inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wanna Use Your Cell Phone While Driving? Buy This!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/11/05 at 4:54 pm

I HATE when people's talking on thier cellphone affects thier driving to the point where the safety of themselves and others is put in risk....I talk on my phone when I drive BUT I bought THIS and it solves the problem. Anybody else have hands free with thiers?

http://www.midlandcomputers.co.uk/img/category/headsets.gif

It's worth the $20
;)

Subject: Re: Wanna Use Your Cell Phone While Driving? Buy This!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/11/05 at 5:45 pm

I have one, but never use it.  I rarely talk on my cell phone when I'm driving....heck, I rarely talk on my cell phone :P
That's cool. I just wonder why more people that do talk on thier phones, don't buy  these ::)

Written By: Kyle on 04/11/05 at 6:58 pm

That's not a new thing.  ;D :D  They have been advertising and selling this kool things since at least the year 2000, maybe 2001 where I live.  ;

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/11/05 at 7:29 pm

That's because it's mandatory in Texas, Alex.  I think statewide, it went into effect last year, but was the law in certain parts.  At least, that's what my SIL told me.
I think it should be mandatory everywhere

Written By: AL-B on 04/12/05 at 5:43 am

That's cool. I just wonder why more people that do talk on thier phones, don't buy  these ::)
Maybe they're afraid that other people can't see their hands free sets and think that they're talking to themselves.

I have a hands free set that came with my phone, but I don't use it that much either. When I'm out on a run I usually just keep my phone shut off until I get to the next terminal and then I'll check my messages. If I do decide to call my brother while I'm driving it's only late at night on the highway when there's little or no traffic around. Even with the hands free I don't feel all that comfortable talking on the phone while I'm driving.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/12/05 at 10:38 am

Maybe they're afraid that other people can't see their hands free sets and think that they're talking to themselves.

I have a hands free set that came with my phone, but I don't use it that much either. When I'm out on a run I usually just keep my phone shut off until I get to the next terminal and then I'll check my messages. If I do decide to call my brother while I'm driving it's only late at night on the highway when there's little or no traffic around. Even with the hands free I don't feel all that comfortable talking on the phone while I'm driving.
That's cool, AL-B. I feel like like wearing the headset is no that much different than listening to the radio though...I try not to talk while I drive but if I do I always use my headset...that's just me though ;)

Written By: karen on 04/12/05 at 11:07 am

I had a hands free set with my previous phone that was a pain to use.  The only place to put the phone in the car was either in my pocket (pain to answer calls) or on a little shelf thing next to the radio (pain to answer calls and the wire gotin the way when I was changing gear).

I've since changed my phone and bought a hands free set at the time (legally I have to use on here) but have never even got it out of the box.  I just pull over in a safe place to take the call.  It's usually Dai asking if I've left work yet  ::)

When I first saw this thread I thought someone had revived that joke one of yours Mark.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/12/05 at 11:21 am

My mom doesn't have to worry about the headset. her car has a speaker and microphone built inside. She just puts her cell phone in the console and that's it :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/12/05 at 4:11 pm

Some of the new phones with the bluetooth technology have wireless headsets. I saw so many of them at the airport, it was hilarious....all of these people walking around with the earpiece/mics on looking like they're talking to themselves because there's no wire ;D
;D

Check for new replies or respond here...