inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are YOUNG bald men sexy???

Written By: saver on 04/29/05 at 9:41 pm

I've been around to see the 'shaved' head take its place in the modern world...Though it's quite popular in PRISONS(not quite sure how that caught on..solidarity??)
But then when more and more men would shave it all off, I noticed most of the(younger men) had such a receding hairline, it seems they were trying to cover it by losing it al, as in my early days, the ONLY ones with NO HAIR were Mr. Clean from the ammonia commercial and old sailors...i.e. Popeye...

Bald young guys make me think...prison or military...??
But to women...is it a masculine tough-guy move? ???

l

Subject: Re: Are YOUNG bald men sexy???

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/29/05 at 9:54 pm

You're saying if they shaved it off, not naturally bald right? Well I've always liked the military look and if a guy doesn't have a weird shaped head then yes it can be very sexy.

Written By: Mark In The Dark on 04/29/05 at 10:02 pm

Balddness has NO age limit for Michael "Flit-Boy" Jackson. He LOVES doing the babies....as long as they're boys ::)

http://www.fritzphoto.com/portphotos/BaldBaby.jpg

Written By: saver on 04/29/05 at 10:20 pm

see???

But that baby in the photo..9in a good way) looks like a miniature Phil Collins! :)

Written By: Mark In The Dark on 04/29/05 at 10:27 pm

see???

But that baby in the photo..9in a good way) looks like a miniature Phil Collins! :)
;D Check out THIS link ;) Warning: If you're a "Blind" fan of flit-boy....don't go there!! ;)

http://www.mjisguilty.com/home.html

Written By: Carrie on 04/29/05 at 11:00 pm

;D Check out THIS link ;) Warning: If you're a "Blind" fan of flit-boy....don't go there!! ;)

http://www.mjisguilty.com/home.html
What does this have to do with the topic? There are a zillion other MJ threads... post it in there.

I think bald men can be sexy. But like someone else said, you have to have a decent shaped head first.

Written By: Mark In The Dark on 04/29/05 at 11:09 pm

What does this have to do with the topic? There are a zillion other MJ threads... post it in there.

I think bald men can be sexy. But like someone else said, you have to have a decent shaped head first.
Sorree! saver didn't seen to mind :-\\ I was just makin' a funny ;)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/30/05 at 6:12 pm

I'm not so much into the "military" shaved head look. I mainly only like shaved heads on black guys.  However it works well on some others like VIn Diesel, Ed Norton. 

Written By: Mark In The Dark on 04/30/05 at 7:34 pm

Well, insstead of getting the MJ fans all riled up with more "Jokes"...I think if a guy has very few hairs on his head, he should shave it off. Looks much better than trying a comb-over :D

Written By: saver on 04/30/05 at 7:44 pm

re:
They have to have a GOOD head????

I haven't seen too many 1 eyed 1 earred bald guys but , yeah, they must look weird.. :D ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 05/01/05 at 9:33 am

Better bald than that Hair Club for Men bullshhh.  Sexy is as sexy does.  It is the way the quy carries himself
that makes him sexy,

Written By: AL-B on 05/01/05 at 11:56 am

I wouldn't say they're sexy but bald men make the world a lot more fun for those of us who are fans of the late, great Benny Hill.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/01/05 at 5:19 pm

HAHAHA  Yes coneheads are a definite NO-NO   ;D

http://www.moviebits.co.uk/productimg/cone/conehead_masksml.jpg

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/02/05 at 3:35 am

I wouldn't say they're sexy but bald men make the world a lot more fun for those of us who are fans of the late, great Benny Hill.

HAHAHAHA  Sees him slapping that bald guy on the head....sooooo funny that  ;D ;D

How great!!! you're a fan of Benny Hill,

gets image of him chasing string of girls in bikinis (film speeded up)

to the sound of that wacky music. 

Written By: bj26 on 05/02/05 at 10:11 am

If a man has a receding hairline, it means he is sexy.  If he has a bald spot on top of the head, it means he thinks a lot.  When the receding hair line meets the bald spot, it means he thinks he's sexy  ::)  Maybe I should do some standup ;D  uh...maybe not :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/05 at 11:15 am

I would not know!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/02/05 at 5:26 pm

I think it depends.  Everyone has a look that "works" for them.  IMO, someone like Vin Diesel or Michael Jordan would look like crap with hair, but someone like Keanu Reeves would look like crap without it.

Vin Diesel looks awful anyway even with a headful of hair he's ug.

Written By: AL-B on 05/02/05 at 5:38 pm

HAHAHAHA  Sees him slapping that bald guy on the head....sooooo funny that   ;D ;D

How great!!! you're a fan of Benny Hill,

gets image of him chasing string of girls in bikinis (film speeded up)

to the sound of that wacky music. 
At my last job there was a guy (in his mid to late 30's) who shaved his head, and we called him "Q-Ball." He was kind of a smarmy brown-nosing type (but still basically a good guy), and one day he got to leave work early. Well, with him, it wasn't enough to just walk out the door. No, he had to hang out and rub it in. He walked around the break room for like 5 minutes with this smug, arrogant grin on his face and was saying stuff like, "Oh, I'm really gonna enjoy going home early," and "Have a wooonderful day," and stuff like that, just to irritate the rest of us.
   I'd had enough. I had to take action. So I went into the other room and grabbed a paper towel in one hand and a can of glass cleaner in the other, and started walking towards Q-Ball with a rather crazed grin on my face. "Who's your friend?" I said. He started to back away and I charged towards him. "Hey, come back here! Where are you going?" I yelled at him as he bolted down the stairs. That got rid of him.  ;D

Written By: jiminy on 05/02/05 at 5:48 pm

has anyone ever seen a bald beaver? ???

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/02/05 at 7:20 pm

Anyone ever see Live's lead singer Ed Kowalzcyk? Yeah,he sometimes has a chrome dome....Same for Billy Corgan at times.

Real MAN with a baldy..Stone Cold Steve Austin. Takes crap off no one. Yeah I know he's in the WWE. But he's a bad boy,and I like bad boy types...although I would never MARRY one..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/02/05 at 11:20 pm

I like being a bald man when the word is spelled with two L's!
:-X

Written By: Marian on 05/03/05 at 2:29 pm

I like being a bald man when the word is spelled with two L's!
:-X
;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/03/05 at 4:28 pm

Actually bald men can be very sexy, but the eyes must be good..you know with a sparkle in them  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/05 at 10:26 pm

Actually bald men can be very sexy, but the eyes must be good..you know with a sparkle in them  :D

Battle of the Baldies, round 1:

Mahatma Ghandi
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:xGmkMBCl3ZYJ:60sfurther.com/Ghandi.jpg
VERSUS
G. Gordon Liddy
http://www.keppleroncampus.com/speakers/pics/liddy-g.jpg

What say you?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/04/05 at 2:19 am

Battle of the Baldies, round 1:

Mahatma Ghandi
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:xGmkMBCl3ZYJ:60sfurther.com/Ghandi.jpg
VERSUS
G. Gordon Liddy
http://www.keppleroncampus.com/speakers/pics/liddy-g.jpg

What say you?
At the time of the photograph was taken of Mahatma Ghandi was not young then

Written By: Marian on 05/04/05 at 2:29 pm

neither was G.girdon Liddy,and he has about as much hair on his face as mst men have on their heads,so does he still count as bald?

Written By: saver on 05/04/05 at 4:13 pm

Then again there's a club for these guys......NOT the hair club for men...

I think they'r called 'SKINHEADS' ..probably using all that rowdiness to make up for the loss and de-clawing of their hair folicles ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/04/05 at 8:02 pm

Then again there's a club for these guys......NOT the hair club for men...

I think they'r called 'SKINHEADS' ..probably using all that rowdiness to make up for the loss and de-clawing of their hair folicles ;D
Over here in America there are Neo-Nazi skinheads....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/05/05 at 8:56 am

no...bald heads are NOT beautiful

Erin :)

Written By: Marian on 05/05/05 at 2:36 pm

Is that your actual pic?if it is,then yeah,you probably look better with hair! ;) ;) ;D :D

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/05/05 at 9:23 pm

I do not like unaturally bald heads, it kinda grosses me out. Especially when they're all shiny...eeew.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/05/05 at 9:31 pm

no...bald heads are NOT beautiful

Erin :)

It looks cool on Strickland in BTTF though, LOL. ;D

Seriously, as for the topic (and from a guy's POV), it depends - as does anything else. If we're talking about me myself, I'd rather have hair than be bald (just not my style personally), but if I were balding, I'd rather shave it all off.

BTW, I feel really guilty admitting this, but I used to watch Jerry Springer alot when it was big - 1998/99 - and his main security guard, Steve, was bald.

What does this have to do with the topic, you ask? Well, when I'd see one of the "old" shows from 1995 or so, when they just started featuring him, he was thinning, and to be honest he looked way older and un-cooler, so for him, going bald was the better option, imo. ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/05 at 10:48 am

I do not like unaturally bald heads, it kinda grosses me out. Especially when they're all shiny...eeew.

Some guys who are going bald already shave the whole thing, like that loony G. Gordon Liddy.  As you see with Liddy a shaven head with bushy facial hair can look a bit comical. 
When guys who have no male pattern baldness shave their heads, you don't see the same kind of "shine."  It's kind a dull, stubbly look.  I never shaved my head completely, but I did have what they called a "wiffle" or a "scuz" a couple of times.  Then there was my mohawk when I was 17.  It was a "Clash" style mohawk, not one of those rooster-looking thingies.
;D

Written By: Marian on 05/06/05 at 2:59 pm

Some guys who are going bald already shave the whole thing, like that loony G. Gordon Liddy.  As you see with Liddy a shaven head with bushy facial hair can look a bit comical. 
When guys who have no male pattern baldness shave their heads, you don't see the same kind of "shine."  It's kind a dull, stubbly look.  I never shaved my head completely, but I did have what they called a "wiffle" or a "scuz" a couple of times.  Then there was my mohawk when I was 17.  It was a "Clash" style mohawk, not one of those rooster-looking thingies.
;D
Do you have dark hair and a light complexion?hard to look completely bald if you do.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/05 at 6:26 pm

Do you have dark hair and a light complexion?hard to look completely bald if you do.

I have sort of walnut shell brown hair and a light complexion.  I'm not balding, and I doubt I ever will.  There's no baldness among men on either side of my family.  Neurosis on the other hand...
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...