inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What style will last longer in the industry?

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/05/05 at 10:13 pm

Another friendly post from your untapped home-dogg. 8)

I know polls and questions like these have been asked before, but I was never on here before, so.....yeah
8)

Subject: Re: What style will last longer in the industry?

Written By: DeutscherGirl on 04/05/05 at 10:27 pm

In my opinion, rock will always dominate. It may go to the backburner once in awhile, and it will forever be changing, but rock will never go away, and it will always come out on top.

Blondie

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/06/05 at 12:12 am

I have a bad feeling electronica and techno will begin to dominate again...although there are positive signs this will not be the case. 'Rock' including Rock and Roll and Rock/Pop has had a continuing dominating influence in the music scene since popular music begun, whereas hip-hop, rap.etc are clearly more short-lived fads. The guitar, bass, drum-kit setup will form will remain dominant in rock for many years to come. In 2200, every 13-year old kid will still want an electric guitar for his birthday.

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/06/05 at 12:41 am

I have a bad feeling electronica and techno will begin to dominate again...although there are positive signs this will not be the case. 'Rock' including Rock and Roll and Rock/Pop has had a continuing dominating influence in the music scene since popular music begun, whereas hip-hop, rap.etc are clearly more short-lived fads. The guitar, bass, drum-kit setup will form will remain dominant in rock for many years to come. In 2200, every 13-year old kid will still want an electric guitar for his birthday.

I am in disagreement of your opinion.....yet......I am in awe. :o  Thank you for that. :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/07/05 at 11:27 pm

Rock will always be around. Even during down times (eg: last 10 years) Rock will still prosper (I think thats the word I want...?).

Written By: Billy Florio on 04/07/05 at 11:29 pm

not sure Id say that hip hop is a passing fad.....its been gaining popularity since 1978....if we call that a fad, then blues was a fad, as was jazz, as was soul.  

Rock will always dominate as a blanket statement doesnt say anything.  What genre of rock?  Punk revival?  Garage?  Soft rock?  There are many different styles.  

Im not sure techno and electronica ever dominated in the past. And God help us if techno does finally dominate (i dont think I would ever turn on the radio then).  Electronica is a very intersting genre, and it definitly has its share of goodness (LCD Soundsystem, Kraftwerk, Edgard Varese), so dont go badmouthing the whole genre.  

Indie rock will finally become mainstream because people are awaking from their coma of crap like Linkin Park and jessica simpson.  

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/08/05 at 4:37 am

not sure Id say that hip hop is a passing fad.....its been gaining popularity since 1978....if we call that a fad, then blues was a fad, as was jazz, as was soul.  

Rock will always dominate as a blanket statement doesnt say anything.  What genre of rock?  Punk revival?  Garage?  Soft rock?  There are many different styles.  

Im not sure techno and electronica ever dominated in the past. And God help us if techno does finally dominate (i dont think I would ever turn on the radio then).  Electronica is a very intersting genre, and it definitly has its share of goodness (LCD Soundsystem, Kraftwerk, Edgard Varese), so dont go badmouthing the whole genre.  

Indie rock will finally become mainstream because people are awaking from their coma of crap like Linkin Park and jessica simpson.  

Dude.......you're cool.....and not just because you dig Kraftwerk!  Check this site out: http://www.kraftwerk.com
I agree......Electronica should NOT be on the radio.  It's too precious and beautiful to be destroyed by commercializers.  It's been tampered with enough.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/08/05 at 8:43 am

pop music will always dominate, always has actually. every other style comes and goes with the times. and electronica will always be underground, thankfully. i don't want to share my favourite style of music with the common masses.

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/08/05 at 10:19 am

pop music will always dominate, always has actually. every other style comes and goes with the times. and electronica will always be underground, thankfully. i don't want to share my favourite style of music with the common masses.

Well I'm thankful and hoping Electronica will stay underground too.  I'd hate to have to dissown Mark Farina, Danny Tenaglia, Oakenfold, and Digweed like I dissowned about 68% of my favourite hip hop artists for selling out to kids and housewives. 8)

Written By: DevoRule on 04/08/05 at 9:00 pm

Rock.  There will always be Pop but I assume you the boy band type.  Rap I think will become VERY unpopular by 2012 or so.  All people ever hear is the mainstream, when that's not current people will remember guys like Ja Rule and assume all rap is crap.  There will still be an underground though.

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/09/05 at 1:38 am

True Hip Hop/ Rap is 30 yrs old and still going strong--It will never die.

NOW as far as the commerical, blingified, booty all in the camera rap, I hope that S$%T dies.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/05 at 2:05 am

Commercial radio stations are in a world of hurt, and these corporate idiots are going to keep parading maximum cr*p output by minimum amount invested to benefit fewest number of elites the most!  By their greed may the die a low-death whether it's Britney Speares or a repackaged right-wing retread of Charlie Daniels I hope they take their inane cr*pola with them.  That way we can start over when the days of regional rock radio play were buzzing with diversity:  BACK IN THE DAYS OF DEAR OLD PAYOLA!
I hope Mancow gets flushed right after Sean Hannity!
I would get on the air and introduce you to some sensationall cello players NOT named Yo Yo Ma!
;)

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/09/05 at 2:52 am

True Hip Hop/ Rap is 30 yrs old and still going strong--It will never die.

NOW as far as the commerical, blingified, booty all in the camera rap, I hope that S$%T dies.

Preach on brotha man!

Written By: Billy Florio on 04/09/05 at 9:13 pm

Dude.......you're cool.....and not just because you dig Kraftwerk!  Check this site out: http://www.kraftwerk.com
I agree......Electronica should NOT be on the radio.  It's too precious and beautiful to be destroyed by commercializers.  It's been tampered with enough.

lol thanks...you seem to know your music pretty well..rock on

Its been a little while since I broke out a kraftwerk album....I should go find my copy of Computer world wherever I put it. 

Maybe I feel this way because Im on Long Island, home of the "I am cooler than thou, 'lets go clubbin every night'" guido (hey, Im italian and its not a slur lol), but I feel that electronica is already getting ruined.  House and trance especially.  I never was a fan of them anyway, but they are everywhere, and Im starting to think that suckier artists are appearing everyday (the only criteria for putting out a techno song is to have the letters DJ before your name, right?...cause it seems that way).  More laid back electronica is tthe style I like...with bands like LCD Soundsystem and the Rapture, and Daft Punk, etc (mostly the DFA and their Dance-punk bands) as well as older bands like Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream, etc.  Those are the ones Id like to see people knowing, but no luck there. 
I tried to introduce my techno-lovin friend to Kraftwerk and The DFA, but he refused to give it a chance...idiots...

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/10/05 at 1:02 am

Preach on brotha man!

Excuse me? "Preach on Brotha Man" wtf? ???

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/10/05 at 2:34 am

lol thanks...you seem to know your music pretty well..rock on

Its been a little while since I broke out a kraftwerk album....I should go find my copy of Computer world wherever I put it. 

Maybe I feel this way because Im on Long Island, home of the "I am cooler than thou, 'lets go clubbin every night'" guido (hey, Im italian and its not a slur lol), but I feel that electronica is already getting ruined.  House and trance especially.  I never was a fan of them anyway, but they are everywhere, and Im starting to think that suckier artists are appearing everyday (the only criteria for putting out a techno song is to have the letters DJ before your name, right?...cause it seems that way).  More laid back electronica is tthe style I like...with bands like LCD Soundsystem and the Rapture, and Daft Punk, etc (mostly the DFA and their Dance-punk bands) as well as older bands like Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream, etc.  Those are the ones Id like to see people knowing, but no luck there. 
I tried to introduce my techno-lovin friend to Kraftwerk and The DFA, but he refused to give it a chance...idiots...

Well man, I'm ¼ guido, so it's  8)!
You should check out the likes of Miguel Migs, Montefiori Cocktail, Mark Farina, and anything from OM Records.  That would be "deep house".That's the type of house(electronica) I like because it's like a feeling that you are on a tropical island with beautiful women feeding you grapes and fanning you down with one of those big palm tree leaf things.
I like deep house (sub-sub-genre of house) because it's mellow, atmospheric, sometimes ambient.  Deep house makes you feel good because there's actually a story inside a track, regardless of loops and constance.  The producer tries to take it to different levels to capture and keep the listener.  Yes, it's a dance beat, and some can be alittle repetative, but I never wanted to dance to a deep house beat...just chill and listen to sexy French and Ibiza sounds.   I listen to deep house when I need to clear my mind, and for the most part it works out the crappiness of my day.  It's just a nice style that has more meaning than rave type music or progressive stuff you hear at clubs.  It's a style of music that you and your girl/boy could just relax and enjoy.   So check 'em out, just one of those I mention and tell me what you think man.

Oh and I know ALL about them Long Islanders.... :o

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/10/05 at 2:35 am

Excuse me? "Preach on Brotha Man" wtf? ???

Sorry, a bit of the ghetto came out of me and I didn't have my contacts in, so I didn't see that you're a woman sooooo........Preach on Sista Woman.... ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/10/05 at 2:48 am

I didn't have my contacts in, so I didn't see that you're a woman
Now theres a bad thing to say (face to face)...  ;D

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/10/05 at 4:16 am

Now theres a bad thing to say (face to face)...  ;D

Crap...I never thought of that!  ;D ;D

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/10/05 at 4:56 am

Sorry, a bit of the ghetto came out of me and I didn't have my contacts in, so I didn't see that you're a woman sooooo........Preach on Sista Woman.... ;)

:)

Written By: chaka on 04/13/05 at 11:00 am

Rock rocked,Rock rocks and Rock will always rock :D

Hopefully all that Hiphop,r&b,pop and electronic will soon fade away...
That will be the best day for my ears ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...