inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will the Backstreet Boy's return be successful?

Written By: DevoRule on 04/05/05 at 1:41 pm

I hope not.  I think it will be a mild success.  They'll get some attention, but not that much. The 12-year-olds of 1999 are now 18. 

IMO, when the Olsen Twins turned 18 that closed the book on boy band culture.  If they come back as "punks", though, I guess they have a chance.  :P

Subject: Re: Will the Backstreet Boy's return be successful?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/05/05 at 2:22 pm

Same as hell freezing over....  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/05 at 2:35 pm

I hope so, so that Weird Al Yankovic will have new material...

Written By: McDonald on 04/05/05 at 6:16 pm

Not if there's anything good left in the world. It makes little difference to me, as I pay almost no attention to modern pop culture. It's vapid and is a road to nowhere.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/05/05 at 7:31 pm

Please, God, no.

Written By: DeutscherGirl on 04/05/05 at 9:19 pm

I didn't even know they were going to make a comeback.....I had thought, and desperately hoped, that they had moved on with their lives.

As for their comeback being a success, it won't happen. Their fans then were adolescent girls, who have now grown up and probably wouldn't want to be caught dead listening to them.

And besides, who would really want to go see 5 guys who are all now ranging in age from mid 20s to mid 30s, sing sappy love songs and dance around like a bunch of poofs?

Not me, I can assure you....

Blondie

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/05/05 at 9:22 pm

Oh good Lord, I hope so...  I miss having a good reason to make teenage girls cry. :\'(

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/05/05 at 9:28 pm

I heard their new song on they radio, I think it sounded like crap, of course so does a lot of other stuff on the radio.

Check for new replies or respond here...