inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Military Rock Band?

Written By: Everlong on 04/26/05 at 10:47 pm

That's right, the military has a rock band.  And... they came to my high school today to perform.  I got a ticket from my friend, and got to see them.

They were phenomenal.  And not because of the singers- they're all right, they have two, a guy and a girl, and the girl's okay, but the guy's really cheesy in that 'I thrust my hips and rub myself, lookatmelookatme', but their LEAD GUITARIST.  Is the band.  He is AWESOME.

They played about six modern songs- some Gwen Stefani, Velvet Revolver- and the lead guitarist always found an opportunity to play a great solo.  Then they played Fire by Jimi Hendrix and Rock n' Roll by Led Zeppelin. 

This guy's probably better than ANY contemporary rock guitarist of his age group, and it's a shame that nobody knows about him.  The girls at my school went crazy over him, of course, because he plays an instrument and is semi-gorgeous.

Subject: Re: Military Rock Band?

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/26/05 at 10:55 pm

Interesting..I'd be interested to know more about this cat. Even if he is a tool.

Check for new replies or respond here...