inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Slow Jamz of the 2000's

Written By: Kyle on 05/08/05 at 2:39 pm

After watching I Love the '90s: Part Deux like a month ago, I got to thinking about some songs that you can touch her naughty parts to in the 2000's.  Some of them might be from the late '90s, preferably 1999, that are still popular today where I live.  By the way, I live in a small town in the middle of Minnesota, which is almost always like about 5-6 years behind.  :D ;D  Here my picks, and any replies and suggestions (as always, homie!) will be welcome.

Usher: Burn (2004)
No Secrets: I'll Remember You (2002)
98 Degrees: My Everything
Brian McKnight: Back at One (1999)

Subject: Re: Slow Jamz of the 2000's

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/08/05 at 9:36 pm

Slow R&B is so crappy now a days, it's not even funny. I'd rather listen to the stuff that my parents listened to(60's &70s) or 80s slow jams.

Barry White, Teena Marie & Rick James, The Stylistics, The Chi-Lites....the list is endless.

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/09/05 at 12:36 am

Slow R&B is so crappy now a days, it's not even funny. I'd rather listen to the stuff that my parents listened to(60's &70s) or 80s slow jams.

Barry White, Teena Marie & Rick James, The Stylistics, The Chi-Lites....the list is endless.

Second

Would listen to Prince's "Purple Rain" instead of that annoying "I'm So Lonely" from Acorn.

Written By: Kyle on 05/09/05 at 7:09 pm

Second

Would listen to Prince's "Purple Rain" instead of that annoying "I'm So Lonely" from Acorn.

Agreed.  I'm So Lonely is just another of these experimental whatever they are. In this song, Acorn decided to combine '50s music with late '90s pop music, making it a total mess.  :P  This experimentation and miminalist pop is going out of hand in the last couple of years.  I wish real music will comeback.  :\'(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/11/05 at 5:38 pm

Confessions Pt. 2- Usher

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/11/05 at 5:39 pm

Confessions Pt. 2- Usher
add to that
Craig David "Fill Me In"

Check for new replies or respond here...