inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: All Tests should be easier, with only 20 questions a chapter. Who Agrees??

Written By: Bill_Drake666 on 04/08/05 at 7:23 pm

I think so and that is how i normaly do my tests

Subject: Re: All Tests should be easier, with only 20 questions a chapter. Who Agrees??

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/21/07 at 9:30 pm

Yes I agree all tests should be easier. Maybe I won't fail so many or need to study so hard if tests were easier.

Subject: Re: All Tests should be easier, with only 20 questions a chapter. Who Agrees??

Written By: whistledog on 01/21/07 at 9:37 pm

All tests should be multiple choice, so dumb kids (like I was in school) can guess their way to college ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/21/07 at 11:54 pm

T/F is better, that you've got a 50/50.  The thing is some teachers through a monkey wrench into it, the specify: It it's false make it true.

Then there were the teachers that would give a section of 10 T/F questions.  Turns out they were all true, but you didn't think the teacher would write all 10 questions as true, so you marked a few of them F, even though you could swear they were trute!
:D

Written By: Brian06 on 01/21/07 at 11:58 pm

T/F is better, that you've got a 50/50.  The thing is some teachers through a monkey wrench into it, the specify: It it's false make it true.

I hated those kind.  ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/22/07 at 7:18 am

I disagree.

Written By: karen on 01/26/07 at 11:42 am

Last night a friend of mine was telling me about the last exam he set and marked.  He did a section of mixed multi-choice and true/false questions.  He explained it the beginning of the section that all questions should be answers, some were multi-choice and some were true/false.  Apparently more than one student answered the multi-choice ones by writing true or false next to each statement.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/BangHead.gif

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/26/07 at 11:58 am

All tests should have questions that ask what you would do if an alien forced you to give up either the p53 or the pRB tumor suppressor genes.

Written By: Tia on 01/26/07 at 12:35 pm

i say if you can name that little thing that hangs down at the back of your throat, they should automatically let you become a doctor.

Written By: Mushroom on 01/26/07 at 2:42 pm

I dissagree.

After all, school is supposed to help train kids for "real life" when they reach adulthood.  The last thing we need is even more stupid adults.

After all, real life is not multiple choice.  And it involves many more questions and answers on a daily basis.  In the end, the result of "dumbing down" the tests will be dumbed down adults.

Check for new replies or respond here...