inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Airbus A380 first flight happened this past Wednesday...ONE AWESOME JET!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/29/05 at 6:59 pm

I don't know if any of you follow aviation/aircraft news...The Airbus A380's maiden flight happened on Wednesday...this superliner performed 'flawlessly' according to the flight crew..I was on their website,and there were TONS of positive posts there,from pilots AND prospective PASSENGERS...myself included. Already airports such as Kennedy International and San Francisco are getting ready for this giant airliner.

And as usual,the naysayers are saying 'this is not gonna be successful'....
But they said that about many aircraft advances-the Boeing 707 and 747 included-and those became world-class airliners...as much of Airbus products now are.

Several airlines have placed orders for the A380...while Boeing is developing a MIDRANGE airliner..rather than upgrading the 747-400. Boeing had better be concerned about what Airbus is doing..

progress is PROGRESS in aviation. Lead,follow,or get out of the way.

Good luck Airbus,and congratulations.

Subject: Re: Airbus A380 first flight happened this past Wednesday...ONE AWESOME JET!!

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/30/05 at 11:49 am

The A380 IS an awesome plane.  I hope to fly on one next year when I go to England.  Airbus kicks Boeing's @ss anyday.  I read that the A380 will put the 747 out of commission by 2009.

Subject: Re: Airbus A380 first flight happened this past Wednesday...ONE AWESOME JET!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/01/05 at 5:18 pm

What an airplane!!
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/826057/m/

Written By: AL-B on 05/01/05 at 10:15 pm

It's kind of ironic--the other day I was watching a show about the history passenger airplanes, and they were saying how during the mid-to-late 60's the Europeans were busy working on a supersonic airliner (which became the Concorde) while Boeing was working on a jumbo jetliner (which became the 747). They then mentioned the Airbus A380 (which, at the time the show was aired, hadn't made it's maiden flight yet), and they said that now Boeing is working on an experimental hypersonic plane, which when completed will have the ability to leave the Earth's atmosphere for a short time and reach amazing speeds.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/02/05 at 7:12 pm

Why would Boeing want to build a HYPERSONIC jet....I honestly don't see the airlines buying into that...but our Air Force probably will be VERY interested....same with NASA!

I would love to see the A380 fly in my area...it would be way cool to see it in the skies above my town!!

For its large size, the A380 is quite beautiful and graceful,looks-wise.

Anyone into aviation and aircraft(fighters and jetliners)can e-mail me or leave a message.

Written By: zcrito on 05/02/05 at 8:42 pm

What an airplane!!
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/826057/m/

Eurotrash!

::)
;D

Written By: AL-B on 05/03/05 at 11:41 am

I think that the A380 is cool and all, but I'm still waiting for someone to build me one of these! :D

http://www.furious-d.com/jetpack.jpg

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/03/05 at 5:36 pm

Eurotrash!

::)
;D

Just what is it YOU have against Airbus and the A380?

This is PROGRESS...and you can't stop this.....

So what if Airbus is a EUROPEAN company...THE A380 has parts that were fabricated right here in the USA!

The parts for the Boeing 747-400 are not all AMERICAN,many parts came from EUROPE.

BTW Boeing is soon going to decide the fate of the 747 program...so you can be sure they're absolutely TERRIFIED about losing the jumbo jet market!

Check for new replies or respond here...