inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Elvis Presley vs Michael Jackson

Written By: Robbo on 05/11/05 at 1:07 am

Ask anyone about Elvis Presley and they'll tell you he's the King of Rock & Roll.
Ask anyone about Michael Jackson and they'll tell you he's some sort of wacked out child predator.

Why is this? Why has Michael's image been tarnished while Elvis's stays strong even after 50 years since his first single?

Sure, Michael Jackson has had extensive plastic surgery, his appearance has changed in some ways, he's been accused of child molestation more than once, and on top of that he's also made alot of mistakes in his life - top of the list is showing the fans his baby from a hotel balcony.

But, Elvis had an uncontrollable drug addiction which put his wife and daughter in alot of danger. His wife has even talked about the time Elvis tried to kill her while he was high. It's also been proven that Elvis was a child molester (It's yet to be proven if Michael has done anything, ever). During the end of his life, Elvis too got a face lift. His family also claims he was a racist and a white supremacist who hailed Hitler. We've all heard the stories.

So why then, is this man who's had a proven drug addiction, attempted to murder his wife, is a proven child molester and an alleged white supremacist still hailed as the King of Rock & Roll. While on the other hand, a man who's had a possible drug addiction, who changed his appearance and was accused of child molestation more than once,  is thought of nothing more than "wacko jacko"?

Who would you regard as a better man. A proven child molester, or an alleged child molester? A proven drugo or a possible drugo? A racist or a guy who doesn't care if your black or white? A guy who attempted to murder his wife or a guy who attempted to heal the world? I choose the alleged child molester with a possible drug addiction, who doesn't care if your black or white and wants to heal the world. Who cares if he has a messed up face. I'd rather hang out with him than a proven pedophile with a proven drug addiction which cost him his life, who is a racist pig and attempted to kill his wife!

So answer my question. Why then is Elvis still regarded as the King, while Michael is known as nothing more than "wacko jacko"?

Subject: Re: Elvis Presley vs Michael Jackson

Written By: Return of Jessica on 05/11/05 at 2:14 am

I would dearly love to know where you got your info. on Elvis from. Let me remind you that the Weekly World News is satire.

The child molester cr*p probably comes from the fact that Elvis met his wife when she was but 13 years old. Being that he met her in Germany and left her there with her parents, I doubt that they ever did anything until they actually got married. I also Googled "Elvis Presley child molestation" and you know what came up? Lisa Marie, who was married to Michael Jackson, who is accused of (big shock) child molestation. I found that hysterical.

The drug thing. Yeah, he was an addict, a product of the stupid celebrity life. He popped pills and did other questionable drugs, and he paid for it with his life. Unfortunate, really. He was such a nice boy when he was younger. I'm not too sure about the wife killing thing though. I know I've heard about it before, but the Enquirer tends to exaggerate a lot.

Racism and prejudice are something I can't fathom Elvis harboring. Then again, he was from Tennessee, and we know how people from the south were at the time. And before anyone gets offended by that, let me remind you that my grandparents were from the south and they were the same way until they met my dad. It only takes one thing like that to change a person's opinion. If Elvis had prejudice in his heart, it most likely disappeared over time. Or maybe it disappeared when he gave his Army pay to those less fortunate, which included (don't be shocked now) people of other RACES. How do I know he did this? My grandfather was in the Army with him. He saw it. The racism charge may also have been a cause of this: http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/presley3.asp. Read the whole thing. You might also want to read this: http://gratefuldread.net/archives/cat/000733.html and this: http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/presley1.asp
There are facts I have provided for you, something you have neglected to provide in your original post.

There is your answer on why Elvis is still known as the King and Jackson is still a freak. Elvis may have done stupid sh*t like drugs, but he would have NEVER harmed someone in the way that Jackson did and then try to cover it up with lies and money and kidnapping and whatever else that freak of nature did.

P.S. I'm not a rabid Elvis fan, but unlike you, I did my homework on his life. You should try it sometime.

Written By: Robbo on 05/11/05 at 3:47 am

Who speak of facts but you failed to proved any facts that support this statement...

he would have NEVER harmed someone in the way that Jackson did and then try to cover it up with lies and money and kidnapping and whatever else that freak of nature did.

Being accused of a crime does not make one guilty. I suggest YOU do your homework on the Jackson case and see just who really is doing all the covering up.

About Elvis being a child molester. To me, anyone who makes a 14-year-old girl give him head is a child molester. This is coming from Priscilla's own mouth. She also said, out of her own mouth that Elvis attempted to kill her. I based what I said on Priscilla's own words. I don't read the Enquier. Are you kidding?? Would I still be a Michael Jackson fan if I read the Enquier???

You still haven't answered my question. To me, Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley are one of the same. Elvis Presley has been accused of child molestation, Michael Jackson has been accused of child molestation. Elvis Presley has been accused of having a drug problem, Michael Jackson has been accused of having a drug problem. Elvis Presley had plastic surgery, Michael Jackson had plastic surgery. Why then is Elvis the King and Michael a wacko?

Written By: Gis on 05/11/05 at 5:00 am

Do you actually ever think about anything else other than Michael Jackson ?

Written By: whitewolf on 05/11/05 at 6:50 am

Sure, Michael Jackson has had extensive plastic surgery, his appearance has changed in some ways,

In some ways? that is an understatement.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/11/05 at 7:40 am

ya...the last time I checked...

Elvis was never caught publicly dangling Lisa Marie from a balcony

heh

Erin :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/11/05 at 8:19 am

Who speak of facts but you failed to proved any facts that support this statement...

Being accused of a crime does not make one guilty. I suggest YOU do your homework on the Jackson case and see just who really is doing all the covering up.

About Elvis being a child molester. To me, anyone who makes a 14-year-old girl give him head is a child molester This is coming from Priscilla's own mouth. She also said, out of her own mouth that Elvis attempted to kill her. I based what I said on Priscilla's own words. I don't read the Enquier. Are you kidding?? Would I still be a Michael Jackson fan if I read the Enquier???

You still haven't answered my question. To me, Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley are one of the same. Elvis Presley has been accused of child molestation, Michael Jackson has been accused of child molestation. Elvis Presley has been accused of having a drug problem, Michael Jackson has been accused of having a drug problem. Elvis Presley had plastic surgery, Michael Jackson had plastic surgery. Why then is Elvis the King and Michael a wacko?

WHAAAHHH    "Who's this  kinky so and so.."     :o

STEELY DAN - Haitian Divorce

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 9:06 am

Why don't you just MARRY the "Man :D  I think you're just jealous 'cause Elvis used to get all the ladies...he was "King of the ladies"....while flitboy will always be fondly and accurately remebered as  a

Written By: Return of Jessica on 05/11/05 at 12:49 pm

Why then is Elvis the King and Michael a wacko?

Because every point that you brought up is false. I looked up your so called "hand job" theory and found nothing about it. Don't you think if that were true it would be on the internet?

Elvis was a lot of things, but I wouldn't call him a child molesting freak of nature like Idiot Jackson.

Why don't you just MARRY the "Man :D

Oh I'm sure Jackson would love marrying Robbo...as long as Robbo is about 12 years old. ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 1:19 pm

I think he's referring to the fact that Priscilla was so young when they first got together....hell, if THAT makes you a "child molester" then I have quite a few in my family history as "back in the day", there was nothing wrong with marrying at 14, 15, or 16 ???
AND they were of the opposite sex...unlike Michael's conquests :D

Written By: whitewolf on 05/11/05 at 1:55 pm

About Elvis being a child molester. To me, anyone who makes a 14-year-old girl give him head is a child molester. This is coming from Priscilla's own mouth. She also said, out of her own mouth that Elvis attempted to kill her. I based what I said on Priscilla's own words.

I have read all the books ever written about Elvis and Priscilla, in them Priscilla clearly states that they met when she was 13. She stayed behind while he went to his home. When she was 16, she moved in with him. She says that Elvis never slept with her until she finished school and turned 18.

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/11/05 at 3:29 pm

Why are these two even being compared?, this thread is silly.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 3:35 pm

um, consider the "Obsession" and you'll understand ::) ;)

Written By: george78 on 05/11/05 at 3:51 pm

Sure, Michael Jackson has had extensive plastic surgery, his appearance has changed in some ways, he's been accused of child molestation more than once, and on top of that he's also made alot of mistakes in his life - top of the list is showing the fans his baby from a hotel balcony.

And you still need to ask? Why do you sound as crazy as he is?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 3:52 pm

ALL I can post is the flag of the "Jackson Nation"

Written By: woops on 05/11/05 at 5:07 pm

Both artists were talented and had great songs.  8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 5:08 pm

Both artists were talented and had great songs.  8)
And one has died while the other is a screwball :D

Written By: Robbo on 05/11/05 at 5:10 pm

I think he's referring to the fact that Priscilla was so young when they first got together....hell, if THAT makes you a "child molester" then I have quite a few in my family history as "back in the day", there was nothing wrong with marrying at 14, 15, or 16 ???

I find something terribly wrong with this statement. You say it was allright for Elvis to molest Priscilla because they met when she was 13 and they were in an intimate relationship. Michael Jackson's accuser claims that him and Michael were in an intimate relationship, does that make it right? So what your saying is, it's allright to molest a 13 year old girl, but not a 13 year old boy? Pull your head in. Child molestation is child molestation, it doesn't matter who with or under what circumstanced. IMO, I don't think Elvis or Michael ever molested anyone. But I'm saying they've both been accused of child molestation, so why then is Elvis the King and Michael a freak?

Someone said, Elvis never dangled LMP over a balcony.
What's worse - Dangling a baby over a balcony, or attempting to kill your own wife?

Written By: Robbo on 05/11/05 at 5:17 pm

King of Rock & Roll - King of Pop
Graceland - Neverland
Had many hits - Had many hits
Sold many millions - Sold many millions
Most successful white artist - Most successful black artist
Hired themeparks for whole days - Built his own themepark
Tabloid target - Tabloid target
Had a face lift - Had numerous face lifts
Accused child molester - Accused child molester
Attempted to murder his wife - Dangled his baby from a balcony

Still need to ask why I compared Michael to Elvis. Let's not forget, Michael is sort of like Elvis's ex-step son.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 5:18 pm

I find something terribly wrong with this statement. You say it was allright for Elvis to molest Priscilla because they met when she was 13 and they were in an intimate relationship. Michael Jackson's accuser claims that him and Michael were in an intimate relationship, does that make it right? So what your saying is, it's allright to molest a 13 year old girl, but not a 13 year old boy? Pull your head in. Child molestation is child molestation, it doesn't matter who with or under what circumstanced. IMO, I don't think Elvis or Michael ever molested anyone. But I'm saying they've both been accused of child molestation, so why then is Elvis the King and Michael a freak?

Someone said, Elvis never dangled LMP over a balcony.
What's worse - Dangling a baby over a balcony, or attempting to kill your own wife?
Whoa...just try and C-A-L-M down there. "Kill his own wife"...that was Jerry Lee Lewis. Priscilla was never molested and never claimed to be. Yeah, flit boy likes the young...boys....he's a sick twisted screwball. The ONLY thing you find wrong with anybody's statements against the Whack-O creep is it's all TRUTH...and you can't HANDLE it :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 6:12 pm

King of Rock & Roll - King of Pop
Graceland - Neverland
Had many hits - Had many hits
Sold many millions - Sold many millions
Most successful white artist - Most successful black artist
Hired themeparks for whole days - Built his own themepark
Tabloid target - Tabloid target
Had a face lift - Had numerous face lifts
Accused child molester - Accused child molester
Attempted to murder his wife - Dangled his baby from a balcony

Still need to ask why I compared Michael to Elvis. Let's not forget, Michael is sort of like Elvis's ex-step son.
Elvis charted more songs on Billboard's Hot 100 than any other artist. (149)

Elvis spent more weeks at the top of the charts than any other artist. (80)

Elvis had the greatest number of consecutive #1 hits. (10)

Elvis is second only to the Beatles of course in total of #1 hits. (17)

boys OR girls molested by Elvis.....O
======================================================

Flitboy:
Biggest selling POP LP "Thriller"...lots of loonies out there :D

He then spent 47.5 million dollars in purchasing the ATV Music company, who controlled the songs of John Lennon and Paul McCartney, thus effectively ending his favourable relationship his old friend.

Written By: Robbo on 05/11/05 at 6:40 pm

Michael Jackson

Biggest selling black artist of all-time (over 250 Million)
Biggest selling LP of all-time (Thriller)
Biggest selling remix album of all-time (Blood On The Dance Floor)
Biggest selling double disc album of all-time (HIStory)
Most successful musical project (HIStory)
Most successful world tour (HIStory world tour)
Longest running music video (Ghosts - 35 mins)
Most expensive music video (Scream)
Most grammies won in a year (8 - equalled by Ray Charles and Carlos Sanatana)

Michael also co-owns the most valuable music publishing company in the world (Sony/ATV)
He is also the person to have contributed more money to the most charities than any other person.

# of boys or girls molested by Michael Jackson.... 0

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 7:07 pm

Michael Jackson

Biggest selling black artist of all-time (over 250 Million)
Biggest selling LP of all-time (Thriller)
Biggest selling remix album of all-time (Blood On The Dance Floor)
Biggest selling double disc album of all-time (HIStory)
Most successful musical project (HIStory)
Most successful world tour (HIStory world tour)
Longest running music video (Ghosts - 35 mins)
Most expensive music video (Scream)
Most grammies won in a year (8 - equalled by Ray Charles and Carlos Sanatana)

Michael also co-owns the most valuable music publishing company in the world (Sony/ATV)
He is also the person to have contributed more money to the most charities than any other person.

# of boys or girls molested by Michael Jackson.... 0

POP LP...big deal! STILL trails Elvis and The Beatles in #1 hits.

People are found innocent of crimes often...that doesn't mean they aren't guilty ;)

Leaders of screwball nation.....Many :D

Some  who are greedy and think money and power are what matters in life....Idiots!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/11/05 at 7:11 pm

Elvis did NOT molest Priscilla and I'm not sure where you heard that he was accused of the same thing as MJ.  ::)  All you have to do is look at the definition:

Main Entry: mo·lest
Pronunciation: m&-'lest
Function: transitive verb
1 : to annoy, disturb, or persecute esp. with hostile intent or injurious effect
2 : to make annoying sexual advances to; specifically : to force physical and usually sexual contact on (as a child) —mo·les·ta·tion /"mO-"les-'tA-sh&n, "mä-, -l&s-/ noun —mo·lest·er noun

Source: Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Anyhoo, the difference is that Elvis MARRIED Priscilla and (according to her own words) they did not have sex until their wedding night.  Let's not forget that Priscilla didn't even MEET Elvis until she was 19 and did not move to Memphis until she was 17.  Heck, if people considered EVERYONE who had sexual contact with a minor a "child molester", there'd be no room in ANY jail in this country.  Oh, and there's a HUGE difference between a 10-11 year age difference and a 30 :o  My mom & dad have almost 11 years between them and they started dating when she was only 17 so I guess that makes my dad a child molester ::)  PUHLEEZE!

The only reason there are so many "similarities" between Elvis and MJ is that MJ is obsessed with Elvis....even Lisa Marie says so ::)
Hey Kim...researchers for planet screwball are hastily at work so they can come up with a clever reply to you....wait for it :o ::) ;D ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/11/05 at 10:05 pm

I like Elvis better, personally, but I would prefer "Beat It" to "Blue Hawaii"!
8)

As far as Southern men and 13-year old brides, back then Southerners ate so much fried pork and smoked so much tobacco they died off at about 40, so 13 then and there was like 26 here and now!
:D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/12/05 at 6:07 am

Does anyone think he ever shared a bed with Debbie..I mean wtf  :o

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/12/05 at 7:54 am

Well, you know.....any port in a storm ;)  The mere thought of the 2 of them in bed make me sick to my stomach :(

HAHAHA  You're not kidding  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/12/05 at 7:55 am

Robbo, I love Michael Jackson's music,

but c'mon look at his features rationally - you know he's had loads of ops, God I've got an old cassette of his and he looks the entire opposite now,
he's had those ridiculous chin implants, his eyes are that of a caucasian gone wrong, he claims to have vitiligo, explaining his whitened/bleached skin, his cheek bones have been hightened and then the obvious multiple nose jobs. Personally his surgeon needs a good kick up the butt for that crap work. 

Everyone knows or should realise Michael must have some serious mental  health issues - that's clear, and it isn't smart to mock someone who is unwell...

and I'm not condemning him as guilty or innocent till the trial is over, plus I know nothing about the case except what the manipulative media who want to sell newspapers etc, and screwed up parents on the make have said.

If it transpires he has laid one finger on any child in a sexual way he should be severely punished, preferably FULL castration (that's if he hasn't already had that cosmetically dealt with too)  ::)

Written By: Scotch on 05/21/05 at 2:53 am

Elvis also owned chimps and mokeys, for what its worth...

MJ was my favorite artist until I discovered Elvis, the true King. Elvis didn't need Liz Taylor to declare him King...

Written By: kennedy14 on 03/22/09 at 7:04 pm

well, i don't know if you'll know this or not but elvis was scared of STDs. he had about what?? over a million admirers and he only slept with 5 of them. the first girlfriend he had said that "he wanted his first time to be special" and that was while he was over 20! then he went off to the army and found priscilla and brought her back home to his mother and gave her a home. as for the racism thing, he was never a racist, he loved gospel music. he loved to sing with black people. and for michael jackson? he's alright but seriously? he is self proclaimed king of pop. but for elvis he was named by his beloved fans. i suggest like all the other people said, you get your facts right.

Written By: whistledog on 03/22/09 at 8:52 pm

There is a difference between Michael Jackson and Elvis. 

MJ rose to fame with his brothers, then went solo and multiplicated his success when Thriller was released, and with that, he was pretty much expected by the media to duplicate that success with every album he would go on to release. 

Elvis was a success from the get-go and no one album in particular was his defining moment, as all of his records were equally good.  Thriller made MJ a world-wide phenomenon.  Hit after hit made Elvis a world-wide phenomenon

Written By: 80sfan on 03/22/09 at 10:37 pm

I like Elvis, but that doesn't mean he has to be perfect for me to like him. But compared to Michael Jackson, he's less messed up. I really don't believe anything posted here. Just my two cents.

I don't like Michael because I really did believe he molested some boys, but I love his music!

Written By: whistledog on 03/23/09 at 12:32 am

I don't like Michael because I really did believe he molested some boys

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2008-04/38356430.jpg

Written By: analogue on 03/24/09 at 7:05 pm

The tabloids arn't exatly pro Michael Jackson so during the times that he was accused they did everything in they're power to make Michael look guilty. During the trial the tabloids were very one sided about the case and they twisted alot of things just to win ratings and make money. If people would have actually followed the case instead of reading tabloid crap they'd see that there was actually more evidence pointing towards his innocence than towards his guilt.

Here's an interesting video about what happend in 1993

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lVUvOLdg50

Oh and just to add one more thing i don't think Michael is has weird as everyone makes out. In every interview i've seen of him (the one's that haven't been edited to make him look bad that is) he just seems like a really nice, humble,  and down to earth person.

Written By: gb on 07/01/09 at 7:50 am

To me they were both sick. I don't care if it's opposite or same sex if you pick on kids you're a slime bucket. I really do hope they both find peace in death that they couldn't in life.

Written By: Brian24 on 07/06/09 at 4:55 pm

You can say what you want about Micheal's personal life but their is no denying that when it come to music he was the best that ever did it.

Elvis was a great artist but Micheal is even greater. Micheal was like Elvis, James Brown and The Beattles rolled into one person.
Micheal Jackson did it all ( He created the moonwalk, all dancers rate him as the best), singing( biggest selling album ever)and created groundbreaking videos(thriller the video the made mtv and set the standard for music videos to follow) .Elvis was good but he never did the things micheal did and elvis did not have the worldwide appeal Micheal did.

They say Elvis sold a billion records but if you did the math the numbers don't add up look for yourself, im not hating on elvis cause he was great ,im just stating the facts, even if he did micheal still sold more copies per album on average. Elvis made 90 albums. Micheal made 10 and sold 750 million to date.

If you to divide the amount of units sold per album micheal sold way more and had more singles than elvis did.

Elvis= 90 albums divide by 1 billion units = 11 + million copies per album.

Micheal= 10 albums divide by 750 million units= 75 million copies per album.

Micheal wrote His own music Elvis had wirters.

Micheal united races something Elvis never did. Those who wanna say Elvis was better what do you base this on provide evidence. Im am white and i feel that the majority of those who say elvis is better says that only because he was white thats just wrong, talent should be all that matters.

Micheal is the worlds greatest entertainer.Hands down.

Written By: QLASIQK on 07/06/09 at 4:57 pm

You can say what you want about Micheal's personal life but their is no denying that when it come to music he was the best that ever did it.

Elvis was a great artist but Micheal is even greater. Micheal was like Elvis, James Brown and The Beattles rolled into one person.
Micheal Jackson did it all ( He created the moonwalk, all dancers rate him as the best), singing( biggest selling album ever)and created groundbreaking videos(thriller the video the made mtv and set the standard for music videos to follow) .Elvis was good but he never did the things micheal did and elvis did not have the worldwide appeal Micheal did.

They say Elvis sold a billion records but if you did the math the numbers don't add up look for yourself, im not hating on elvis cause he was great ,im just stating the facts, even if he did micheal still sold more copies per album on average. Elvis made 90 albums. Micheal made 10 and sold 750 million to date.

If you to divide the amount of units sold per album micheal sold way more and had more singles than elvis did.

Micheal wrote His own music Elvis had wirters.

Micheal united races something Elvis never did. Those who wanna say Elvis was better what do you base this on provide evidence. Im am white and i feel that the majority of those who say elvis is better says that only because he was white thats just wrong, talent should be all that matters.

Written By: Paul on 07/07/09 at 4:10 pm

First off, spell the guy's name right, at least!  ::)

Second off, impressive though those figures are, you must take into account the record-buying demographic in both artists' heyday...there were a lot more people purchasing Jacko's stuff simply because...there were a lot more people around! (That's population increases for you!)

Third off, in the times of Pres, albums weren't a mainstay of a pop artists' career...albums were the preserve of soundtrack LPs or (God help us) Mantovani! So, bit of an uneven playing field there...

Hm...I was more of a Jolson fan myself!

Written By: 80sfan on 07/07/09 at 4:18 pm

As much as I like both Michael and Elvis I don't think they both sold as much as their record company says!

Here's how much I think they both sold:

Elvis: 600 million albums worldwide

Michael Jackson: 323 million worldwide (not including singles)

The whole 'Over 1 billion sold' thing with Elvis is a lie and a promotional tool. And the whole '750 million albums' with Michael is a lie also, it's only 750 million if you add in the single sales!

Written By: 80sfan on 07/07/09 at 4:49 pm

Elvis had more influence because he came on at the right time. Michael had better performances because he was young enough to be on Mtv.

I don't know, I like them both!  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/09 at 7:10 pm

Hm...I was more of a Jolson fan myself!

Hmmm....Mr. Jolson was white and put on blackface and Mr. Jackson were was black and put on whiteface!
:P

Written By: Andrea on 07/08/09 at 3:04 pm

Elvis Presley, es el rey del Rock n' Roll y de todos los corazones que amamos su voz y su musica Elvis a pesar de todas las dificultades económicas y de salud que tuvo logró salir adelante para ser el ídolo de millones de personas y ser uno de los pioneros de un nuevo estilo de música y jamàs abandono sus raìces musicales y sus ideales.
;DEL TALENTO Y ESTILO DE ELVIS ESO UNICO E  INCOMPARABLE  ;)

Written By: Marian on 07/08/09 at 8:08 pm

I would dearly love to know where you got your info. on Elvis from. Let me remind you that the Weekly World News is satire.

The child molester cr*p probably comes from the fact that Elvis met his wife when she was but 13 years old. Being that he met her in Germany and left her there with her parents, I doubt that they ever did anything until they actually got married. I also Googled "Elvis Presley child molestation" and you know what came up? Lisa Marie, who was married to Michael Jackson, who is accused of (big shock) child molestation. I found that hysterical.

The drug thing. Yeah, he was an addict, a product of the stupid celebrity life. He popped pills and did other questionable drugs, and he paid for it with his life. Unfortunate, really. He was such a nice boy when he was younger. I'm not too sure about the wife killing thing though. I know I've heard about it before, but the Enquirer tends to exaggerate a lot.

Racism and prejudice are something I can't fathom Elvis harboring. Then again, he was from Tennessee, and we know how people from the south were at the time. And before anyone gets offended by that, let me remind you that my grandparents were from the south and they were the same way until they met my dad. It only takes one thing like that to change a person's opinion. If Elvis had prejudice in his heart, it most likely disappeared over time. Or maybe it disappeared when he gave his Army pay to those less fortunate, which included (don't be shocked now) people of other RACES. How do I know he did this? My grandfather was in the Army with him. He saw it. The racism charge may also have been a cause of this: http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/presley3.asp. Read the whole thing. You might also want to read this: http://gratefuldread.net/archives/cat/000733.html and this: http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/presley1.asp
There are facts I have provided for you, something you have neglected to provide in your original post.

There is your answer on why Elvis is still known as the King and Jackson is still a freak. Elvis may have done stupid sh*t like drugs, but he would have NEVER harmed someone in the way that Jackson did and then try to cover it up with lies and money and kidnapping and whatever else that freak of nature did.

P.S. I'm not a rabid Elvis fan, but unlike you, I did my homework on his life. You should try it sometime.
I wopuld have serious doubts Elvis was a racist.I mean,he was biracial himself--part Cherokee,having an ancestor named Morning Dove who was in trn the ancestor of 2 cousins who became Elvis' great-grandparents,I think(have to look it up on geneaology.com).Also widely known to love "black" music and legend had it he had N---lover scratched into his car because of his association with black musicians.before he became famous he would work on jewish holidays so his jewish friends could have the day off.

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/09 at 8:09 pm

Elvis Presley, es el rey del Rock n' Roll y de todos los corazones que amamos su voz y su musica Elvis a pesar de todas las dificultades económicas y de salud que tuvo logró salir adelante para ser el ídolo de millones de personas y ser uno de los pioneros de un nuevo estilo de música y jamàs abandono sus raìces musicales y sus ideales.
;DEL TALENTO Y ESTILO DE ELVIS ESO UNICO E  INCOMPARABLE  ;)

Si

Written By: zinnamongirl on 07/09/09 at 12:25 pm

"His family also claims he was a racist and a white supremacist who hailed Hitler. We've all heard the stories."

Sorry Pal, but Elvis Presley was not a white supremacist, one good reason for this was that he was not entirely white!  He was Roma, a person of color, and of East Indian origin.  Elvis Presley was a Gypsy.  Anyone who knows anything about Roma (informally known as Gypsies) would know that their numbers were decimated by 85% during the Holocaust, virtually wiped off the face of the earth by white supremacists during the Fascist Nazi era.  And also that they are still being violently persecuted throughout the world at this writing. 

I don't see why anyone has a need to draw a line in the sand in regard who was more popular or better in his time.  What is this Elvis vs. Michael BS anyhow?  Obviously Michael Jackson had a soft spot in his heart for Gypsies and would be turning in his grave if he had one, at the comparison.  Two of the people he admired and emulated most were Charlie Chaplin and Elvis Presley - both Gypsies. 

As far as popularity just check the demographics.  Of course more people know about Michael Jackson and more people will respond.. There are 4 billion more people in the world today, then there were in Elvis Presley's time.  Not to mention we have instantaneous mass communication these days.  People on Facebook and Twitter knew Michael Jackson was dead hours before it was officially declared.  During Elvis Presley's time entire
nations of people and political regimes were not even allowed to listen to western music.  Talk about breaking barriers, in Elvis Presley times they wouldn't even allow him to perform in many places and when the public demanded it he was shown only from certain angles.  Not to mention he pushed that wild "Negro Music" to the absolute front and center of the world stage.

As far as child molestation ... during Elvis Presley's time (and my own) girls could get married at age 14, with a parents consent, in most States in the USA.  Elvis and Priscilla met in 1959, she was 14, just shy of her 15th birthday, and under the supervision of her parents at the time.  Her parents chaperoned all their contacts and visits.  Elvis and Priscilla had a long distance relationship for the majority of time, up to when she graduated high school in 1962.  Everyone knows, that Elvis was at the height of his fame and popularity, heterosexual and not shy about pursuing female companionship, till he eventually married Priscilla in 1967. 

As far as addiction, let those without one throw the first stone.  Even today we are addicting millions of our youngsters on speed.  How will all those kids on Ritalin and Adderall cope when it will be determined that those drugs are nothing but speed.  What will they do as adults when some doctor determines they can no longer have those drugs?  Will they turn to the street for their fix, when Adderall and Ritalin are finally taken off the market?  Or when some physician abruptly decides to pull them off of it?  Our medical system creates addicts all the time, every day.  Who wouldn't have a more productive and a happy day - with a legal speed kick every 4 hours?  Especially if it is prescribed by a physician, socially sanctioned and legal.  And what about all those other people who innocently get hooked on sleeping pills, and pain medication?  It took me 8 months to stop pining for Ambien, (which was innocently prescribed to me, as a long term cure for stress related insomnia) when I decided to go off of it. 

So folks ... lets back off, and let each celebrity have their due, in their own right.  Rest in Peace, Elvis and Michael and thank you for the JOY you brought into our life!

:\'(

Written By: Lindee on 07/10/09 at 3:04 pm

Elvis was just a druggie who liked to watch women wrestle in their underwear. ;D

Written By: Marian on 07/10/09 at 3:09 pm

There is a difference between Michael Jackson and Elvis. 

MJ rose to fame with his brothers, then went solo and multiplicated his success when Thriller was released, and with that, he was pretty much expected by the media to duplicate that success with every album he would go on to release. 

Elvis was a success from the get-go and no one album in particular was his defining moment, as all of his records were equally good.  Thriller made MJ a world-wide phenomenon.  Hit after hit made Elvis a world-wide phenomenon
You are so right!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/13/09 at 5:01 pm

Well about time for me to chime in on this topic.

Anyone who thinks that Elvis is still the "King" is misinformed.

Michael Jackson is, was, and will always be the king of entertainment. Let's look at the numbers, Michael has sold rings around Elvis. And Michael even married Elvis daughter and did "you know what" with her. If that don't scream "King" and "Pimp" in the same breath, I don't know what does. Let's also factor in the fact that Elvis NEVER won a Grammy during his career. And Michael has so many of them, he propbably has had to give them away. Michael has won so many awards that they started naming them after him (IE, the MTV Video Vanguard Award, etc)

Elvis also got fat as a blimp before he died. Michael was slim, trim and cute up to the end.

Not to say that Elvis wasn't a great performer, he was. Not to say that he was popular in his hey day and still has his devoted fans spanning the globe. He does. And beleive it or not, I do actually like Elvis and would like to visit Graceland one day. But I keep it in perspective--Michael is Elvis and MORE.

But I will give the "Elviites" one thing. Elvis did rock that black leather suit (in that famous 1968 comback special) a little better than Michael did in the "Billie Jean" clip. But Michael MADE red leather an art form. LOLl.

;D

And I'm not touching the child molestation charges because I'll get hot heased, heavy worded and kicked off the board.  ;) But I know my mom would have kicked my ass to New Mexico and back if I'd ask to marry someone at the age of 14.  ;D

Written By: Marian on 07/15/09 at 3:22 pm

Michael Jackson is, was, and will always be the king of entertainment. Let's look at the numbers, Michael has sold rings around Elvis. And Michael even married Elvis daughter and did "you know what" with her. If that don't scream "King" and "Pimp" in the same breath, I don't know what does. Let's also factor in the fact that Elvis NEVER won a Grammy during his career. And Michael has so many of them, he propbably has had to give them away. Michael has won so many awards that they started naming them after him (IE, the MTV Video Vanguard Award, etc)

Elvis also got fat as a blimp before he died. Michael was slim, trim and cute up to the end.

Not to say that Elvis wasn't a great performer, he was. Not to say that he was popular in his hey day and still has his devoted fans spanning the globe. He does. And beleive it or not, I do actually like Elvis and would like to visit Graceland one day. But I keep it in perspective--Michael is Elvis and MORE.

But I will give the "Elviites" one thing. Elvis did rock that black leather suit (in that famous 1968 comback special) a little better than Michael did in the "Billie Jean" clip. But Michael MADE red leather an art form. LOLl.

;D

And I'm not touching the child molestation charges because I'll get hot heased, heavy worded and kicked off the board.  ;) But I know my mom would have kicked my ass to New Mexico and back if I'd ask to marry someone at the age of 14.  ;D
Slim and trim would be the understatment of the year!!!!!!!!!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/15/09 at 8:52 pm

Hi Marian.

How would have described him perhaps? Malnourished? Emaciated? Gaunt?

I'd like to know.  :)

Written By: ninny on 07/16/09 at 10:32 am

As much as I like both Michael and Elvis I don't think they both sold as much as their record company says!

Here's how much I think they both sold:

Elvis: 600 million albums worldwide

Michael Jackson: 323 million worldwide (not including singles)

The whole 'Over 1 billion sold' thing with Elvis is a lie and a promotional tool. And the whole '750 million albums' with Michael is a lie also, it's only 750 million if you add in the single sales!

Artists by reputed sales

1 billion records or more
Artist  ↓ Country  ↓ Period  ↓ Genre  ↓ Estimated sales  ↓ Source
The Beatles United Kingdom 1960-1970 Rock / Pop rock 1 billion +
Elvis Presley United States 1953–1977 Rock and Roll / Pop 1 billion +

500 million to 999 million records
Artist  ↓ Country  ↓ Period  ↓ Genre  ↓ Estimated sales  ↓ Source
Bing Crosby United States 1926–1977 Traditional pop/Jazz 500 million
Michael Jackson United States 1964–2009 Pop / R&B / Rock 750 million [12

Lets here it for Bing Crosby :)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/16/09 at 5:55 pm

Elvis sold most of his records in the years after his death I presume.

Michael's body isn't even cold yet, let's give the man a chance. I don't know about other places in the country, but I know that as soon as anything with Michael's face on it appears, it Moonwalks out of the store. I know.  ;D

I saw TWENTY Thrller25 albums walk out a store right before my eyes. No BS, hand to God.

(Luckily I already had my own copy, but it still kind of boggles my mind.)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/16/09 at 6:51 pm

POP LP...big deal! STILL trails Elvis and The Beatles in #1 hits.

People are found innocent of crimes often...that doesn't mean they aren't guilty ;)

Leaders of screwball nation.....Many :D

Some  who are greedy and think money and power are what matters in life....Idiots!

Just inserting my two cents, is it your right to decide a man's guilt, what do you base it on. . .I used to think he was guilty but then I read up on the history of both accuser's families, and the situations. . .

Big things to consider

The first one (93) where he paid off BECAUSE HIS LAWYER said he should, charges were not brought because NO evidence was found. . .AND

The child in that case described Jackson's penis incorrectly as circumsized and had other inconsistencies with his body, the main thing that the child got right was white spots, but Jackson suffered from Vitilogo, anyone who knows much about Vitilogo (the boy's father for example based on his career) could guess that.

Additionally the child only said this when under a truth serum, a drug that makes people, especially children, particularly open to suggestion--see "Meet the Fockers" for an pretty accurate example of how one can be tricked into believing something happened while under said drug.  The parent was negotiating with MJ to keep the child from ever reporting it, when MJ refused a report was made.  Even in 93, if there was evidence that you molested a child, you couldn't simply get out of it by paying off the victim.  . .things didn't add up--police didn't pursue.  There was a history on the father's part of lawsuits for high dollar amounts. . .

The second accusation, the one he was found NOT GUILTY of, could not keep his story straight.  It changed several times, from the time he told police, to the deposition, to the court. . and his brother's story was also different from his own.  The mother had a history of sexual lawsuits including one against a popular retailer in which she accused a security clerk of touching her inappropriately, and another where she accused someone of molesting one of her children. . .again it's not as clear, cut and dry as people like to think.

MJ was never convicted, in America we have a thing called the constitution MEANT to protect us.  If we as a society convict people in our minds without affording them these rights, and then subsequently hold things against people after court regardless of the outcome (but especially in cases like this) we don't deserve said rights.  Ben Franklin himself said those that relinquish freedom for safety deserve neither. . .it pains me to say this, but we don't. . .in this country you are guilty the minute you are accused. 

Every person who came forward to testify can be easily put aside as a disgruntled former employee, La Toya Jackson who said MJ was a pedophile retracted her story soon after the pay off and said it was a scheme with her husband at the time to extort money from tabloids, there is no CREDIBLE witness, including the many other children who would have had to have seen these things happen and other employees who also likely would have seen these things happen that collaborated the stories.  Some children's parents were outright angry that it was assumed their children were molested, and McCully Culkin was very upset and lividly active in proclaiming he had never been molested after one of the aforementioned disgruntled employees told one of the rags that he was . . .

I'm sorry, but the evidence doesn't support him being a Child Molester.

I love MJ's music, I love Elvis' music, they both had issues, I don't care--they are dead, for God's sake, show them some respect and let them rest in peace.  They had issues, we all do, why is it everyone's personal agenda to spout hate and judgment upon everyone else.  Why does everyone feel so entitled by belittling other people. . .I personally will continue to have both Elvis and MJ, (and Nirvana,  and many other great, but troubled dead artists) on my computer. . .if you don't like his music fine, but justifying discrediting either of them by unproven statements or accusations is foolish, they did great things for the music industry--Elvis defined rock and roll, and still to this day influences our best artists, MJ made music videos what they are today--basically single handedly brought in dance choreography to them and opened the door for minority musicians. . .Both men have my respect, and should be respected by everyone--even those who may not care for their music. . .

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/16/09 at 7:59 pm

Hey Dave.

I seriously applaud you my friend. Thank you for pointing out the facts.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 07/16/09 at 9:56 pm

Michael was a very caring person. He practiced great altruism!  8)

Written By: Marian on 07/17/09 at 1:29 pm

Elvis sold most of his records in the years after his death I presume.

Michael's body isn't even cold yet, let's give the man a chance. I don't know about other places in the country, but I know that as soon as anything with Michael's face on it appears, it Moonwalks out of the store. I know.  ;D

I saw TWENTY Thrller25 albums walk out a store right before my eyes. No BS, hand to God.

(Luckily I already had my own copy, but it still kind of boggles my mind.)
I think Elvis sold more in 1956-1958,with populatuion adjustments.

Written By: SharpshooterTom on 07/18/09 at 7:01 pm

MJ Elvis and Beatles will all be regarded as the greatest, they're in their own league outright.

Bing Crosby and Abba are the next best two selling artists after, and neither actually come close.

It's strange to think Madonna and Maria Carey have only sold 200 million ish, when you put into contest the billion mark records that MJ and Elvis got, it's astonishing.

Written By: Marian on 07/19/09 at 2:36 pm

Hi Marian.

How would have described him perhaps? Malnourished? Emaciated? Gaunt?

I'd like to know.  :)
are you calling me fat? ??? ;) :D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/19/09 at 6:29 pm

are you calling me fat? ??? ;) :D

No dear, I wasn't calling you fat. I was merely asking how you would have prefered me to describe Michael Jackson's physique. Since "slim, trim, and cute" seemed to be inaccurate. (Well I didn't deem inaccurate, you did, but you are entitled to your opinion about Michael)  :)

Written By: Meh_227 on 07/20/09 at 7:43 pm

The reason, bottomline, when you get right down to it, it’s because one is white and one is black. And for some people that is very, very threatening - for one man (one black man) to have that much power, fame, notoriety, money, popularity, (did say money?). MJ had white women (and white men, too) all over the world screaming his name and falling out at his concerts. And guess what, no matter what anyone says or thinks, you can never, ever erase that or take back. And as Michael might say (but ever too polite to ever say so - but I’m not). All of you haters can “Eat it, Eat it” (sung to the tune of “Beat it”) So all of you can kiss his white (black) a$$.

Written By: whistledog on 07/20/09 at 7:50 pm

The reason, bottomline, when you get right down to it, it’s because one is white and one is black. And for some people that is very, very threatening - for one man (one black man) to have that much power, fame, notoriety, money, popularity, (did say money?). MJ had white women (and white men, too) all over the world screaming his name and falling out at his concerts. And guess what, no matter what anyone says or thinks, you can never, ever erase that or take back. And as Michael might say (but ever too polite to ever say so - but I’m not). All of you haters can “Eat it, Eat it” (sung to the tune of “Beat it”) So all of you can kiss his white (black) a$$.

???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/20/09 at 8:39 pm

Great Googly Moogly! *hugging Meh* I've never encountered a fan (may i call you a fan?) more outspoken than me.  ;D You shine my friend! You shine!  :)

Written By: Marian on 07/25/09 at 1:48 pm

No dear, I wasn't calling you fat. I was merely asking how you would have prefered me to describe Michael Jackson's physique. Since "slim, trim, and cute" seemed to be inaccurate. (Well I didn't deem inaccurate, you did, but you are entitled to your opinion about Michael)  :)
I would say he was naturally inclined to be thin,but thinner than he should have been.

Written By: Carol on 07/28/09 at 10:22 am

Elvis was just a druggie who liked to watch women wrestle in their underwear. ;D

Well Jon Bon Jovi is a huge Elvis fan. 

Written By: datalore on 07/28/09 at 11:04 am

;D

Oh Elvis is still the king.  It's anyone who doesn't know that he's the king that is misinformed.  Firstly, your statement about Elvis's record sales being less than Jacko's..  I'd like to know how you came up with that information.  Especially considering the fact that according to the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) Michael Jackson has sold around 750 million Records Worldwide.  Elvis on the other hand has sold well over a billion.  As for national figures whilst Michael Jackson has sold something around sixty one and a half million, Elvis' figures are more along the lines of 119 million.  So the "Outselling Elvis" statement taking those figures into account is obviously false.

Now, your claim that Elvis never won a Grammy is also false.  Elvis in fact won three Grammys.  Michael Jackson was never voted one of America's outstanding men.  Elvis never toured or performed outside of the United States aside from a few performances in Europe when he was stationed there.  He didn't need to tour, to develop a fan base over seas.  His appeal, and the love of his fans transcended that barrier.  As for other awards, Well... if you ever go to Graceland, make sure you take a look around the Hall of Gold.  One of the most impressive displays of awards in history.  And those aren't even all of Elvis' awards. 

I personally wouldn't call Micheal cute, or even handsome.  He's had so many face lifts that it's hard to tell just how much of him was really there and how much was actually just plastic.  Michael's music? I like from the 80s on.  I am a child of the eighties.  No offense, but you should perhaps get your facts right about Elvis before you actually post false ones. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/28/09 at 11:14 am

Elvis = King of Rock

MJ = King of Pop

Written By: Marian on 07/31/09 at 1:07 pm

Elvis = King of Rock

MJ = King of Pop
That's a good way to put it.

Written By: Max Power on 07/31/09 at 2:00 pm

Elvis = King of Rock

MJ = King of Pop

Is the OP still alive?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/09 at 12:56 pm

Is the OP still alive?
Who is OP?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/09 at 1:19 pm

Elvis = King of Rock

MJ = King of Pop

That's a good way to put it.
As...

Aretha Franklin = The Queen Of Soul

Madonna = Queen of Pop

Written By: blue on 08/06/09 at 11:24 am

can everyone STOP saying Elvis was famous world wide when he wasn't, he was only famous in Europe,while michael was knwn world wide,you can go to the smallest place on earth and say "michael" and they will say "Jackson". rest of the world only got to knw Elvis b'cos western countries kept comparing them, so dnt bother comparing them, MICHAEL JACKSON will always be on top when it comes to being world famous, rest my case.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/09 at 11:57 am

can everyone STOP saying Elvis was famous world wide when he wasn't, he was only famous in Europe,while michael was knwn world wide,you can go to the smallest place on earth and say "michael" and they will say "Jackson". rest of the world only got to knw Elvis b'cos western countries kept comparing them, so dnt bother comparing them, MICHAEL JACKSON will always be on top when it comes to being world famous, rest my case.
Surely Elvis Presley was famous in the USA?

Written By: blue on 08/06/09 at 1:19 pm

Surely Elvis Presley was famous in the USA?
yes he was in USA but not world famous like MJ ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/09 at 1:25 pm

He was certainly famous in Far East Asia and had hit records in Australia.

Written By: blue on 08/06/09 at 3:10 pm

He was certainly famous in Far East Asia and had hit records in Australia.

ppl in east only got to knw of Elvis as i said before was b'cos of MJ and the comparing western countries were doing, so NO he still wasn't world famous like MJ :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/09 at 1:54 pm

ppl in east only got to knw of Elvis....
His full name would be on the records sold there.

Written By: blue on 08/07/09 at 2:53 pm

His full name would be on the records sold there.

sold where???
MJ IS THE BEST!!!
i knw u rlly love him  ;)
so stop faking!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/09 at 2:58 pm

sold where???

The world over, you name the country, Elvis Presley had hits there.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/09 at 2:59 pm

i knw u rlly love him  ;)

Personally I find Elvis Presley songs all the same.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/09 at 3:02 pm

sold where???
Look closely, the full name of Elvis Presley is on this single of (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear

http://www.blackpatti.com/TeddyBear_ElvisPresley_RCAVictor1.JPG

Written By: blue on 08/07/09 at 4:24 pm

Look closely, the full name of Elvis Presley is on this single of (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear

http://www.blackpatti.com/TeddyBear_ElvisPresley_RCAVictor1.JPG

look im dnt knw what u on about or what ur on, im only saying MJ is better then EP so lets just leave it at that, b'cos ur off the point i was making >:(

Written By: Paul on 08/07/09 at 4:30 pm

Elvis = King of Rock

And then I hear pap like 'Wooden Heart'...still makes me shudder!  :P

Written By: whistledog on 08/07/09 at 4:32 pm

Does your mother know you escaped from your playpen ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/09 at 4:34 pm

And then I hear pap like 'Wooden Heart'...still makes me shudder!  :P
It does show dexterity in singing in a foreign language ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/09 at 4:37 pm

Both Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson are world famous.

Written By: Paul on 08/07/09 at 4:38 pm

It does show dexterity in singing in a foreign language ?

Heh! Well, German's not the most evocative of languages to speak, let alone sing in...so I'm not sure whether he's making a good job of it!

But that sappy, oom-pah tune! Aaaaargh!  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/09 at 4:40 pm

Heh! Well, German's not the most evocative of languages to speak, let alone sing in...so I'm not sure whether he's making a good job of it!

But that sappy, oom-pah tune! Aaaaargh!  8-P
From a sappy film ?

Written By: Paul on 08/07/09 at 4:55 pm

From a sappy film ?

GI Blues, I think...might have been sappy, but I can't say for sure, as I flatly refuse to watch any of his tawdry films!  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/09 at 5:04 pm

GI Blues, I think...might have been sappy, but I can't say for sure, as I flatly refuse to watch any of his tawdry films!  :P
It was all fodder for the fans.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/09 at 1:57 pm

For those of you who says Elvis wasn't popular worldwide are wrong. My parents, well our whole family are Vietnamese, and Elvis was popular there when my parents were in their teens in Vietnam. My mom's brother had Elvis's hairstyle and in the mid-90's there was a Vietnamese singer name Elvis Phuong. The singer's stage name was like that on purpose: because he wanted to attract more audiences. He knew Elvis was a household name worldwide!

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/09/09 at 1:12 am

I can't believe this argument is still going on. . .

Musical tastes will be different for every person, MJ and EP were nothing alike--but they both deserve the honor and respect of anybody who loves any pop music, rock music, even R&B, Hip Hop and Punk . . .I mean they were both pioneers of different times. . .RIP both of them

Written By: harry on 08/30/09 at 6:28 pm

King Elvis did it on his own with his SUPERB voice.  He did not have to travel the world to promote his music. Who inspired the likes of Beatles, Rolling Stones and WACKO etc? Yes WECKO was into music as a child but what happened then? Presley has no weired names but Jacko has. JACKO was not a normal person. He underwent an awfull lot of surgery to become a human being like us. He was born a freak and that is not his fault. NO NORMAL FATHER WOULD DANGLE HIS CHILD OVER A BALCONY for CHEAP publicity. The world gave him the appropriate TITLE: WACKO JACKO.

Written By: Davester on 08/30/09 at 11:15 pm

Thread's run it's course.  I'm locking it...

Check for new replies or respond here...