inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is the eighties REALLY coming back?

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 3:26 pm

I'd say Option 3. I've noticed the return of synths and some 80s clothes, and also unfortunately conservatism, but other than that they're not REALLY coming back.  Of course, no decade ever has.

Subject: Re: Is the eighties REALLY coming back?

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 3:28 pm

I mean I picked Opt 3 counting from bottom, not top.  The 90s aren't really coming back, thank God! (we just left em!)

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/16/05 at 3:37 pm

I mean I picked Opt 3 counting from bottom, not top.  The 90s aren't really coming back, thank God! (we just left em!)

Let's just hope that in 2010, the 90s don't come back.  I liked the 90s, so I don't want the 2010 teen to ruin the essance of that time.

And as for the 80s....yes they are here!  I'm listening to Felix da Housecat CD and it's electronica that's all 80s beats.  Pretty cool though.  I was 2-11 in 1980-1989, so I don't care for much of what came out of it. 

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/16/05 at 3:38 pm

Is they? I don't know. ARE they? In some ways.

;)

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 3:42 pm

Is they? I don't know. ARE they? In some ways.

;)

;D

One band today IS the eighties: The Killers.  If they aren't synth-pop I don't know what is.

Written By: Bobby on 04/16/05 at 4:16 pm

I said in some ways too. There is a lot of interest in retro at the moment (especially video games, cartoons and styles of music).

Written By: Kyle on 04/16/05 at 4:22 pm

Maybe the late '90s, which we left.  In 1997-early 98 there was some type of an '80s comeback too.  I also have a feeling that we might a comeback from the '40s, 50's, and '60s too.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 4:30 pm

Maybe the late '90s, which we left.  In 1997-early 98 there was some type of an '80s comeback too.  I also have a feeling that we might a comeback from the '40s, 50's, and '60s too.

The late 90s are too much like now.  1990-95/96 are a lot different though.  While I consider 97-99 to be nineties, for sure, I treat them differently than the earlier 90s years when it comes to pop culture.

Check for new replies or respond here...