inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rolling Stones Are Going On Tour...

Written By: Everlong on 05/10/05 at 8:40 pm

...Starting in August, in Boston.  They had a press conference today in New York.  They'll be releasing a new album as well, which is reportedly '85% done'.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/10/arts/music/10cnd-stones.html?hp&ex=1115784000&en=ba2f694b8c4551e4&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Subject: Re: Rolling Stones Are Going On Tour...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/10/05 at 8:52 pm

I hear it's free admission with the donation of a wheel chair ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/10/05 at 8:58 pm

These guys must be in their 80s by now (or at least look it)  ;D

Written By: gord on 05/10/05 at 9:10 pm

good for them, they're doing what they love and making gobs of money to boot :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/10/05 at 9:13 pm

good for them, they're doing what they love and making gobs of money to boot :)
I was just kdding...but I DO think there's a time to hang it up :-\\

Written By: Everlong on 05/10/05 at 11:52 pm

I was just kdding...but I DO think there's a time to hang it up :-\\

I don't agree.  As long as they love what they're doing, then why stop a good thing?  I don't believe in retirment altogether, so that's probably another thing.  I can't really think right now, it's too late, and I keep on thinking of a parallel to circus performers that go on for generations.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/11/05 at 12:28 am

I was just kdding..
So was I

I don't agree. As long as they love what they're doing, then why stop a good thing? I don't believe in retirment altogether, so that's probably another thing. I can't really think right now, it's too late, and I keep on thinking of a parallel to circus performers that go on for generations.
I have to agree. A Rock N Roll career doesn't end when you're 40. It's good seeing all these older rockers coming back (and good to see so many people my age or younger going to see them)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 9:10 am

I don't agree.  As long as they love what they're doing, then why stop a good thing?  I don't believe in retirment altogether, so that's probably another thing.  I can't really think right now, it's too late, and I keep on thinking of a parallel to circus performers that go on for generations.
Well, I know they don't need the money so why not donate it to multiple chatirties? That would be really cool :)

Written By: Ansky1213 on 05/14/05 at 10:48 am

I agree. Why should they have to quit just because they are old? They still rock, as anyone who saw the last tour can tell you, and they haven't lost a step. Keith is actually getting better and better at guitar as he ages, it seems. I'm pumped for the tour, and I can't wait to see them at Giants Stadium on September 15th!

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/14/05 at 12:06 pm

They still sound good ROCK ON!!!

btw, doesn't Keith Richards look like that creature from "Legend"? you know the one with the pointy ears and the long nose?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/14/05 at 1:26 pm

They still sound good ROCK ON!!!

btw, doesn't Keith Richards look like that creature from "Legend"? you know the one with the pointy ears and the long nose?
;DI see that!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/14/05 at 1:28 pm

Mi "Jokes" about the Stones are just jokes....I send them in the direction of a very good yet misguided friend who thinks the Stones are better than The Beatles :D ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...