inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The new Doctor Who

Written By: Satish on 04/01/05 at 12:24 pm

The classic sci-fi tv series Doctor Who just returned to the air after a 16 year absence. I javen't seen it, since it hasn't made it to this side of the pond yet, but I've seen a few screen shots. The Doctor looks a whole lot cooler and slicker now. I also heard they splashed out on some fancy special effects for this show(a big improvement over the cheap looking sets on the old show!).

Here's the official site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

Anyone else seen it? What's everyone think?

Subject: Re: The new Doctor Who

Written By: Xer on 04/16/05 at 7:51 am

I remember watching that show when I was real young.  I believe it was British produced and to look back on it now, it does seem corny.  But then again I like corny.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/16/05 at 12:00 pm

Allready saw the first two episodes, so far so good.

Written By: Wilshaw on 04/24/05 at 1:23 pm

if u liked doctor who then check this out
http://the-store.co.uk/sdp/savedarkplace/index.html
we had it here in britain and it was one of the funniest programs ever

Written By: MooRocca on 04/24/05 at 2:16 pm

It's making it over to this side of the pond... just not on hard copy.  I've seen the entire season, so far, including the Doctor Who Confidential episodes.  I just finished watching part 2 of their first cliff-hanger episode a few minutes ago, in fact. 

I'm not as thrilled with some of the directions they've taken with the new doctor as many of the other fans.  I have a lot of complaints.  Don't want to spoil it for you, though.

Check your PMs in a bit and I'll let you know where to get them and what you need to convert them.  (Someone else does it for me, so I'll have to ask about it, myself, before I can get back to you.)

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/24/05 at 2:26 pm

Oh dear God, i watched it on saturday for the first time (the new series that is)

Holy Crap, what piffle they serve us. It's Blasphemy i tell you, against the good name of the Doctor.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/24/05 at 2:28 pm

I loved Dr. Who.  I do suffer from anti-cableitis so I won't be seeing the new one anytime soon.  I'll wait until it comes out on DVD and see how I feel.  I loved the hokeyness of the whole thing and hope they didn't slick it up too much.

Written By: MooRocca on 04/24/05 at 2:30 pm

Oh dear God, i watched it on saturday for the first time (the new series that is)

Holy Crap, what piffle they serve us. It's Blasphemy i tell you, against the good name of the Doctor.

At least they have him dressed right, eh... for jumping the shark, that is!  ;D  For the part of the Doctor... not so much.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/24/05 at 2:33 pm

At least they have him dressed right, eh... for jumping the shark, that is!  ;D  For the part of the Doctor... not so much.

The episode i watched.. it was like they were trying.. but just.. not much.. and.. reall...y... jus...t could.... n't be both..erd... you see where it's going.

It was, somewhat tounge in cheek, but not much, there was some vague humor, but it was only fleeting, they tried to dress it up a bit.. but not very well, they obviously tried to keep some things the same, and failed. It was like a complete clusterfuc* of old meets new. Abysmal!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/05 at 2:36 pm

The first few episodes were over in a flash, with a chance of potential developement to the plot to extent the storyline, and the world was save with a use of a handy sonic screwdriver.

Check for new replies or respond here...