inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wisconsin tries to legalize CAT(as in DOMESTIC CAT)hunting....how SICK...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/12/05 at 3:01 pm

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050412080709990012&ncid=NWS00010000000001

This is absolutely DISGUSTING!

Seriously, people who keep cats need to WISE UP and keep them INSIDE!!

to those who say...cats 'like to go outside and it's perfectly okay coz I don't have to clean up a cat box!'

Do you not care if your 'precious' cat gets run over...poisoned....picks up feline leukemia or feline AIDS(yes there is such a thing!)

If you are not willing to CLEAN OUT A LITTERBOX.....get another kind of pet!

Such cruel,cruel idiots that proposed this law.

BTW I am a responsible cat lover...Tika stays inside. That's how it should be.

Subject: Re: Wisconsin tries to legalize CAT(as in DOMESTIC CAT)hunting....how SICK...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/12/05 at 5:52 pm

>:(

That sounds sick!

Subject: Re: Wisconsin tries to legalize CAT(as in DOMESTIC CAT)hunting....how SICK...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/12/05 at 6:41 pm

Yeah....I wonder what warped minds would conjure up such an UGLY...and downright CRUEL law to 'take care' of the stray cat problem....

There is a rescue program in my area that 1)takes in at least SOME of these supposedly 'unwanted' creatures,and,if the cat is sociable enough...places them with DECENT adoptive 'families'

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/12/05 at 6:54 pm

Wisconsin is a backward state, IMHO. I feel sorry for the people living there that are forced to give in to the whims of hunters, as well as the wildlife commission enforcing these rules. Politics always gives hunters a bad name. :(

BTW, if anyone tried to kill a cat, or any pet, they would definitely face a small jail term at the least.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/12/05 at 7:50 pm

D A M N those redneck hicks who want this to be a legal thing....these people have no compassion......

EriN

Written By: Harmonica on 04/12/05 at 7:52 pm

Another fun fact about Wisconsin.

It's home to two the most famous notorious serial Killers of all time.

Jeffrey Dahmer of Millwauke

Ed Gein of Plainfield

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/13/05 at 10:12 am

I feel like vommiting after hearing about this story.  ::)  >:(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/13/05 at 10:15 am

here's a smashing idea.....

why don't they make it freakin legal to go out and hunt down these moronic imbeciles....rid the world of people like them??? LOL!

Erin :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/13/05 at 10:18 am

here's a smashing idea.....

why don't they make it freakin legal to go out and hunt down these moronic imbeciles....rid the world of people like them??? LOL!

Give the cats guns, let them handle it!

http://www.franklyspeakingtheamx.com/dogsniper.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/13/05 at 10:33 am

OMG!!!!!!!!

TOO cute and very funny!

Good one!

Written By: Harmonica on 04/13/05 at 12:31 pm

The real debate is over whether Cats have the right to live or not.

Regardless of masses....I'll vote YES they do.

Written By: Marian on 04/13/05 at 3:09 pm

Wisconsin is a backward state, IMHO. I feel sorry for the people living there that are forced to give in to the whims of hunters, as well as the wildlife commission enforcing these rules. Politics always gives hunters a bad name. :(

BTW, if anyone tried to kill a cat, or any pet, they would definitely face a small jail term at the least.
I would like to know what the animal cops on Animal Planet think of this.It's disghusting.

Written By: Marian on 04/13/05 at 3:12 pm

D A M N those redneck hicks who want this to be a legal thing....these people have no compassion......

EriN
Jeez,could bums be next?

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/13/05 at 3:54 pm

Oh..my..God.
I'm not particularly fond of cats, but that's just wrong. I have a thing against jerks who hunt animals for "sport" too.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/13/05 at 5:48 pm

I'm kinda split on this subject. While I don't believe in the torture or unnecessary killing of animals, it annoys the crap out of me when I (who doesn't have any pets other than some fish) go out into my yard and step in dog & cat crap left there by strays. Or when my kids can't play in the sandbox because the stray cats have used it as a litter box. Or, when they use my cedar playset as a scratching post. If people are going to have pets, they need to keep them on their OWN property....if the don't then they have no right to complain about what happens to them. When I've seen pets who have tags, I HAVE tried calling the authorities and they are about as useful as a square tire. They tell ME to go try to "tie them up until they get here"....uhuh, I don't think so ::)
I honestly think a HUGE part of the solution would be to possibly make it a legal issue...people should be REQUIRED to keep cats INDOORS. If you can't bother with a litterbox...DON'T HAVE A CAT! It's better for the neighborhood,the owner,and most of all THE CAT to be kept indoors out of harm's way. Cats nor dogs do NOT deserve to stay outside for the owner's conveinence...please leash your dog and use a d*mn pooper scooper,and keep Kitty inside,get up off yer duff,and clean the litterbox. It's that simple.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/13/05 at 5:50 pm

Tika wants the first shot at those Wisconsin sickos....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/13/05 at 9:05 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!

TOO cute and very funny!

Good one!

Thanks!  :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/13/05 at 9:23 pm

I would NEVER,under ANY circumstance KNOWINGLY do harm to any animal...especially cats.

I am a cat lover....I think some people don't 'get' cats...I mean their personality...their behavior...and their semi-independence.

I love the way cats show affection....most cats do it softly,gently...and they actually seem greatful after someone feeds them,pets them,plays with them....cats are NOT cold or heartless creatures.

BTW, Tika's seventh birthday is May 1st. I feel honored that she has let me be her 'willing servant'!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/13/05 at 9:25 pm

I would NEVER,under ANY circumstance KNOWINGLY do harm to any animal...especially cats.

I am a cat lover....I think some people don't 'get' cats...I mean their personality...their behavior...and their semi-independence.

I love the way cats show affection....most cats do it softly,gently...and they actually seem greatful after someone feeds them,pets them,plays with them....cats are NOT cold or heartless creatures.

BTW, Tika's seventh birthday is May 1st. I feel honored that she has let me be her 'willing servant'!

On honor of Tika's seventh birthday.... let's go cat hunter hunting!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/13/05 at 9:53 pm

On my route I deliver to a particular restaraunt and found a truck with a bumper sticker that said "I love cats, wanna trade recipes"...I'd like to kick the owners @ss >:( I I hate cat haters :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/13/05 at 11:25 pm

ya...i have seen those nasty bumper stickers......pure redneck humor at it's worst

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/15/05 at 6:09 pm

Any sicko who kills dogs or cats deliberately should do hard time in a BOOT CAMP-style corrections facility!!

BTW please don't associate this NASCAR fan with any of those 'redneck' morons....especially those MotherF***ERS  who would stoop low enough to torment and kill cats!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/15/05 at 6:15 pm

ya...i have seen those nasty bumper stickers......pure redneck humor at it's worst

Ah, but not all rednecks are bad. In fact I can only think of three that give rednecks a bad name :P

Written By: DevoRule on 04/15/05 at 10:20 pm

Hunting for sport is always SICK.  But killing a cat for no reason is no worse than killing a cow for no reason.  SCREW that law!  >:(

Written By: gord on 04/16/05 at 7:39 am

First off I'm not sure if this law is right or not, but they obviously have a problem with these now feral  cats and if their population is left un-checked they will multiply and exhaust their food source, killing off song-birds, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, mice etc, leaving a huge wild cat population starving, sick and diseased. After the small prey animal population is all but gone it will effect the population of natural predators such as wolves, coyotes, foxes, owls, hawks etc. It can take many years to correct these population booms and busts. So I think the law that Wisconsen is proposing has nothing to do with being a cat lover or hater, or to satisfy any blood thirsty hunters, it has to do with wildlife management :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/16/05 at 7:07 pm

Hunting for sport is always SICK. But killing a cat for no reason is no worse than killing a cow for no reason. SCREW that law! >:(
I guess you must think of domestic cats as 'just animals'...I don't. I don't think killing cats is the answer. I wonder if Wisconsin has any 'no-kill' shelters..that would be one answer to the problem. Animal control officers could catch these cats, give them a decent shelter...even if the cats are feral,no kill shelters give these cats a nice,spacious,warm,and clean place to live and food and medical care..

There are also trap-and-neuter/spay programs here in NJ that sterilize ferals so they don't make any more unwanted kittens..

Here is a link to a nationwide organization that saves ferals and advocates for them:http://www.alleycat.org/

Written By: Harmonica on 04/16/05 at 9:09 pm

Hunting for sport is always SICK.  But killing a cat for no reason is no worse than killing a cow for no reason.  SCREW that law!  >:(

Logical or more along the lines of "JUST IS"  "Excuse me sir, would you like some A1 Sauce with your steak?"

Illogical or more along the lines of "JUST IS NOT"  "Excuse me sir, would you like some Heinze 57 with your fried cat?"

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/17/05 at 5:02 pm

On my route I deliver to a particular restaraunt and found a truck with a bumper sticker that said "I love cats, wanna trade recipes"...I'd like to kick the owners @ss >:( I I hate cat haters :P
I bet that person who owned the truck has a dog that they treat like royalty...I'd bet they'd FREAK if a cat lover had an "I love dogs...boy they taste good" bumpersticker on their car,truck,or SUV..

BTW I love both cats and dogs...they both are great pets!

Written By: Tommy Garrox on 04/28/05 at 3:18 am

........they obviously have a problem with these now feral  cats and if their population is left un-checked they will multiply and exhaust their food source, killing off song-birds, ...... etc, leaving a huge wild cat population starving, sick and diseased. .......... it will effect the population of natural predators such as wolves, coyotes, .....etc. ........ So I think the law that Wisconsen is proposing has nothing to do with being a cat lover or hater, or to satisfy any blood thirsty hunters, it has to do with wildlife management :)

not my idea. but feel a few points of agreement especcially for the wildlife management line!

I am a real dog lover. and i commit i am a cat hater. i have no dog at the moment. still a little sad bout my last dog who left me after 8 yrs.
the dog shared my feelings in cat hating (its true we were on 1 line with eachother about cats).
just when a cat entered my property the dog started assault. the cats knew it after a while and dont came back to my property. i think its THE best solution if u dont like cats (its a sort of natural way). but the con about it is that u must have a dog! (have the feeling to have a dog). now i dont have a dog and the cats crawled back to my yard (garden?). i am an animal lover so i dont like to hurt animals either. its just that i dont like some species (in this case it are cats). i tried everything i could come up with. i placed a sort of wooden sticks between the flowers in my garden. it were sticks with a sort of smell wich cats dont like. but they got used to it and the effect was gone (god i missed my dog, still do). but there are solutions available. u only have to look (actually its a bit strange and it should not be neccesairy for anyone to invest 1 penny for keeping away pets that belong to your neighbors or anybody else!). im a logic thinker and i never shut up when i have toughts about something. so i saw a magazine with an amazing system! i went to all the ppl in my closest living place (neigbors etc.) with cats, and showed them the magazine with the anti cat system! ($80 dollars) and collected money from them to buy it (i have money enough off myself. but it was pure for my mind). i know them all very well and they know i would never hurt their pets so they thought it was very nice idea and liked to help. i know have a sort of garden water sprayer in my garden wich shoots water to everything that moves (incl remote to turn on/off). cant wait till the time comes they invent little water canons with webcam and full remote control (should be fun).
this is kind of VERY LONG story. but hope some ppl saw that its possible to find a solution for this kind of problems. if someone reads my whole story....thnx for reading :) greetz, Tommy Garrox
ps: sry for bad english, im dutch and live in holland ;)

Written By: Tommy Garrox on 04/28/05 at 3:28 am

ohw yeh. i started to see the entertaining part of the existence of cats. it is fun now to see cats entering my property and get sprayed with water... real life entertainment  ;D

Written By: texasairman on 04/28/05 at 8:59 am

:oYes, its a sad state of affairs that they want to hunt domestic cats. Here in Texas, the local county traps the stray cats, neuters them, then returns them to the wild. I don't know if you have ever seen the study, but there was one done in London several years ago that showed that the average domestic house cat kills more wildlife than the average hunter. I can attest to that. I woke up one morning to find my cat in the living room with a freshly killed rabbit (we have a pet door for the animals to go in and out on their own). Mostly, tho, the cat would bring in dead mice or rats. But, the point is, that a cat population that is out of control is not good. Its the method of controlling it that is important, and I think the trap and neuter program is the best. You might try proposing that to the proper authorities in Wisconsin. :o :o

Written By: Circus on 04/28/05 at 11:04 am

I had to read that twice to believe it.  What will you tell your child when your angry neighbor shoots their little companion?  What kind of  understanding will they acheive from such a disaster?

Check for new replies or respond here...