inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Memories of the Pope

Written By: Kyle on 04/14/05 at 7:29 pm

I heard that the Pope was a really good man.  He loved children, and he made sure that everybody is supposed to behave the way God intended us to me.  Another thing, he was a really good singer :o; heck he sounded a lot like some of these male opera singers combined with Rick Astley and the voice in the beginning of Justin Timberlake's Cry Me a River.  I'm just a wondering of you have any memories of Pope John Paul II before he started to go downhill.  Anything before the year 2000 for the Pope was tight.

P.S:  I only accept good memories, not the other way around.  I mean ditty (slang for good) ones. ;)  FYI, this is not a religious topic, I'm just talking about the Pope.

Subject: Re: Memories of the Pope

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/14/05 at 7:56 pm

Well the pope's health was a large issue since the early '90s, basically most of my life. But I remember in the mid-late '90s the pope was still walking around, had an easier time speaking, and looked much better. He really went downhill after 2000, like you pointed out, and really couldn't walk at all the last couple years and his speech became more slurred.

Written By: Marian on 04/15/05 at 2:38 pm

I met the pope once, took communion from him, and got to shake his hand when I was in college in Rome.  It was pretty cool 8)
That's cool.I just thought it was cool that a Polish guy got elected.

Written By: Kyle on 04/15/05 at 6:45 pm

I met the pope once, took communion from him, and got to shake his hand when I was in college in Rome.  It was pretty cool 8)

Really!  I wish I was there with you when you got communion.  8) What did the unleavened bread tasted like?

Written By: nally on 04/19/05 at 2:04 pm

I remember when the Pope came to Los Angeles in September 1987. I was seven years old at the time, and in second grade, but I do remember his visit very well. The service at Dodger Stadium, and at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum (?), I watched on TV.

Written By: Kyle on 04/19/05 at 6:37 pm

Unleavened bread....then again, MOST bread in Italy kinda tastes like that ;D

:o

I didn't know that. Maybe it because Italy dosen't supply enough yeast so people will have to live with it unleavened.

Written By: Wilshaw on 04/24/05 at 1:18 pm

im not a religious person but i respected him and his work...all my friends bin makin jokes about it but i aint havin any of it i think he was a great man

Check for new replies or respond here...