inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Don't Forget To "Spring Forward"

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/03/05 at 10:36 am

For most of us. Set your clocks forward 1 hour....yes! Now it's lighter later :)

Subject: Re: Don't Forget To "Spring Forward"

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/03/05 at 11:22 am

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Daylight savings time rules!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/05 at 11:36 am

For most of us. Set your clocks forward 1 hour....yes! Now it's lighter later :)
Our clocks changed last weekend, now I am looking forward to that extra hours sleep in October.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/03/05 at 11:47 am

Our clocks changed last weekend, now I am looking forward to that extra hours sleep in October.
It's only one hour, Philip. I'd gladly give that extra hour of sleep up for the days being lighter one hour later ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/03/05 at 12:43 pm

This year is the first year in 9 years that I've had to change my clock.  :\'(

In 1996 I moved to South Bend Indiana, which does not change its clocks.  I MUCH prefer it too.  And contrary to what people may think, the cows still give milk, the farms still yield, business works fine, and the unemployment rate is actually one of the lowest in the USA.  From personal experience, I see the whole time-change thing as a crock.  ::)

Now I'm back in pennsylvania and have to go through this whole medieval procedure again.  >:(

LB

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/03/05 at 12:46 pm

In 1996 I moved to South Bend Indiana, which does not change its clocks.  I MUCH prefer it too.  And contrary to what people may think, the cows still give milk, the farms still yield, business works fine, and the unemployment rate is actually one of the lowest in the USA.  From personal experience, I see the whole time-change thing as a crock.  ::)

Now I'm back in pennsylvania and have to go through this whole medieval procedure again.  >:(

LB
I have no problem getting rid of it either...as long as they kept it as it is right now! I HATE when it gets dark early :P

Written By: AL-B on 04/03/05 at 2:28 pm

I like the extra hour of daylight, but the time change always throws me off for about a week or so.

Written By: Marian on 04/03/05 at 3:46 pm

LB
I believe they have Daylight savings in British Columbia,which we visited twice,and this resulted in it being light until 10 pm,I believe.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/03/05 at 3:47 pm

Love the extra hour of light but hate the loss of an hour of sleep.  I have to be to church at 7:30.  Waaaay to early when you take into account the change.;

Written By: Apricot on 04/03/05 at 3:58 pm

My clocks all set themselves.. I love this new stuff.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/03/05 at 4:06 pm

Love the extra hour of light but hate the loss of an hour of sleep.  I have to be to church at 7:30.  Waaaay to early when you take into account the change.;
Given the 6 months of lighter/longer days...I gladly give up that hour, Dagny :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/03/05 at 4:16 pm

Ahh, the good old Spring Forward/Fall Back thing. Takes a while to get used to it getting dark at 6:30 rather than 7:30 (We changed our clocks back last week)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/03/05 at 4:22 pm

Ahh, the good old Spring Forward/Fall Back thing. Takes a while to get used to it getting dark at 6:30 rather than 7:30 (We changed our clocks back last week)
the only god old thing, IMHO, is the "spring forward" ;)

Written By: nally on 04/03/05 at 9:03 pm

My clocks all set themselves.. I love this new stuff.

I like that. But the only clocks of mine that change automatically are the one in the computer, and the one on my cell phone. Also, the one on our cable box. All of the other clocks need to be changed manually...which I did yesterday.

Written By: saver on 04/03/05 at 9:42 pm

I'm changing mine 3 hours ahead so I don't have to worry for the next few years...plus when you turn yours BACK in 6 months, I'll GAIN another hour!! :D 

Written By: jackas on 04/03/05 at 10:16 pm

I can't stand this time change.  It totally throws me off.  I need to go back to Arizona where there is no time change.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/03/05 at 10:17 pm

It did throw me off a bit too..but its worth it. :)

I love it when the days are long.

Written By: jackas on 04/03/05 at 10:21 pm

It did throw me off a bit too..but its worth it. :)

I love it when the days are long.

I like the long days too, but even without moving the clocks the days become long after a few weeks.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/03/05 at 10:51 pm

I like the long days too, but even without moving the clocks the days become long after a few weeks.
Exactly! I wish they'd leave it as it is right now ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/04/05 at 6:56 pm

I say keep it at summer times zone (1 hour forward). I'd rather it get light at 9am and dark at 6pm than it get light at 8am and dark at 5pm. 5pm just seems way too early to get dark  :o

Written By: Howard on 04/05/05 at 4:20 pm

It's kinda hard to get used but what I do enjoy is that I can keep my sunglasses on up until 8pm when the sun goes down.
Then in October,we change it right back.

Check for new replies or respond here...