inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Card Games

Written By: the_omega on 04/06/05 at 3:36 pm

Has anybody noticed that since the beginning of the 2000's collectible/trading card games have become amazingly popular, i myself play one called magic the gathering i love every aspect of it the artwork, the playing of the game the new sets new ideas.
But what do you all think about card games?

do any of you play a TCG/CCG? (this can include anything like baseball, football, cigarette cards etc)
if so which one/s and why, what is it that you like about it and how did you start

Subject: Re: Card Games

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/06/05 at 4:07 pm

Has anybody noticed that since the beginning of the 2000's collectible/trading card games have become amazingly popular, i myself play one called magic the gathering i love every aspect of it the artwork, the playing of the game the new sets new ideas.
But what do you all think about card games?

do any of you play a TCG/CCG? (this can include anything like baseball, football, cigarette cards etc)
if so which one/s and why, what is it that you like about it and how did you start

Magic the gathering was big in the '90s as well.

Written By: Kenlos on 04/06/05 at 4:14 pm

Magic the gathering was big in the '90s as well.

Yeah it was if anything I think it was more popular in the 90s than it is now, atleast here in the US.

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/06/05 at 4:29 pm

Yeah it was if anything I think it was more popular in the 90s than it is now, atleast here in the US.

Yea, actually I haven't seen to much of it since the '90s. I see a lot of that yu-gi-oh crap now, pokemon was more late '90s as well, though it was big in the early '00s. I really never cared about any of that stuff, not my thing.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/06/05 at 4:38 pm

not a fan. i play other geek games instead. there's a rivalry at our local gaming store between the card-flippers and us who play warhammer40k. we both want the same table. an agreement was made before nerdy blood was shed...

Check for new replies or respond here...