAL singers,everyone mentioned is WAY more talented than crappy Britney!!

Don't forget J-LO, Pink, Kellis, and Ashley/Jessica Simpson.......................Bwahahahahah ;D ;D
Joking...........but preach on Brothaaaaaaaah!

Written By: Alicia on 03/31/05 at 11:23 pm

Personally I dont really care for her...but I do thik shes very beautiful and does deserve better than what she has...husband wise but that was her decision...anyways..its not my liffe so I dont care

Written By: DevoRule on 04/04/05 at 9:57 pm

Despise her.  As a musician.  As a person I'm indifferent. 

I wish she'd go away, along with Eminem (although I like Eminem) so people would stop saying 2005 is the 90s.

Although I see them more as 2000s anyway.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/04/05 at 9:58 pm

Despise her. As a musician. As a person I'm indifferent.

I wish she'd go away, along with Eminem (although I like Eminem) so people would stop saying 2005 is the 90s.

Although I see them more as 2000s anyway.

Theres no millenium decade anymore? ???

;D ;)

Written By: DevoRule on 04/04/05 at 10:03 pm

Theres no millenium decade anymore? ???

;D ;)

Nope :)  I just think 1997 to 2002 is sorta a period of its own for pop culture that centered around 1999. Of course it is really the 90s to 2000s transition.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/04/05 at 10:04 pm

I give "wish she'd go away" a slim majority here!
:P

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/04/05 at 10:07 pm

Nope :) I just think 1997 to 2002 is sorta a period of its own for pop culture that centered around 1999. Of course it is really the 90s to 2000s transition.

Most decades have that. I think that 1978-1982 was it's own little period like that.

Written By: Trimac21 on 04/05/05 at 2:42 am

Yeah Britney can't sing for sheesh, that is a fact. Why is she so rich and famous? Because of the songs other people write for her...if you got any other one to sing them they would be as famous as Britney and far more respected. To me, she is not even your average trashy pop star, no, she is now indeed becoming the Queen of Tabloid Trash.

Written By: Chrisrj on 04/05/05 at 4:56 am

I like good music.  Britney has come out with good, catchy stuff.  But I don't like that she's getting all the attention.  that's all I'll say.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/18/05 at 8:05 pm

In my opinion...there are one too many threads concerning that chick.

~Beth

Written By: Woops (Unlogged) on 04/18/05 at 10:55 pm

Who's Britney?  ::)

BTW, I like Tiffany. Like I said before, "I Think We're Alone Now" is a good dong.

And "Naked" is what the world need today instead today's rap & trashy pop.

Written By: Everlong on 04/18/05 at 11:02 pm

She's just a tool.  Oh well, hopefully she'll stay out of the limelight for a year or so with getting a baby and all...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/19/05 at 12:06 am

I don't Hate her....she's not at the top of my favourite list but anybody who played basketball is alright with me :D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/19/05 at 12:28 am

I don't hate her. But I do dislike her image (shes not the best looking woman there was either) that she is portraying (especially when it appeals to children) and her singing grates on my nerves.

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/19/05 at 1:01 am

I just read this on MSN......Britney just sucks!  :P

Spears Lashes Out Over Pregnancy Rumors
Mar 31, 2:28 PM EST

Tired of pregnancy reports, Britney Spears is lashing out at tabloid magazines. "Do you, Us Weekly, In Touch, Star and other desperate magazines want employees who are honest, or those who are liars?" Spears writes in a posting on her Web site addressed "Dear False Tabloids."

Rumors have recently swirled that the 23-year-old pop star is pregnant and that her marriage to Kevin Federline is on the rocks. Spears didn't specifically address either issue, but instead asked magazines for some self-examination.

"Your employees are a reflection of your magazine," she writes in Wednesday's posting. "I'm really concerned about the people you hire to work at your companies.

"I'd like them to ask themselves the question, `What am I lying to myself about?' Is it that you are 50 pounds overweight? Is it that your children aren't making wise decisions? Or is it maybe that your husband or boyfriend is cheating on you?"

In February, Spears lamented Us Weekly's decision to publish pictures of her and Federline taken by employees at a Fiji islands hotel during the couple's October honeymoon.

But Us Weekly didn't back down. The magazine issued a statement saying, "Britney Spears should start a magazine if she'd like to dictate her own coverage."

In her posting, Spears added this P.S. — "People Magazine is great in my book!"

I cannot stand her. I just want her dropped from her record label and for her to p1ss off. She's just a fake to society.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/19/05 at 2:29 pm

I cannot stand her. I just want her dropped from her record label and for her to p1ss off. She's just a fake to society.

HAHAHAHA I see your "bicycle" quote

~The pc, is to the mind, what the bicycle, is to the legs~ dc

is stussys from the BI site KQueen   ;)  wink wink say no more..SSSHHH you know who!!  ;)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/19/05 at 2:57 pm

she serves her purpose.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/19/05 at 4:08 pm

She makes good throwaway Pop music...end of story.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/19/05 at 4:45 pm

I think Mariah Carey is MUCH worse as far as her voice grating my nerves :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/05 at 4:45 pm

Not much!

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/20/05 at 1:24 pm

I think Mariah Carey is MUCH worse as far as her voice grating my nerves :P

I despise her. She's just an attention seeker. Whenever the camera is on her then she's as nice as anything but whn the camera is not on her then I bet she's very spiteful. The same goes with Darius

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/20/05 at 1:26 pm

Hi KQ

Yeah Darius needs a good smack in the chops..he's the vainest bloke ever to hit the pop scene..

talk about "get the camera on me now" attitude.

He makes me vomit.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 04/20/05 at 4:05 pm

Who cares, she's a trashy dirtbag

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/20/05 at 4:11 pm

Who cares, she's a trashy dirtbag

Yes sje os amd she's also an ugly cow.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/20/05 at 4:17 pm

HAHAHAHA

Speak yer mind why dont'cha KQ  :D

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/20/05 at 7:16 pm

Britney is the pus that eminates in the festering wound called mainstream music.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/20/05 at 10:35 pm

Passable? She's probably the worst singer ever.

No, unfortunately she is not. William Shatner and William Hung are worse. I don't hate Britney, she amuses me at the lowest possible level, like cleaning the lint from my dryer screen. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/05 at 1:59 am

Why should she be dropped from her record just you detest her?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/21/05 at 9:45 am

She's overrated.  ::)

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/21/05 at 2:05 pm

I hate her enough NOT to buy her CD's------yeah!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/21/05 at 2:08 pm

Who?  :D

Cat

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/21/05 at 2:54 pm

No, unfortunately she is not. William Shatner and William Hung are worse. I don't hate Britney, she amuses me at the lowest possible level, like cleaning the lint from my dryer screen. ;D

HAHAHA
Nah the worst possible singer..ever..is Kelis, dunno if she's even known in the US tho, but she is seriously dire.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/21/05 at 6:13 pm

Britney Spears is a freakin' no-talent piece of trash! She actually had the gall to cover a Joan Jett and the Blackhearts song...Sorry Britney,you waste of recording studio time,you are truly a no-brains bimbo.....and Jive Records could do better than you...I don't see why preteen girls like you...or what the H*LL Kevin Federline sees in you!!!

I listen to REAL female singers like Janis Joplin(RIP)...Alicia Keys....Natalie Merchant...Patti Smith....even bands like L7( A seriously LOUD and HEAVY all-female band!)

So there. Britney can get lost permanently from the music scene,and I wish she would!!!

Written By: DevoRule on 04/21/05 at 6:19 pm

Don't hate her anymore ... she's a MOM!  ;D

Written By: Sick of Britney on 04/21/05 at 8:44 pm

I saw her in the movie "Sin City" and she was OK...

Oh wait, that's Brittany Murphy. My Bad!

Check for new replies or respond here...