inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does Taylor Dayne deserve a comeback?

Written By: Sick of Britney on 04/21/05 at 8:41 pm

Seriously, what have she done in the last 10 years? Could anybody write up an update?

Saw her on a VH1 special and I heard bits of her latest song, forgot title, and it's OK. A possibility of 1 to a million.

Though she has a great voice.  :)  8)

Subject: Re: Does Taylor Dayne deserve a comeback?

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/22/05 at 5:20 am

Having just watched Taylor's Remaking episode on VH1 last night, I'd say she deserves it (always liked her stuff more than, say Tiffany or even Debbie Gibson). The chances of it are about 50/50.

Her new single "Right Now" has a very 2005-ish upbeat dance/urban pop-rock sound to it, and her look was updated too, so I think she could definitely get some airplay and possibly a video, but maybe not a full-fledged comeback (hope I'm wrong about the latter though!).

But hey, with the 80's sound slowly coming back into style more than even a year ago, the odds might be a little more in her favor (plus, since alot of music is youth oriented now, it helps -- to potential radio stations, MTV etc -- that she still looks really young).

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/22/05 at 8:14 am

no

Written By: Sick of Britney on 04/22/05 at 8:08 pm

What we need today: Real Talent.  8)

Though I also like Deborah Gibson.

"Naked" would've been a hit if Adult Contemporary or Top 40  stations were to give her a chance. The same with "M.Y.O.B." a few years ago.

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/22/05 at 8:39 pm

I hope she gets another chance, I like the way she sings.

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/23/05 at 6:17 pm

Yes, and so does Anita Baker, Alison Moyet, and Pat Benatar.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 11:09 pm

I absolutely loved her voice!

Erin :)

Written By: tv on 04/02/07 at 11:25 pm

I saw this topic a while ago while I was going through the list of topics from a long time ago. Anyway, I think Taylor Daynre would fit in well with todays scene since there are so many Pop/R&b singers in 2007 that are on the charts like Omarion, Lolyd, Ne-Yo, and Robin Thicke. Hey, Taylor back in the day fit was to able to fit in with the Bobby Browns and George Michael's of the world.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/03/07 at 6:58 pm

Bring nack Taylor Dayne and Anastacia !!!!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/03/07 at 10:04 pm

Sure, why not ?

Check for new replies or respond here...