inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New info on Janet's new album!

Written By: Robbo on 04/24/05 at 7:26 pm

From Allhiphop.com:

http://www.musikbase.de/images/groups/janet-jackson.jpg

Janet Jackson's follow-up to 2004's Damita Jo is nearing completion. With Janet's partner, US rapper/producer Jermaine Dupri, the driving force behind the album and co-producing most of the tracks, "True Lies" will focus very heavily on hard beats and addictive baselines much like Dupri's previous work. In a recent interview Janet said that this album will focus on getting certain messages about her life accross and the issues surrounding her family.
The amount of publicity that Janet's elder brother is getting surrounding his recent courtcase is just adding to the emotion and feeling that is going into the appropriately titled "True Lies". When asked about the content of the album, Janet said "Although we are only in the half-way stage of the recording process, I do feel that this is my most personal record to date and I want people to know the truth, finally."
With other album guest appearances by Houston, Chingy, R Kelly, P Diddy and a very special duet with Stevie Wonder, "True Lies" promises to be a defining moment in Janet's long career. Rumoured tracks for the album include a sultry RnB track called "Guilty Pleasure", a sexually charged "The Right Way", an anti-media stand for Micheal Jackson on "Tell Them Why" and a rumoured first single "Hold On" which is said to be one of Janet's finest tracks ever. The full rumoured tracklisting and a list of producers are below;

"Hold On"
"Guilty Pleasure"
"The Right Way"
"Tell Them Why" (featuring Houston & Chingy)
"Charged"
"Take It Back"
"Kiss"
"When We Were" (featuring Stevie Wonder)
"My One"
"Rated"
"Question Me"
"Never Again"

Subject: Re: New info on Janet's new album!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/24/05 at 7:27 pm

:\'( she's making a new album?

Written By: Dagwood on 04/24/05 at 7:27 pm

Does this mean another 'wardrobe malfunction' is in our near future?

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/24/05 at 7:29 pm

Dear God! I hope not....  :(

Written By: Robbo on 04/24/05 at 7:32 pm

Oh c'mon guys, give the poor girl a break. Damito Joe was a bomb, a huge bomb! Ture Lies, is class. You'll love it. It's better than any pop punk, or any mainstream crap that's being shoved on the shelves these days!

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/24/05 at 7:36 pm

I'll stick to my pop punk. XD

Written By: Robbo on 04/24/05 at 7:42 pm

I'll stick to my pop punk. XD

How can you listen to that ish?

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/24/05 at 7:42 pm

The same way you listen to Janet Jackson.

Written By: Robbo on 04/24/05 at 7:45 pm

The same way you listen to Janet Jackson.

You can't say that Simple Plan, Good Charlotte or any of these wannabe Green Day bands are better than a chick that comes from one of the most talented musical families, and who's had a lifetime of experience behind her.

Written By: whitewolf on 04/24/05 at 7:48 pm

never really liked her in the 80s (except for a few songs) so I probably won't like her now.

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/24/05 at 7:50 pm

You can't say that Simple Plan, Good Charlotte or any of these wannabe Green Day bands are better than a chick that comes from one of the most talented musical families, and who's had a lifetime of experience behind her.

At least they can play instruments.  :)

Written By: Robbo on 04/24/05 at 8:00 pm

At least they can play instruments.  :)

So? How does that make them better than any solo singer? Does that make Simple Plan better than Aretha Franklin, David Bowie, Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, Lionel Richie, Madonna, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Michael Jackson? NO WAY!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/24/05 at 8:05 pm

;D ;)

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/24/05 at 8:22 pm

So? How does that make them better than any solo singer? Does that make Simple Plan better than Aretha Franklin, David Bowie, Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, Lionel Richie, Madonna, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Michael Jackson? NO WAY!!!

I don't listen to Simple Plan, I've never even heard a song by them and the only OK artist you named out of those was Michael Jackson and he started going downhill after Thriller.  Besides most pop/r&b stars can't even write a freakin' tune or lyric by themselves.

Written By: Sick of Britney on 04/24/05 at 9:22 pm

It'll flop.

Hey, atleast she doesn't have kids.  :)

Written By: Robbo on 04/24/05 at 9:27 pm

It'll flop.

Hey, atleast she doesn't have kids.  :)

Who cares if it flops. Big problem with music these days is artists care too much about how well the album will sell.It's not about selling millions, it's about making great music. I don't care is Janet or Michael never have a #1 album again, as long as they keep making great music. True, compared to Michael, Janet's nuthin, but compared to Britney, she's a genius.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/24/05 at 9:30 pm

Who cares if it flops. Big problem with music these days is artists care too much about how well the album will sell.It's not about selling millions, it's about making great music. I don't care is Janet or Michael never have a #1 album again, as long as they keep making great music. True, compared to Michael, Janet's nuthin, but compared to Britney, she's a genius.
Um...you always rant about "Thriller" being the best selling LP ever! Just more flip-flop from a flit-boy lover ::) BTW, I like Janet much better :)

Written By: Robbo on 04/24/05 at 9:36 pm

Um...you always rant about "Thriller" being the best selling LP ever! Just more flip-flop from a flit-boy lover ::) BTW, I like Janet much better :)

Who cares. It's a great accomplishment for an artist to make the biggest selling LP ever, but personally, I don't like Thriller. The music on Thriller is no where as good as the music on Dangerous or Blood On The Dancefloor, or anything since 2001.

Give In To Me
Who Is It
Will You Be There
Stranger In Moscow
Blood On The Dance Floor
Morphine
Is It Scary
In The Back
Whatever Happens
Beautiful Girl
The Way You Love Me
We've Had Enough

^ All better than anything on Thriller, with the exception of Billie Jean, and maybe Human Nature and Lady in My life.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/05 at 11:06 pm

The only song I liked by her was "Black Cat"

EriN :)

Check for new replies or respond here...