inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The O.C. as compared to other 'teen dramas'

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/05 at 12:20 am

I'm not a big fan of the O.C. but I do watch it every week. Here in Australia they're still airing season 2. I was just wondering, for those who were old enough, how do you think the O.C. compares to previous teen dramas like Beverley Hills 90210, Party of 5.etc? I'm not old enough, but I remember watching those shows on cable - it was too long ago to remember tho. So is the O.C. just a rehash of those shows or is it something truly new and different?

Subject: Re: The O.C. as compared to other 'teen dramas'

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/04/05 at 10:19 am

It's pretty much the same as 90210,  and Dawson's Creek to some extent.

Written By: thebutcheress on 04/04/05 at 3:42 pm

I can't stand it.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/04/05 at 6:11 pm

Meh, never really got into most teen dramas, with the exception of a couple (90210, Part of 5) a few years ago.

Written By: Chrisrj on 04/04/05 at 11:41 pm

What I hate is how they'd just blindly call Buffy and Angel "teen shows".  They are NOT, they are very excellent shows(with the exception of Angel in its later years).  If by teen show you mean "tv show that kicks serious @$$", then that would be acceptable.

As for Teen dramas(real ones), I never saw them, except for seson 1 of Dawson's Creek, which was pretty good IMHO.

Check for new replies or respond here...