inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Reality TV hits a new low.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/06/05 at 9:30 pm

Reality Series Seeks Feuding Families

"Loser Leaves Town," an upcoming TBS reality show, is looking for two feuding families and is willing to pay.

Series producer Nash Entertainment ("Outback Jack," "For Love or Money") is offering a $50,000 reward for anyone who helps locate a pair of at-odds families for the series.

The clans chosen for the show each receive $100,000 but the loser has to agree to move, a spokeswoman said.

"How well do you and your neighbors get along? Do their obnoxious dogs and blaring music drive you nuts?" asks the Web site seeking submissions.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20050406/111279930000.html
An air date has yet to be announced

Subject: Re: Reality TV hits a new low.

Written By: Howard on 04/07/05 at 1:59 pm

I wonder what they'll come up with next. ::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/25/05 at 7:51 pm

Dutch TV to air sperm donor reality show
25 August 2005

AMSTERDAM: Billionaire television producer John de Mol, behind the pioneer show Big Brother, will test the limits of reality TV with a programme in which a woman searches for a potential sperm donor to conceive a child.

His new TV station Talpa, launched earlier this month, confirmed it will air a programme called "I want your child ... and nothing else!" but gave no further details about the show due on Wednesday.

"The plan is that we visit potential donors and – of course on camera – decide which man is most suitable," the 30-year old woman who will feature in the programme said in an interview with De Telegraaf newspaper.

"Afterwards there will be artificial insemination," said the woman who was identified only as "Yessica" and who has bought a house with a room for a child.

The show is a one-off competing with four other reality TV programmes, one of which follows five former prostitutes starting a cafe. The programme receiving most votes from viewers on Saturday, after all the shows have aired, will be turned into a series.

De Telegraaf also published an email address for men wanting to donate sperm to Yessica.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/05 at 7:59 pm

Reality Series Seeks Feuding Families

"Loser Leaves Town," an upcoming TBS reality show, is looking for two feuding families and is willing to pay.

Series producer Nash Entertainment ("Outback Jack," "For Love or Money") is offering a $50,000 reward for anyone who helps locate a pair of at-odds families for the series.

The clans chosen for the show each receive $100,000 but the loser has to agree to move, a spokeswoman said.

"How well do you and your neighbors get along? Do their obnoxious dogs and blaring music drive you nuts?" asks the Web site seeking submissions.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20050406/111279930000.html
An air date has yet to be announced

Yeah, it's retarded, but nobody is forcing any family to participate, nor any viewer to watch.  People just luuuuv to get on TV anyway they can.  For instance, all those screaming drunk idiots on COPS sign agreements to allow their faces to be shown on TV.  If they don't sign, their faces are blurred.  So next time you see that nasty redneck clear as a bell and he's bombed out of his gourd, hollaring at his old lady, remember the producers asked him after the fact, "wanna be on TV?,"  he said, "Yup!"
:P

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/25/05 at 9:03 pm

perfect for the Hatfields and McCoys

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/26/05 at 3:11 am

As I've said many times before, the logical conclusion to this reality TV crap will be a show where they offer heterosexual  men large sums of money to perform gay sex acts. Before it's all said and done, there will be a show called "Who Wants To Blow A Millionaire?!?" ;D ;D ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/05 at 7:50 am

I thought the one where they had the kids vying for college scholarships was rancid.  Why is it the such bright  students should have
to worry about financing an education?

Written By: Dallas on 08/27/05 at 8:06 am

Dutch TV to air sperm donor reality show

I think we need a picture of Yessica to understand the need for this TV show.

Check for new replies or respond here...