inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Fashions

Written By: Drewlinc on 04/13/05 at 12:40 pm

Quick question...is anyone starting to notice the fashion among teens reflecting somewhat "80's" looks?  It seems like the fashion now is becoming all about the different layers and bright colors.  Heh, just an observation...tell me what you think.

Subject: Re: New Fashions

Written By: Kyle on 04/13/05 at 8:10 pm

I think the '80s are starting die in fashion.  Right now I can see that the lastest trends have a great resemblance of what it was in 1998-1999. The "boy-band" look is starting to comeback, hats are turning backwards instead of sideways like in late 2003-2004, and braids and cornrolls are coming back.  For music, rap music is starting to die and Pop-Punk/Adult Contemporary will take it's place.  I also heard we are having a slight comeback from the Great Age of Swing (1936 to 1954) and maybe few of the early '50s.  8) ;) Like it was in 1998.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/14/05 at 2:14 pm

Uh.....I'm in Oklahoma so our fashion is like 7 yrs behind anyway

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 04/14/05 at 4:00 pm

I think the '80s are starting die in fashion.

I don't.

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/14/05 at 4:35 pm

Whatever happens i just hope that people stop wearing logo ridden clothes, it's kinda tacky IMHO.

Written By: Kyle on 04/14/05 at 7:18 pm

Uh.....I'm in Oklahoma so our fashion is like 7 yrs behind anyway

And this is in Minnesota, which is the home to the world famous Mall of America.  Had you ever been there. Not me, and I hope I'll come to see what it has to offer.  ;)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/14/05 at 7:59 pm

And this is in Minnesota, which is the home to the world famous Mall of America.  Had you ever been there. Not me, and I hope I'll come to see what it has to offer.  ;)

I've been there twice, but I was too young to really care about clothes and fashion.

Written By: Kyle on 04/15/05 at 6:50 pm

I've been there twice, but I was too young to really care about clothes and fashion.

What was that like?

Written By: Xer on 04/16/05 at 7:47 am

Actually I've been noticeing it more. I have a 12 year old and she is picking up thingsa that resemble some of the look of the 80's.

Check for new replies or respond here...