inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Next State to Impose Daylight Savings Time

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/29/05 at 11:43 am

DST in Indiana will start in 2006. :)

Subject: Re: The Next State to Impose Daylight Savings Time

Written By: Marian on 04/29/05 at 3:27 pm

Why would Hawaii need daylight savings Time?

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/29/05 at 3:28 pm

I didn't know anything about that....weird ???  I also read that all calendars are supposed to change by 2006

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/29/05 at 5:00 pm

So they'll have more Republicans in the state? ;D
Why would Hawaii need daylight savings Time?

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/29/05 at 6:08 pm

Imposing DST in Indiana is a travesty.  it is amazing that the Indiana Legislature has nothing better to do with its time than to impose this draconian practice.

They say that is is "needed for job growth".  Horse feathers.  Up here in South Bend and Elkhart, we have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the USA, and we have the highest % of the workforce in manufacturing of ANY metro area in the USA.  Proof positive that DST is not necessary for a healthy economy.

The real reason for the change?  The new governer and his cronies are "embarassed" that Indiana looks like a state full of hayseeds because we do not change the clocks in some areas.

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/29/05 at 6:34 pm

I think we need to change the state Constitution so that the House and Senate has to have a 2/3s majority to pass a bill like other states. I wouldn't consider DST in Indiana a travesty, but I feel that more important issues like education, Social Security and police brutality have been put on the back burner. We'll just have to see if DST will help with the state economy. I don't believe we'll ever get over our hayseed reputation. :-\\ 
Imposing DST in Indiana is a travesty.  it is amazing that the Indiana Legislature has nothing better to do with its time than to impose this draconian practice.

They say that is is "needed for job growth".  Horse feathers.  Up here in South Bend and Elkhart, we have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the USA, and we have the highest % of the workforce in manufacturing of ANY metro area in the USA.  Proof positive that DST is not necessary for a healthy economy.

The real reason for the change?  The new governer and his cronies are "embarassed" that Indiana looks like a state full of hayseeds because we do not change the clocks in some areas.

Written By: Climber on 04/30/05 at 1:29 am

I didn't know anything about that....weird ???  I also read that all calendars are supposed to change by 2006

Change to what?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/30/05 at 3:52 am

Lets divert the attention and resources from those that actually need it. While It makes sense have the same time throughout (eg: 2 towns side by side right on the border, one in 1 state, the other town in the other. But both towns are in different time zones during half the year.) ...this legislation just seems ridiculous.

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/30/05 at 11:40 am

Change to what?

I'm not for sure, but I think it's supposed to add another 2 weeks in every year in 2006, and we're supposed to have the leap years extended to every 6 or 8 years instead of four.  I read it in our daily newspaper, but I can't find it on the net.

Check for new replies or respond here...