inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: another NUT falls from the tree-aka the Runaway Bride

Written By: saver on 04/30/05 at 8:25 pm

Well, Well, Well,...

Such a fool!
Of course we are not to throw stones at others if we have not sinned (or done anything foolish)...so I guess it's a matter of degrees to me as I NEVER have or would, cause such a commotion, inconvenience as a manhunt BECAUSE I WAS HAVING 2ND THOUGHTS OF GETTING MARRIED!!!!!

Yep, they found the Runaway Bride in New Mexico and even there she called police saying she had been KIDNAPPED!!! Then confessed to that lie!

Word to the future husband: BAIL OUT NOW, YOU'VE GOT A REAL STRING OF YARN TO UNWRAP IF YOU STILL GET HITCHED TO THIS ONE!!!

Oh, says the family,....she had some issues we weren't aware of....how nice..a real caring SHARING individual..
That minister who gave his words of Thanks to God will now have a field day issue out penance to this one for the lying, and stories she's got to confess to, putting all her relatives and friends through that crying.

Glad the hubby to be wasn't taken down-reports had the community praising his integrity as an all around nice guy.

That was fun getting off my chest...now let's get back to the real issues out there-and ....when some kook does this kind of scare...shouldn't THEY have to reimburse the police for their time??

I'm Andy Rooney and you're not... :-[ >:(

Subject: Re: another NUT falls from the tree-aka the Runaway Bride

Written By: Climber on 05/01/05 at 12:12 am

There was a similar incident in Wisconsin about a year or 2 ago.  A college student disappeared from her apartment and there was a huge search.  She said she was abducted, which set off a huge man hunt.  Turned out she was not abducted.  If I remember correctly, she has to pay some kind of restitution.
Kind of makes you wonder...

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 05/01/05 at 9:19 am

If this lady doesn't end up having to make SOME kind of restitution, I'll be very annoyed.  With all the CHILDREN being abducted these days, she has got SOME NERVE wasting our country's resources like this.  She should be assigned to do some sort of administrative work involving files of REAL abducted persons -- this lil' princess needs to learn about real "issues." 

Written By: saver on 05/01/05 at 9:07 pm

This news just heard....

The bride to be that has made all this fuss has RUN OUT on 2 other weddings!!!!!! :o

DON'TCHA think the family of this woman/nutcase would've kept a leash on her 'till she went thru with this one...

OOOOOOOOhubby to be..still want her now???? ???

Written By: Climber on 05/02/05 at 2:11 am

This news just heard....

The bride to be that has made all this fuss has RUN OUT on 2 other weddings!!!!!! :o

Where did you hear that?  I didn't see anything on MSN.com...

Written By: danootaandme on 05/02/05 at 5:45 am

What is with these women who commit crimes, or are looking for attention, that they seem to blame a
minority male.  Like Susan Smith who drowned her kids and said it was a black male.  This one said she was kidnapped by a hispanic male and white woman.  It's weird.  And look at her pictures(before this happened) and she has prozac pop-eyes.  I say she has to be prosecuted for filing the false report, and causing all those people to lose time and money helping in the search, and for making people much more cynical about this stuff so that when someone relay is in trouble people will tend to shrug their shoulders and figure it is just another story like this.

Written By: saver on 05/02/05 at 4:09 pm

Heard it on the 9pm. radio news on KFI-AM640 Los Angeles..now if it was retracted?? not sure but after hearing it, I ran to make the post at 9:07pm

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/02/05 at 4:49 pm

And of course, "people" like Ms. Wilbanks are making it difficult for the police to investigate real kidnapping cases. What was her real motive? Cold feet or ugly groom? Or just another example of Southern culture on the skids? We might never know.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/02/05 at 11:30 pm

Talk about a non-story!  It seems like they are systemically lowering the bar on what is acceptable as "news."  It's like a bunch of evil media execs are in some boardroom chortling, "OK, those idiots got wrapped up for a month about Terry Schiavo, I'll bet we can get at least a week out of this missing twit from Duluth, Georgia!"
And did you see her fiance?  This guy's like something from the "Dukes of Hazard"!

Written By: saver on 05/03/05 at 2:39 pm

Heard the latest update on the story if she did this before..apparently someone jumped the gun and said she did when all it was was a question if she did..so so far it has been retracted...
But they are still dopes!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/05 at 10:37 pm

I still don't like the idea of sending her a bill, even though she did needlessly tie up public resources and blow $60,000 in taxpayer money.
Billing people for stuff like this sets a bad precedent.

Written By: guest on 05/03/05 at 11:34 pm

Yeah...Like taking RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONES OWN ACTIONS!!! >:(

Written By: Return of Jessica on 05/04/05 at 12:39 am

Mwahahahahahahaha....

Courtesy of the dailydirt.com

Cane the B*tch!

You spent your days wooing and cooing
Spending your pay and extending your credit
You asked for her hand, you spent a grand
On a ring with a gem in it....

Cane the b*tch!

Then, she disappeared, arousing the fears
Of the public across the states-
We looked in the field-she might have been killed
And left on some abandoned estate.

Cane the b*tch!

Folks saw your photos which covered the news
Folks remarked, with chagrin,
"She looks so meek, so helpless and weak, while
He looks like Scott Peterson."

Cane the b*tch!

Suddenly, the shadows parted-and out she stepped.
Weakly, meekly, she said, "Surprise!"
She admitted she lied; she said, with pride
"I got nervous, and changed my mind."

Cane the b*tch!

Forget the b*tch!
Use a bamboo switch, then hide the evidence.
Cane the b*tch!
Leave her with a memory of her insolence
Then, forget the b*tch-
That's what I say-
Do it today-right away. okay?

My take on it is that she should apologize to quite a few people (family, friends, Hispanics in general, her fiance, her community, etc).

Getting cold feet is one thing, faking a kidnapping and blaming a Hispanic is another.

Written By: cancemini2real on 05/14/05 at 1:11 pm

She must be related to Charles Manson! They both have those creepy ass bug eyes

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/21/05 at 6:04 pm

I would have walked out on my wedding if I had any idea of how abusive my (now ex)husband was going to be...but I would be honest,tell the family why,and not make it look like a d**n kidnapping!

Check for new replies or respond here...