inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Primtime with Paula Abdul...anyone watch?

Written By: george78 on 05/05/05 at 8:33 am

I was very skeptical of Corey Clark's claims, but after watching the special and seeing all the evidence "confirming" the scandal, I was so shocked. I do believe she was wrong for abusing her position as a judge and like with any job, when you cross the line, you should pay the price. Although, I do think Clark is a scumbag for bringing this up 2 years later just as he about to release his album and tell-all book. It is the saddest publicity stunt I have ever seen. I admit what Paula did was wrong, but he is a low-life for trying to taint her name for his cheap attempt at fame.

Subject: Re: Primtime with Paula Abdul...anyone watch?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/05/05 at 8:51 am

I honestly can't believe that all of this happened....maybe some of it is true...but I believe alot of it was exaggerated......if it is true, however, I have no idea what she saw in that guy....he was so nasty looking and soooo into himself.

Erin :)

Written By: Kryllith on 05/05/05 at 9:29 am

Didn't watch, don't care. I wouldn't even remark on it, except that the local stations felt the need to plaster the News report about it every 5 minute on the lower 1/4 of the tv screen while I was trying to watch The Simpsons. That being said, true or not, I hold this "scandal" and the whole "Vote for the Worst" campaign will ultimate result in American Idol being pulled from the air. I mean, if the success of that show is enough to get the arrogant, loud-mouthed Brit a star on the Walk of Fame, then it definitely needs to be killed.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/05/05 at 9:35 am

I thought the part about her convincing him to sing a Journey song was interesting...and then making a big deal about it when he did, like she had no idea....tricky

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/05/05 at 9:37 am

I saw it and thought that it sounded like a cheap publicity stunt, by both Cory and ABC (You stoled our ideas and your going down Fox!).  By the way, it was Ryan Seacrest not the  arrogant loud mouthed Brit, who got the star on the Walk of Fame.  ::)

Written By: Kryllith on 05/05/05 at 9:39 am

Ah, he wasn't? Someone told me that it was him. I appologize for my error if that's the case.

So which arrogant, loud-mouth Brit was it then? :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/05/05 at 9:43 am

Your thinking of Simon "The Master of Evil" Cowell.  ::)

Written By: Kryllith on 05/05/05 at 9:47 am

Ah, well Ryan is getting one (or rather, got one) but Simon's the Brit I'm thinking of... so my apologies to Ryan.

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/05/05 at 12:41 pm

I fell asleep after American Idol, so I missed it.

Written By: Mushroom on 05/05/05 at 2:39 pm

I was very skeptical of Corey Clark's claims, but after watching the special and seeing all the evidence "confirming" the scandal, I was so shocked. I do believe she was wrong for abusing her position as a judge and like with any job, when you cross the line, you should pay the price. Although, I do think Clark is a scumbag for bringing this up 2 years later just as he about to release his album and tell-all book. It is the saddest publicity stunt I have ever seen. I admit what Paula did was wrong, but he is a low-life for trying to taint her name for his cheap attempt at fame.

I really believe that this is all a publicity stunt.  After all, nobody on the show can win or loose because of Paula.  The way the show was set-up, she is just one member of a panel.  And the final winner is determined by the viewers of the show.  The most, she can give help and coaching, but ultimately that would have no impact on the outcome one way or another.

Besides, from what I know and remember of Paula, that is most unlike her.  I went to High School with her, and she was the Class President, Class Valedictorian, and Head Cheerleader.  We knew back then that she was going places.  Within a year or so of graduation, she was one of the "Laker Girls", then within another year or so of that she was Head Cheerleader for the LA Lakers.  She got everywhere she did through hard work, and I find it hard to imagine she would stoop so low as to give somebody a "Free Ride".

Check for new replies or respond here...