inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who Is Worse: Good Charlotte, Avril Lavigne, etc. (Wannabe Punks)

Written By: woops on 04/11/05 at 10:46 pm

Is there anymore?

Bowling For Soup...though I like 2 songs from them  :-[

And I can't believe Ashlee Simpson isn't a 1 hit wonder...she can't sing and "Pieces Of Me" is the only "personal guilty pleasure" I can tolerate...

Subject: Re: Who Is Worse: Good Charlotte, Avril Lavigne, etc. (Wannabe Punks)

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/11/05 at 11:24 pm

We need a harder, modern version of the Pistols to rip everything up...a nastier, more anarchic, more hateful group..none of this 'love, peace.etc' pretend-punk crap!

Written By: AL-B on 04/12/05 at 5:28 am

wat about busted omg they are soooooooooooo gr8 they are da coolest band eva!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: redhead007 on 04/12/05 at 12:40 pm

Ashlee Simpson. She can't sing to save her life.  :P

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/12/05 at 12:55 pm

Good Charlotte ...yuk :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/12/05 at 1:51 pm

Good Charlotte..... I have only one word.... bleh.  ::)

Written By: Stompgal on 04/13/05 at 6:25 am

Probably Bowling For Soup. I haven't heard much from them.

Written By: chaka on 04/13/05 at 12:42 pm

wat about busted omg they are soooooooooooo gr8 they are da coolest band eva!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hey yeah,I sooo love them and aren't they sooo freakin cute :D :D
Oh,I looooooove dose boys ::)
As for "good"charlotte: OMG they rock,baby!!!!!
:o :o Anyone who thinks like that should see a doctor ;D ;D

And Avril isn't any better,she thinks it's cool when she says that Courtney Love is her idol...stop lying to yourself gal >:( :P

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/13/05 at 3:55 pm

I'd like to say all of them but Ashlee simpson is by far the worst offender.

Written By: Kyle on 04/16/05 at 4:20 pm

How about the Backstreet Boys.  I hear they are turning punk big time.  The Backstreet Boys is a pop group, not a pop-i]punk or pop-CRUNK group like Good Charlotte and *NSYNC. I wish they'll be theirselves instead of posers.  :\'(

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 4:42 pm

Ashlee Simpson's the worst.  I'm so glad she got f'ed up on SNL.  Music has been improving since then.  Except for mainstream rap, it's only getting worse.  Although I like 50 Cent I  think he is TERRIBLE for rap.

Written By: woops on 04/16/05 at 5:05 pm

Backstreet Boys gone "punk"  :P Sad, but true...

Hey yeah,I sooo love them and aren't they sooo freakin cute :D :D
Oh,I looooooove dose boys ::)
As for "good"charlotte: OMG they rock,baby!!!!!
:o :o Anyone who thinks like that should see a doctor ;D ;D

And Avril isn't any better,she thinks it's cool when she says that Courtney Love is her idol...stop lying to yourself gal >:( :P

Courtney Love? I bet Avril doesn't even know one song from her former band Hole...  :P Or couldn't tell Courtney Love from Jennifer Love Hewitt.  ::)

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/16/05 at 5:41 pm

Ashlee Simpson's the worst.  I'm so glad she got f'ed up on SNL.  Music has been improving since then.  Except for mainstream rap, it's only getting worse.  Although I like 50 Cent I  think he is TERRIBLE for rap.

50 embodies all that is wrong with Rap

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/17/05 at 2:37 am

The only one on that list I like at all is Bowling for Soup (mainly the "1985" song, LOL! Although I somewhat liked 2003's "The girl all the Bad Guys want") but they've got way too many soundalike songs!

I actually did like a couple of Avril's songs a few years ago (in 2002 "Complicated" sounded at least semi catchy compared to nu metal and the still popular boy band stuff - and before I'd heard it 378945699971 times!).

However, I quickly grew to dislike her - I agree with all that have said she's a "wannabe" punker. Doesn't seem to know or care about any of the original 70's punk or even some of the better, harder 90's/modern bands.

For the record, I don't care if she's pop and not punk, but at least don't pretend to be punk when you're not. I also got annoyed when she mispronounced David Bowie's name, and when asked about it said something like, "I was born in 1984, how would I know who that is?"

Sorry, but that 'before my time' stuff annoys me - gives everyone around her age (myself included!) a bad name.

Speaking of punk, I can't stand Good Charlotte - again, they themselves seem like cool guys (many of these bands do) but that doesn't excuse their music from being repetitive and annoying. Lest not we forget that awful whiny vocals too. ;)

Written By: chaka on 04/17/05 at 8:17 am

Backstreet Boys gone "punk"   :P Sad, but true...

Courtney Love? I bet Avril doesn't even know one song from her former band Hole...  :P Or couldn't tell Courtney Love from Jennifer Love Hewitt.  ::)

Of course she doesn't know who courtney love or hole are!!!
I so f****ng can't stand Avril bitch Lavigne alias fake plastic "punk" chick
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
::)

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 04/17/05 at 8:44 am

How about the Backstreet Boys.  I hear they are turning punk big time.  The Backstreet Boys is a pop group, not a pop-i]punk
or pop-CRUNK group like Good Charlotte and *NSYNC. I wish they'll be theirselves instead of posers.  :\'(

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it. There's no such thing as punk anymore anyway.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/17/05 at 4:13 pm

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it. There's no such thing as punk anymore anyway.

Quite correct. I voted all of the above as they will never be NEARLY as punk as Sid Vicious or G.G. Allin.

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 04/17/05 at 4:51 pm

You read my mind! The enthusiasm of early punk rock is definetly missing in action.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/18/05 at 12:48 am

You read my mind! The enthusiasm of early punk rock is definetly missing in action.

Well, personally I would rather not be bled, urinated, or defecated upon in the audience or hear about necrophilia ( GG Allin ). I also need to hear intelligible and intelligent lyrics ( BOTH ).

That said, all new punk would turn me into GG Allin if I had to listen to it as it is basically aural r*pe and would make me start mutilating myself. Fortunately I don't have to listen to this crap.

Check for new replies or respond here...