inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you think about Michael Jackson?

Written By: DevoRule on 04/21/05 at 6:16 pm

I'd say "Don't Care".  I barely consider him human.

Subject: Re: What do you think about Michael Jackson?

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/21/05 at 6:18 pm

Other: Send him back to his home planet.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/21/05 at 6:20 pm

The Planet of the Apes?  ;D

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/21/05 at 6:22 pm

I voted for burn in hell but after I voted I rethought about it and decided that wasn't a good answer (I do that a lot) Anyway.... Nobody should burn in hell and I don't wish that for anybody but I can't say I like the man either. Sure I've grooved to Smooth Criminal more than once and I joke around about Michael with my brother all the time but seriously now how blind can you be to think that the guy is innocent?

Written By: DevoRule on 04/21/05 at 6:25 pm

I voted for burn in hell but after I voted I rethought about it and decided that wasn't a good answer (I do that a lot) Anyway.... Nobody should burn in hell and I don't wish that for anybody but I can't say I like the man either. Sure I've grooved to Smooth Criminal more than once and I joke around about Michael with my brother all the time but seriously now how blind can you be to think that the guy is innocent?

I don't like the alien myself, but I don't feel comtempt about him simply because I don't think of him as a rational mind.  Hence "Don't Care". 

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/21/05 at 6:32 pm

The Planet of the Apes?  ;D

I think Michael is evolving into some kind of alien like creature. Seriously though, I really dislike the jerk, he's a liar, freak, sicko, etc. etc. Even his fans must admit, the guy has some serious issues. I mean come on, He's a 46 year old guy that likes to sleep and play with 12 year olds, obviously he has some problems. And I don't buy the vitiligo crap either, considering all the other changes he's made to himself (nose, cheeks, mouth, chin, jaw, etc.), I think he has purposely tried to transform himself into peter pan, he has said he thinks he's peter pan (what a freak). I think he should be locked into somekind of maximum security mental institution.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/21/05 at 6:36 pm

I think Michael is evolving into some kind of alien like creature. Seriously though, I really dislike the jerk, he's a liar, freak, sicko, etc. etc. Even his fans must admit, the guy has some serious issues. I mean come on, He's a 46 year old guy that likes to sleep and play with 12 year olds, obviously he has some problems. And I don't buy the vitiligo crap either, considering all the other changes he's made to himself (nose, cheeks, mouth, chin, jaw, etc.), I think he has purposely tried to transform himself into peter pan, he has said he thinks he's peter pan (what a freak). I think he should be locked into somekind of maximum security mental institution.

I think the childhood thing might of  been a coverup at first but I think it's gotten to his head.  He's definitely mentally ill, but that doesn't mean he's not responsible for his actions.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/21/05 at 6:42 pm

he has obvious issues. he's like any celebrity, i care not for any of them.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/21/05 at 7:24 pm

I put " dislike him ". I stopped short of him burning in hell because my own personal hell would be an eternity of young children singing the song " It's a Small World ". So, if I am correct on Hell that is no place for Michael Jackson to go ( he has Neverland for the children- His Heaven, their Hell ). ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/21/05 at 7:27 pm

Send him to one of the Catagory A Prisons over here.

There is a special treatment for Nonces (Not of Normal Criminal Element). Razor Blades to the face and then boiling water with sugar in it. The sugar caramalises inside the cuts and.. well it isn't pretty.

Another favourite is the 'Chelsea Smile' where the corners of the mouth are sliced through.. so.. well.. again it's not pleasent.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/21/05 at 7:29 pm

I put " dislike him ". I stopped short of him burning in hell because my own personal hell would be an eternity of young children singing the song " It's a Small World ". So, if I am correct on Hell that is no place for Michael Jackson to go ( he has Neverland for the children- His Heaven, their Hell ). ;D

;D

There is a special treatment for Nonces (Not of Normal Criminal Element). Razor Blades to the face and then boiling water with sugar in it. The sugar caramalises inside the cuts and.. well it isn't pretty.

Another favourite is the 'Chelsea Smile' where the corners of the mouth are sliced through.. so.. well.. again it's not pleasent.

You into the gory stuff Alk?  ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/21/05 at 7:30 pm

;D

You into the gory stuff Alk?  ;)

For him... of course.

Of course.. I'd like to get him in the ring against me. Now that would be PAY PER VIEW material  ;D

'Ohmygod, he's ripped Michaels skin off.. and.. oh.. oh good lord, in my 30 years in the business i have never seen anybody have there nose ripped off and pushed through there asophagus.'  ;D ;D

Written By: whitewolf on 04/21/05 at 7:31 pm

I put don't care, I don't like him as a person but I still like his songs.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/21/05 at 7:49 pm

If he's guilty....http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/angry/saburn.gif

If not found guilty.....http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/angry/saburn.gif

Written By: Dagwood on 04/21/05 at 8:02 pm

I went with dislike.  To me hate is a bad word and I try not to use it pertaining to other human beings.  Of course, it is a strong dislike. 

Written By: Woops (Unlogged) on 04/21/05 at 8:55 pm

Don't care...

Though I  like a couple songs from the '80's & from The Jackson 5.

He's just another overrated  artist that became a nutcase like Madonna, but far worse.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/21/05 at 8:58 pm

must've put the dictionary away....it's esophagus ;)

I was useing it as a illegal object against Michael.  ::)

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/21/05 at 8:59 pm

Down below is how much I care:

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/22/05 at 5:28 am

I try and stay out of controversial topics, but I guess in 300+ posts, you know I'm a pretty nice guy!!

Anyway, I believe he's always been a little "weird" yet it didn't overtake him until the mid 90's (well, it kicked into gear when he became white, LOL). In short, I like some of his songs - I've heard 'Thriller' & 'Bad' songs my whole life almost - but the person himself is another story.

In a way, I do feel sorry for him because (a) he didn't really get to have a "childhood" and (b) to top it off, his dad was a bit of a jerk from what I know. I think that's why he's the way he is today and why he likes to hang around kids - to relive his own childhood. The scary thing is that he's so "used" to it that he's lost touch with reality and doesn't realize there's something wrong with having a 9 yr old boy sleeping in his bed or whatnot.

(NOTE: Has he ever actually maintained friendships with these boys after they hit puberty? ;D )

Seriously though, I can support if he wants to help kids out. I can support him being in Peter Pan mode (hell, I'm an 8 y/o at heart myself much of the time!!). What I don't support is almost everything he's done in that regard for the last 10 years - he's creepy and if I had a little brother or a son, I wouldn't want the guy around them!

Written By: DevoRule on 04/22/05 at 2:20 pm

I try and stay out of controversial topics, but I guess in 300+ posts, you know I'm a pretty nice guy!!

Anyway, I believe he's always been a little "weird" yet it didn't overtake him until the mid 90's (well, it kicked into gear when he became white, LOL). In short, I like some of his songs - I've heard 'Thriller' & 'Bad' songs my whole life almost - but the person himself is another story.

In a way, I do feel sorry for him because (a) he didn't really get to have a "childhood" and (b) to top it off, his dad was a bit of a jerk from what I know. I think that's why he's the way he is today and why he likes to hang around kids - to relive his own childhood. The scary thing is that he's so "used" to it that he's lost touch with reality and doesn't realize there's something wrong with having a 9 yr old boy sleeping in his bed or whatnot.

(NOTE: Has he ever actually maintained friendships with these boys after they hit puberty? ;D )

Seriously though, I can support if he wants to help kids out. I can support him being in Peter Pan mode (hell, I'm an 8 y/o at heart myself much of the time!!). What I don't support is almost everything he's done in that regard for the last 10 years - he's creepy and if I had a little brother or a son, I wouldn't want the guy around them!

Agreed 100%. I dislike him and respect him as a human being at the same time.  While I think he's a freak, he is a sentient being (probably  ;D ) and imo all sentient beings are worthy of respect.  But I wouldn't have a beer with MJ, he'd probably molest me!

:D

Written By: Marian on 04/22/05 at 2:53 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/22/05 at 8:44 pm

I like him for his music but as a person, I'd think twice before associating myself with him

Written By: joedeertae on 04/23/05 at 10:56 am

dislike him. I think he's a nutball and he ain't right in the head.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/23/05 at 12:59 pm

He is a gifted singer, dancer, songwriter, and showman, but he is very, very sick.  His eccentricities were cute in the '80, but now they are pathological and disgusting.  I have sympathy for his mental illness, but his behavior and alleged transgressions make the man (man?) impossible to "like."

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 4:29 pm

He is a gifted singer, dancer, songwriter, and showman, but he is very, very sick.  His eccentricities were cute in the '80, but now they are pathological and disgusting.  I have sympathy for his mental illness, but his behavior and alleged transgressions make the man (man?) impossible to "like."
He's a washed up has been who was a good dancer. He's also:
Cocky: Showing up late for court and then showing up in pajama bottoms. He shows NO remorse for what he's done...he spit on the memory of John Lennon and George Harrison as well as disrespecting Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr for using the songs THEY wrote, in commercials....KNOWING they never wanted them used for ads.

A greedy wuss who thinks the World should ALL bow at his feet because he's rich. I'm VERY happy he can't take all his money with him when he dies...he's already morally "Bankrupt"

Written By: Robbo on 04/23/05 at 7:58 pm

C'mon rock fan. You've gotta get off this Beatles catalogue crap. The catalogue was owned by many different people before it feel into the hands of Michael Jackson. Paul never even tried to buy it. Michael even rang Paul and asked said he heard the Beatles cataloue was on auction, and asked if Paul was going for it. Paul said no, so Michael saw no harm in him going for it. It was, what, 20 years ago. Get off it! Michael doesn't even own the Beatles catalogue anymore, it's co-owned by Sony.
Also, do your research and find out how many other artist's song royalties, Paul owns. Do you wish Paul McCartney would burn in hell because he owns Buddy Holly's catalogue? Is Paul McCartney spitting on the memory of one of the greatest Rock n Roller's of all-time, Buddy Holly?

Alot of you have said Joe (Michael's dad) is a jerk, he molested his kids, etc. He did not molest his kids. Latoya was the only person who said she was molested by Joe, but just look at Latoya. What the hell is she? She doesn't deserve to be a member of the Jackson family. I don't think many of the Jackson associate with her much anymore. The Jackson's are Jehova's Witnesses, and things like strip clubs, prostitution, all the things Latoya has involved herself in, are frowned upon.
Joe is an amazing guy. He might have been a very controlling, short-tempered father, and he might have done some things he'll live to regret (bashing his son's), but you forgive and forget. The most beautiful thing, I ever saw in my whole life, was when Joe went with Michael to court a while back. Joe was so, so, so proud of Michael. He held his own son up with the most respect. There's a very beautiful, powerful, and moving picture of Joe and Michael at court, and Joe has grabbed Michael's arm and held it up high in the air. It's magical. That's what a father and son should be like.

The Jackson family have made mistakes. They've sometimes put money first, before family. But I've noticed, since this trial started, that they've learnt to forgive and forget. They know that Michael is innocent, and they're gonna stand by their man. It's a beautiful thing to see this family together.

I see Michael Jackson as an artist, and what he does as his artistry. Ever new album he tries to recreate himself, and it's a very amazing thing. His look, for each album, suits the album's contents enormously. People will never understand Michael Jackson, if they can't understand his artistry.
I also see Michael Jackson as a victim. Call him a freak, a weirdo, a whacko, in the end they all mean the same thing, different. Different is the opposite of normal. But what is normal. Are the people who wish Michael to go to hell normal? Are the paparazzi who destroy his life normal? Are the journalists who make up lies about Michael, in order to destory his life, normal? Are the prosecutors who prosecute Michael for things he never did, normal?
If that's normal, than could you blame anyone for being different?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 8:28 pm

C'mon rock fan. You've gotta get off this Beatles catalogue crap. The catalogue was owned by many different people before it feel into the hands of Michael Jackson. Paul never even tried to buy it. Michael even rang Paul and asked said he heard the Beatles cataloue was on auction, and asked if Paul was going for it. Paul said no, so Michael saw no harm in him going for it. It was, what, 20 years ago. Get off it! Michael doesn't even own the Beatles catalogue anymore, it's co-owned by Sony.
Also, do your research and find out how many other artist's song royalties, Paul owns. Do you wish Paul McCartney would burn in hell because he owns Buddy Holly's catalogue? Is Paul McCartney spitting on the memory of one of the greatest Rock n Roller's of all-time, Buddy Holly?

Alot of you have said Joe (Michael's dad) is a jerk, he molested his kids, etc. He did not molest his kids. Latoya was the only person who said she was molested by Joe, but just look at Latoya. What the hell is she? She doesn't deserve to be a member of the Jackson family. I don't think many of the Jackson associate with her much anymore. The Jackson's are Jehova's Witnesses, and things like strip clubs, prostitution, all the things Latoya has involved herself in, are frowned upon.
Joe is an amazing guy. He might have been a very controlling, short-tempered father, and he might have done some things he'll live to regret (bashing his son's), but you forgive and forget. The most beautiful thing, I ever saw in my whole life, was when Joe went with Michael to court a while back. Joe was so, so, so proud of Michael. He held his own son up with the most respect. There's a very beautiful, powerful, and moving picture of Joe and Michael at court, and Joe has grabbed Michael's arm and held it up high in the air. It's magical. That's what a father and son should be like.

The Jackson family have made mistakes. They've sometimes put money first, before family. But I've noticed, since this trial started, that they've learnt to forgive and forget. They know that Michael is innocent, and they're gonna stand by their man. It's a beautiful thing to see this family together.

I see Michael Jackson as an artist, and what he does as his artistry. Ever new album he tries to recreate himself, and it's a very amazing thing. His look, for each album, suits the album's contents enormously. People will never understand Michael Jackson, if they can't understand his artistry.
I also see Michael Jackson as a victim. Call him a freak, a weirdo, a whacko, in the end they all mean the same thing, different. Different is the opposite of normal. But what is normal. Are the people who wish Michael to go to hell normal? Are the paparazzi who destroy his life normal? Are the journalists who make up lies about Michael, in order to destory his life, normal? Are the prosecutors who prosecute Michael for things he never did, normal?
If that's normal, than could you blame anyone for being different?
McCartney wouldn't go against Buddy's wishes by sucking money off his catalog by using them in commercials. Flit Boy KNEW The Beatles never wanted thier songs in ads...and HE used them anyway, long before Sony aquired the rights. And yes, I'll call him a greedy jerk who disrespects a court of law by wearing PJ's and showing up late. I just am happy that he can't take his millions with him when he dies and will have to face God to answer for his being morally bankrupt. Him going to hell is not my decision...I think God will be the judge of that ;)

Written By: Robbo on 04/23/05 at 10:41 pm

McCartney wouldn't go against Buddy's wishes by sucking money off his catalog by using them in commercials. Flit Boy KNEW The Beatles never wanted thier songs in ads...and HE used them anyway, long before Sony aquired the rights. And yes, I'll call him a greedy jerk who disrespects a court of law by wearing PJ's and showing up late. I just am happy that he can't take his millions with him when he dies and will have to face God to answer for his being morally bankrupt. Him going to hell is not my decision...I think God will be the judge of that ;)

So you seriously want Michael Jackson to go to hell? There's people who kill thousands, there's terroists, there's murderers, there's paparazzi, and yet Michael Jackson deserves to go to hell.
My my, you are messed up.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/05 at 10:44 pm

So you seriously want Michael Jackson to go to hell? There's people who kill thousands, there's terroists, there's murderers, there's paparazzi, and yet Michael Jackson deserves to go to hell.
My my, you are messed up.
Way to ignore all the rest! No, I just believe in God to do the right thing...IF he's "Really" guilty....as for the rest of my post...hmmm....holy ignore?

Written By: DevoRule on 04/24/05 at 6:45 pm

Way to ignore all the rest! No, I just believe in God to do the right thing...IF he's "Really" guilty....as for the rest of my post...hmmm....holy ignore?

I don't believe in Hell, but I'm if He's out there he'd do the right thing with MJ, whatever that is  ;)

Me, I think he's a freak.  If there's a Hell I can't say myself if he really deserves it (although I don't there is, I will post my reasons at the Politics board briefly) but he's not in for good.  ;)

Written By: Robbo on 04/24/05 at 7:29 pm

Jehovah's Witnesses my butt.  If you knew ANYTHING about the JW's, you'd realize that they're not even close.  What's the difference between strip clubs and looking at porn?  JW's do not allow either.  Drinking?  Not allowed.  Plastic Surgery?  Nope, not allowed either.  Celebrating holidays/birthdays?  Nope, they're out too.  If they're JW's, I'm a nun :D

Katherine is a cold hard JW's. Michael said he isn't a JW's any more, just a practising christian.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/24/05 at 8:09 pm

Katherine is a cold hard JW's. Michael said he isn't a JW's any more, just a practising christian.
Christian? I hope he learns how to show remorse and repent for his sins...if anything he's a great actor...he can "Fool" his blind fans but he won't be able to fool God ;)

Written By: Woops (Electric Youth) on 04/24/05 at 9:30 pm

What about Joe Jackson, nobody ever talk about him anymore?  ???  :D  8)

"Is She Really Going Out With Him" & "Steppin' Out" are classica  8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/24/05 at 9:32 pm

What about Joe Jackson, nobody ever talk about him anymore?  ???  :D  8)

"Is She Really Going Out With Him" & "Steppin' Out" are classica  8)
;D Thank the Lord thier not related...Joe has true talent ;)

Written By: Robbo on 04/26/05 at 12:48 am

If only Katherine is a JW, then why did you make it seem like EVERYONE in the family is?  I just luv how people say things like they're gospel, but when proven wrong, the story changes ::)

Katherine isn't he only one. I meant she is the most respecful, if you like, to her religion. Michael is the only person who has said he doesn't follow the JW religion anymore. He said he doesn't constrict himself to one religion, his just simply a practising christian.

Written By: Carrie on 04/26/05 at 1:36 am

I think he has some mental problems (obviously). What though, I don't know. He needs help. Once Thriller came out his life changed so much, and it is like something changed with him. About from that album on he gradually started to get weirder and weirder.

I don't know if anyone watches the show Robot Chicken in Adult Swim on Cartoon Network but they had a pretty funny bit on him that the 'real" Michael Jackson was abducted by aliens in 1986 (it was part of the whole thing with his hair catching on fire in the Pepsi commercial... it was all part of the plan to abduct him) and replaced by the Michael we have now. Could explain a lot... ;D

Written By: Robbo on 04/26/05 at 3:03 am

if you wont my honest opinion, here it is.
Michael Jackson has a very creative mind.He is also a perfectionist. He writes hundreds of songs for each album and picks just 10 or so. He is so hard on himself. He spends nights on end perfecting a track.
Michael Jackson, always pushed himself to be more and more creative. He was always digging into the creative potential of his mind. I guess he dug to far. At first, this hunger to create something more innovative than anything ever done before, resulted in great things. The Thriller album , the Thriller video, USA for Africa. But because Thriller was such a creative album, he pushed himself to be even more creative on his next album. He sort of touched on the creative extent of the human mind when he made the Moonwalker film. Perhaps, not in a good way, but he did touch on the extent of the human mind none the less. I mean, the film starts off as a video montage of all his video's since the Jackson 5. Then it shows Michael running from these crazy people trying to get his autograph, and then he runs into these crazy cowboys who try and shoot him down, and then he runs into the paparazzi. Then he dresses up as a bunny and gets on a motorbike and rides away from the paparazzi. Then he takes the suit off, and the suit transform into a bunny, and Michael and the bunny have a dance-off. Then Michael gets fined because there's a sign saying no dancing. Then it goes into the "Leave Me Alone" video, then it goes into this scene, where Michael is at Neverland with some kids and he walks on a secret, underground experiment to get all kid all over the world high. Then he tries to save the world while the people runnign this secret experiment try to chase him down and kill him. In the process he transforms into a car, and a robot. Then he saves the world, and goes and sings a song on stage. It's a really bizarre movie. But, if you try, you can work out what it's all about. The thing is, Michael demostrated the message he is trying to convey, in such a perculiar way. The Moonwalker video was so creative, yet so bizarre. I think Michael just wanted to do things in a way that people weren't ready for yet, and which people didn't understand. No-one realy understands Moonwalker, accept for him.
I like Michael Jackson. I like his music, I like his dancing, I like his videos, I like his performing, I like him. I am drawn to the whole concept of crossing the line from genius to bizarro. It's mystifying. What Michael has done over the years, is so creative, so unbelievably creative. No-one understands it, except him and his fans. You've got to understand the man before you can understand the music.
Those who don't know Michael Jackson, can't understand him. And those who do know him, can't explain him. He's a mystifyer, he's an artist who dared to touch on the creative potential of the human mind. I love him. He's funny, he's talented, he's eccentric, he's, he's just IT.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/26/05 at 3:47 am

I like your words Robbo, and agree with you.

Nasty speculators have absolutely no right whatsoever to incriminate this person till firm, concrete evidence and actual  FACT  has been established, and not just from individuals who got booted from his employ, or assh0le parents who want to make a mint from him, so put their kids forward to befriend him, then start throwing phony accusations, so they can cash in.

They are the ones who need locking up.

If however he IS guilty of any wrongdoing towards children, then Hells bells, he should be severely punished for it, of course.

Written By: Gis on 04/26/05 at 4:42 am

I have one word to say and that word is FREAK !

Written By: Robbo on 04/26/05 at 6:07 am

Nasty speculators have absolutely no right whatsoever to incriminate this person till firm, concrete evidence and actual  FACT  has been established, and not just from individuals who got booted from his employ, or assh0le parents who want to make a mint from him, so put their kids forward to befriend him, then start throwing phony accusations, so they can cash in.

If however he IS guilty of any wrongdoing towards children, then Hells bells, he should be severely punished for it, of course.

Wow. I absolutely agree with everything you said. Well said.

Written By: Carrie on 04/26/05 at 7:23 am

Agreed, very well put.
The media is very vicious. I know from my own personal experience in my town. I can only slightly imagine what he is going through. The problem is, they have tried and convicted him before his trial has even started. Thanks to the media of course. There may be evidence against him, but there is also a lot of people out to get him and take advantage of him. Also, we aren't the jury, we don't hear everything. Only the nastiness the media wants us to hear. I really wanna be fair here and let the jury decide, not let the media decide for us. Innocent until proven guilty does not exist anymore.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/26/05 at 7:49 am

Yeah I really can't stand the way he's been slated right from the outset of this trial. He was branded guilty (and a filthy peedo) long before they even went to court, and that's shocking.

Have you noticed it's always the people who think he's a freak, or who can't stand his music that are slagging him off, and branding him guilty.

I'm trying to stay objective, but whatever the outcome I'll always remember him for the listening pleasure he's given me right back to when he was with the Jackson 5...and is there anyone of his detractors, who isn't more than just slightly impressed with his funky dancing   ;D

Written By: chaka on 04/26/05 at 9:50 am

hmmm....WEIRD!

Written By: whitewolf on 04/26/05 at 5:17 pm

Yeah I really can't stand the way he's been slated right from the outset of this trial. He was branded guilty (and a filthy peedo) long before they even went to court, and that's shocking.

Have you noticed it's always the people who think he's a freak, or who can't stand his music that are slagging him off, and branding him guilty.

I'm trying to stay objective, but whatever the outcome I'll always remember him for the listening pleasure he's given me right back to when he was with the Jackson 5...and is there anyone of his detractors, who isn't more than just slightly impressed with his funky dancing   ;D

I think he is guilty and I love his music, I even tried to learn the moonwalk when it first came out. I still even have his tapes. His music is great.

Check for new replies or respond here...