inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thanks to Julia Roberts..........

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/30/05 at 10:12 pm

Well, now we see America at its greatest.   First of all, we have ran out of ideas for movies, prime time, music and such...but now we have ran out of ideas to convince the world that we're scared of everything and then lie about it by making up phony stories on how we were tortured by masked banditos and taken to the future.  This chick in Georgia just recently ran out on a huge wedding after suddenly deciding that she was scared of making a fool out of herself and the size of the wedding.  Just took off in her jogging suit and shoes...bogus!  So anyways, she hopped a Greyhound bus and went to Sin City, then to New Mexico, where she went broke.  Then this silly chick, not knowing how big this story was blowing up across the country, calls from a 7-11 near Albuquerque(911 call www.msn.com) to say she was kidnapped by a hispanic couple in their 40s.  Good god man!  After all the hype about the "run-away-bride" was nationally exposed, the family, attendees and the community were, well....p!ssed.  I would be too after all the money I contrubited for a 14-bridesmaid 14-groom wedding, or turning the town upside down looking for your sorry butt.  But the fiancé was all smiles.... ::)  I would of dropped(leave her) her like a hotcake.  I really do think that we are going crazy.  I think we need to stop watching movies with Julia Roberts and Richard Geere because some of us, if not all, are still in the imprinting stage in our life.  Thanks to that crappy movie "Run-Away-Bride" we now have a new culture trend for our 30-something Gen-Xers.  First there were swingers and now there are "run-away-brides/grooms".  Another reason why I don't want to waste time and money to sign a piece of paper.  Not to mention, as someone mention in the article saying that what if more people do something like this and no one takes it seriously......  ??? very good point. 
So anyway, that's what I think about them apples..... ::)

I clearly think she classifies in the term:

Subject: Re: Thanks to Julia Roberts..........

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/30/05 at 10:24 pm

Yeah, its pretty weird.

So, I take it that a lot of "30-something Gen-Xers" are avoiding marriage?

Subject: Re: Thanks to Julia Roberts..........

Written By: saver on 04/30/05 at 11:20 pm

Well, now we see America at its greatest.   First of all, we have ran out of ideas for movies, prime time, music and such...but now we have ran out of ideas to convince the world that we're scared of everything and then lie about it by making up phony stories on how we were tortured by masked banditos and taken to the future.  This chick in Georgia just recently ran out on a huge wedding after suddenly deciding that she was scared of making a fool out of herself and the size of the wedding.  Just took off in her jogging suit and shoes...bogus!  So anyways, she hopped a Greyhound bus and went to Sin City, then to New Mexico, where she went broke.  Then this silly chick, not knowing how big this story was blowing up across the country, calls from a 7-11 near Albuquerque(911 call www.msn.com) to say she was kidnapped by a hispanic couple in their 40s.  Good god man!  After all the hype about the "run-away-bride" was nationally exposed, the family, attendees and the community were, well....p!ssed.  I would be too after all the money I contrubited for a 14-bridesmaid 14-groom wedding, or turning the town upside down looking for your sorry butt.  But the fiancé was all smiles.... ::)  I would of dropped(leave her) her like a hotcake.  I really do think that we are going crazy.  I think we need to stop watching movies with Julia Roberts and Richard Geere because some of us, if not all, are still in the imprinting stage in our life.  Thanks to that crappy movie "Run-Away-Bride" we now have a new culture trend for our 30-something Gen-Xers.  First there were swingers and now there are "run-away-brides/grooms".  Another reason why I don't want to waste time and money to sign a piece of paper.  Not to mention, as someone mention in the article saying that what if more people do something like this and no one takes it seriously......  ??? very good point. 

So anyway, that's what I think about them apples..... ::)

I clearly think she classifies in the term:

See my NUT from tree post...saver

Check for new replies or respond here...